ImageImageImageImage

Redick receiving interest from teams

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Re: Redick receiving interest from teams 

Post#21 » by damo[23] » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Not surprised, and actually do expect to see him dealt, since he sends most of his time coming off the bench as "2nd fiddle" to AA.

I'd rather keep JJ though
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#22 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:30 pm

drsd wrote:
blue and white wrote:id like to send redick to okc so 1. he can win a chip and 2. id want lamb and a late first for him

If the Magic are looking to dump salary, then Hedo and Jonathan for Lamb and Kevin Martin is an interesting trade.

It's interesting for the Magic, but why for OKC? Martin is doing a great job for them this season and comes off the books at the end of the year - why would they want to give that up for another 2 guard in Redick that is basically the same sort of player? To add Turk?

I think it would be very difficult for Turk's trade value to drop any lower, and a straight up Redick for Martin trade probably doesn't make sense for OKC. I don't see this one happening, personally.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#23 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Now that Hennigan has talked to JJ about the trades, I'm certain he's going to be moved, 100% actually. We'll get a great deal I'm sure, because JJ is someone who can bring a 2nd unit together.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,069

Post#24 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:13 pm

G-Heel wrote:Why? I mean I'm glad it's not Otis, but I don't think hennigan is as great as you guys believe either. He traded Dwight for couple of role players, bad contract, and picks with so many restrictions. OKC got better deal for Harden IMO. Anyway, I'm not sold on him yet. If he can find good deals for JJ and BBD, then I'll be impressed.

Every other GM in the league is trusted with a multimillion business, doesn't mean anything. Otis was trusted with a $500m business and that didn't mean anything. OKC did great with the Harden deal, they got a comparable player that plays the same position in Kevin Martin, and a young prospect in Jeremy Lamb, and a high draft pick. That draft pick is more valuable than anything we got.

I don't buy that for one second. Houston was desperate, I think we could've got what OKC got for Harden easily. Harden showed a lot of promises, but Dwight was a proven superstar playing the most important position. Hennigan was high on Harkless and Afflalo, that's why he made the trade. If Harkless & Vucevic develops well, then it may turn out to be a good trade, but I think Lamb & the pick from Toronto will prove to be better in the end.

Dude there is so much wrong with this i dont know where to start. There is no way that OKC got a better return, Vuc has been playing awesome and is clearly developing with playing time look at how he rebounds it is incredible the strides he is making. Harkless is young and improving everyday it is gonna take time which many of you dont want but face reality. Batum and George come to mind it takes them a while. Affalo is great value he is a very serviceable player making a really good 7-8 Million a year which is awesome when looking at wat players are getting now. Harrington is not a bad contract like hedo he will prolly be cut if he doesnt show any value.

The pick from toronto is a really weak draft would be lucky to be wat Vuc is. How can u sit here and talk like Lamb is a future all star HE HAS BEEN PLAYING IN THE DLEAGUE Harkless=lamb in value right now imo. I love how everyone is blaming henny for Harrington at worst he can be cut after season. Not to mention 3 future 1sts yea they are not lottery picks and we might not see them for a couple years just like we should wait to evaluate the deal people need to get over the fact that we arent gonna be contenders over night
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
freespirit9
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#25 » by freespirit9 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:17 pm

wake up people, redick is going no where. for a franchise that is grooming young players, you dont take away the most popular player on the team. We still pack the arena with a rebuilding team, so lets go ahead and trade the guy who has 70 percent of the jerseys in the rafters. Its not always about basketball, from a marketing standpoint it would be a disaster,
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#26 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:50 pm

The Magic need to decide on something first.

Are they going to re-sign J.J. Redick?

If they are not, they need to get the best deal for him. As much as I love Redick, I do not see them keeping him and Aaron Afflalo.

Youth, draft picks and/or moving a contract (Turkoglu or Harrington) is going to be the priority.

It will be interesting to see how they manage the Salary Cap too.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,096

Post#27 » by tiderulz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:53 pm

freespirit9 wrote:wake up people, redick is going no where. for a franchise that is grooming young players, you dont take away the most popular player on the team. We still pack the arena with a rebuilding team, so lets go ahead and trade the guy who has 70 percent of the jerseys in the rafters. Its not always about basketball, from a marketing standpoint it would be a disaster,

like you said, a franchise grooming young players and a franchise that needs talent. If Redick can bring back any combination of a decent young prospect and a pick, when he is an UFA (one that already has signed a contract with another team before) then you absolutely do it.
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#28 » by BaunceyChillups » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:57 pm

G-Heel wrote:
I don't buy that for one second. Houston was desperate, I think we could've got what OKC got for Harden easily. Harden showed a lot of promises, but Dwight was a proven superstar playing the most important position. Hennigan was high on Harkless and Afflalo, that's why he made the trade. If Harkless & Vucevic develops well, then it may turn out to be a good trade, but I think Lamb & the pick from Toronto will prove to be better in the end.

Unlike Dwight, Harden didn't spend the better part of a year tanking his trade value and being a cancer. Also Harden was able to be locked long-term whereas Dwight is unrestricted this summer.
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,102

Post#29 » by Magic#1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Howard Mass wrote:The Magic need to decide on something first.

