ImageImageImageImage

Redick receiving interest from teams

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Orlando Prodigy
Senior
And1: 112

Re: Redick receiving interest from teams 

Post#201 » by Orlando Prodigy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Since this is the year to draft a SG with our probable top 3 pick, we need to get a PG back in a trade.

Three way with Boston and Sacramento landing us Tyreke Evans? If Boston is that desperate, maybe we can get Fab Melo and ship out Gustavo? But what could Boston send Sacramento? A veteran like Terry?
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,990

Post#202 » by tfmiii » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:58 pm

i have no inside dope, but i could imagine:

-Boston sending a SG to Minny (who is strapped for wings)
-Minny sending the contract for gimped Roy (2nd year of contract is covered by insurance) to ORL and
-Boston sending a pick to ORL along w $3Mil to cover the salary for Roy

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bghn8u2

Orlando gets a pick while shedding any salary obligations (saving $$$), also without Redick the team will perform worse increasing the value of your own picks in the near term
tfmiii
Assistant Coach

Post#203 » by tfmiii » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Orlando Prodigy wrote:Since this is the year to draft a SG with our probable top 3 pick, we need to get a PG back in a trade.

Three way with Boston and Sacramento landing us Tyreke Evans? If Boston is that desperate, maybe we can get Fab Melo and ship out Gustavo? But what could Boston send Sacramento? A veteran like Terry?

well if Boston is desperate they could send Rondo to Sacto as part of a larger trade, routing Evans to ORL

I don't know how 'open for business' Sacto will be however with impending sale
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#204 » by cedric76 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:02 pm

Orlando Prodigy wrote:Since this is the year to draft a SG with our probable top 3 pick, we need to get a PG back in a trade.

We need an extra lotto pick to pick smart
And use our top 3 pick to get mclemore or shab
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Orlando Prodigy
Senior
And1: 112

Post#205 » by Orlando Prodigy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:05 pm

tfmiii wrote:

well if Boston is desperate they could send Rondo to Sacto as part of a larger trade, routing Evans to ORL

I don't know how 'open for business' Sacto will be however with impending sale

Sacramento may lose Tyreke in Free Agency if they don't make a move or overpay him. I'm sure they could use a veteran presence in the locker room as well. That would leave the Magic next year...

Tyreke/Jameer
Afflalo/Shabazz (or McLemore)
Harkless/Hedo
Davis/Nicholson
Vucevic/Melo/O'Quinn

Which would be entertaining and still bad enough to get a top pick next year.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#206 » by Cigamodnalro » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:05 pm

tfmiii wrote:i have no inside dope, but i could imagine:

-Minny sending the contract for gimped Roy (2nd year of contract is covered by insurance) to ORL and

Orlando gets a pick while shedding any salary obligations (saving $$$), also without Redick the team will perform worse increasing the value of your own picks in the near term

I could only imagine this if we got Min's pick too

Celtics: Terry, Melo, pick
Get: Redick

Wolves: Roy contract, pick
Get: Terry, Melo

Magic: Redick
Get: Roy contract, C's pick, Wolves pick
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,796

Post#207 » by IllMagic04 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:09 pm

If Boston is willing to give up their 2014 1st round pick we gotta take it. I'll miss JJ, hes a hard worker and he has improved every year :( . But at the same time he deserves a chance to win and we need all the picks we can get.
BrettC03
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#208 » by BrettC03 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:I could only imagine this if we got Min's pick too

I like it. That should have us picking Top-5 once, 15-20 twice.
IllMagic04
Analyst

Post#209 » by IllMagic04 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:

I'd do this but do the wolves really want terry though?? Other than that this deal works. Would the Wolves pick be this year or 2014?
tfmiii
Assistant Coach

Post#210 » by tfmiii » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:

I can't see the twolves giving up a pick for Lee
Ballah
Bench Warmer
And1: 573

Post#211 » by Ballah » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:21 pm

Bradley and Sullinger.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Post#212 » by thelead » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Redick is not getting traded for Bos's 1st round pick. He's worth a hell of a lot more these days.
IllMagic04
Analyst

Post#213 » by IllMagic04 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:31 pm

thelead wrote:Redick is not getting traded for Bos's 1st round pick. He's worth a hell of a lot more these days.

Not saying Bos would do this but are you saying if we could swap JJ for a unprotected 2014 1st round pick you woulden't do it??
AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Post#214 » by AhaAha » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:35 pm

thelead wrote:Redick is not getting traded for Bos's 1st round pick. He's worth a hell of a lot more these days.

This. I remember the time we were deperate for scoring and we coudn't fetch anything.
Redick for a mid first round pick is bulls...
ilikebeer
Senior
And1: 18

Post#215 » by ilikebeer » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:35 pm

I always though Rondo was the perfect PG to pair with Redick. They would seem to fit really well together. Redick can make up for rondos shooting, rondo can help redicks defense. It would seem to work well on paper.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Post#216 » by thelead » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:40 pm

IllMagic04 wrote:

Not saying Bos would do this but are you saying if we could swap JJ for a unprotected 2014 1st round pick you woulden't do it??

They wouldn't do it. If they did though, I'm not sure I would. Rondo, JJ, Garnett, Pierce would probably make the playoffs next year too... you would have to be gambling on an injury... that would be a high payout but the chances are slim that they miss the playoffs. I probably wouldn't take that gamble with safer options available for JJ.
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#217 » by Orium » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:45 pm

ilikebeer wrote:I always though Rondo was the perfect PG to pair with Redick. They would seem to fit really well together. Redick can make up for rondos shooting, rondo can help redicks defense. It would seem to work well on paper.

It would be nice having a playoff team to root for this year, even if it is Boston. They definitely need a 3rd team though.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,068

Re: AW: Redick receiving interest from teams 

Post#218 » by bigdogdylan5 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:45 pm

AhaAha wrote:Thread went ot lol.

I'm not as impressed with henny than most of you. Yeah he is better than otis. But beeing better than someone doesn't make him good.
I mean if he's such a good scout wtf did he see in eyenga,mcroberts or ayon? And what was wrong with earl clark or ryan anderson?
What i have to admit is that i never expected vuc or afflalo beeing that good.
I'm also not that impressed with our rookies as most of you. I mean what have they shown what others don't. This draft was just loaded with talent.

Lol no one will ever be satisfied dude he knows Anderson's abilities and he didn't feel like paying him 10 million for 4 years and hurting potential cap room and I 100% agree McRoberts is at worst a expiring big that can be dealt with JJ and Ayon is a very cheap big and is everyone's favorite whipping boy for some reason. Are u really blasting him for Earl Clark? dude he is at best Ariza and didn't improve at all one reason I think Phx traded him so quickly was because they saw a lot of red flags and I never liked him
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,068

Post#219 » by bigdogdylan5 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 pm

bigpimpatl wrote:holy run-on sentence batman.

You're delusional if you really think Hennigan (or anyone) somehow knew Vucevic would be this good. And Harkless hasn't shown anything so far to make me believe he's worth keeping around. Our very own Nicholson has shown more promise than him, and Harkless is a starter. Even when Paul George came in he showed flashes of what he could be. Harkless? he's only scored double digits in one game. ONE GAME. All I've seen from Harkless is that he is athletic and can dunk. Please don't compare him at all to George, what an insult.

just to add about Harkless, if you hadn't noticed his minutes have slowly decreased these past few games compared to earlier in the season. We all know Hedo is a corpse but what does that tell you about Harkless?

I stopped reading after you attacked my grammer
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
IllMagic04
Analyst

Post#220 » by IllMagic04 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 pm

thelead wrote:
IllMagic04 wrote:

They wouldn't do it. If they did though, I'm not sure I would. Rondo, JJ, Garnett, Pierce would probably make the playoffs next year too... you would have to be gambling on an injury... that would be a high payout but the chances are slim that they miss the playoffs. I probably wouldn't take that gamble with safer options available for JJ.

I'd roll the dice on that. Bos is .500 right now. JJ is good but does he make them that much better? Plus we are talking another year older for pierce and KG. Also 2014 is being projected as a deep draft. So even with a mid pick we could get a solid player. What are the safer options for JJ?

Return to Orlando Magic