Are they going to re-sign J.J. Redick?

If they are not, they need to get the best deal for him. As much as I love Redick, I do not see them keeping him and Aaron Afflalo.

Youth, draft picks and/or moving a contract (Turkoglu or Harrington) is going to be the priority.

It will be interesting to see how they manage the Salary Cap too.

Personally, I think we should really consider bringing JJ back. He's an important piece in building a winning culture and is a fantastic glue guy. However, there is something to be said for keeping salary cap flexibility and signing JJ to a fairly big contract would commit us a lot of money to two guys who can really only play the two-spot. I'd like to know what the offers are, but I really don't think we should undervalue how important JJ is to this franchise. Plays his tail off, a leader, and is a overall very good player.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#30 » by G-Heel » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:19 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
G-Heel wrote:Why? I mean I'm glad it's not Otis, but I don't think hennigan is as great as you guys believe either. He traded Dwight for couple of role players, bad contract, and picks with so many restrictions. OKC got better deal for Harden IMO. Anyway, I'm not sold on him yet. If he can find good deals for JJ and BBD, then I'll be impressed.

Every other GM in the league is trusted with a multimillion business, doesn't mean anything. Otis was trusted with a $500m business and that didn't mean anything. OKC did great with the Harden deal, they got a comparable player that plays the same position in Kevin Martin, and a young prospect in Jeremy Lamb, and a high draft pick. That draft pick is more valuable than anything we got.

Dude there is so much wrong with this i dont know where to start. There is no way that OKC got a better return, Vuc has been playing awesome and is clearly developing with playing time look at how he rebounds it is incredible the strides he is making. Harkless is young and improving everyday it is gonna take time which many of you dont want but face reality. Batum and George come to mind it takes them a while. Affalo is great value he is a very serviceable player making a really good 7-8 Million a year which is awesome when looking at wat players are getting now. Harrington is not a bad contract like hedo he will prolly be cut if he doesnt show any value.

The pick from toronto is a really weak draft would be lucky to be wat Vuc is. How can u sit here and talk like Lamb is a future all star HE HAS BEEN PLAYING IN THE DLEAGUE Harkless=lamb in value right now imo. I love how everyone is blaming henny for Harrington at worst he can be cut after season. Not to mention 3 future 1sts yea they are not lottery picks and we might not see them for a couple years just like we should wait to evaluate the deal people need to get over the fact that we arent gonna be contenders over night

We'll see how that pick turns out. I'm not completely sold on Vucevic, he's doing really really well, but he needs to work a lot on defense. Raptors are doing better of late, so you may be right that Vucevic might turn out to be more valuable than the pick. Lamb in the D-league because Thunders are a good, deep team. They want to give him game experience, he's still a better prospect than Harkless.

I love how you talk about Harrington's contract like it's nothing. Just "cut" him? You realize he still got 2 years after this one right? I don't know everything about his contract, but it doesn't look like we can just cut him with no penalty.

Don't even mention those 1sts we got, have you look at them? They have so much restrictions, that's like a slap in the face when we gave up Howard. You forgot OKC got 3 picks total from Houston too, and they look to be a lot better than what we got. We also took back a negative value in Harrington.
Fire Otis!
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#31 » by CourtsideTV » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:59 pm

keep both aa and jj..sign lebron....= championship team
Work Hard
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#32 » by BaunceyChillups » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:27 pm

G-Heel wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:

We'll see how that pick turns out. I'm not completely sold on Vucevic, he's doing really really well, but he needs to work a lot on defense. Raptors are doing better of late, so you may be right that Vucevic might turn out to be more valuable than the pick. Lamb in the D-league because Thunders are a good, deep team. They want to give him game experience, he's still a better prospect than Harkless.

I love how you talk about Harrington's contract like it's nothing. Just "cut" him? You realize he still got 2 years after this one right? I don't know everything about his contract, but it doesn't look like we can just cut him with no penalty.

Don't even mention those 1sts we got, have you look at them? They have so much restrictions, that's like a slap in the face when we gave up Howard. You forgot OKC got 3 picks total from Houston too, and they look to be a lot better than what we got. We also took back a negative value in Harrington.

Harrington is not guaranteed if he's cut at the end of this season

moreover you're pretty much wrong on everything else as OKC's situation with Harden was not the same as our situation regarding Dwight
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#33 » by RookieStar » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:49 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:keep both aa and jj..sign lebron....= championship team

:D
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,096

Post#34 » by tiderulz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:28 am

BaunceyChillups wrote:
G-Heel wrote:

Harrington is not guaranteed if he's cut at the end of this season

moreover you're pretty much wrong on everything else as OKC's situation with Harden was not the same as our situation regarding Dwight

$3.5 mill next year and $3.5 mill the year after are guaranteed
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,069

Post#35 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:00 am

G-Heel wrote:[

Lol u are aware how weak a draft is this coming year right? the picks are not worthless either we will get an extra first round pick in 2014 2015 and 2017 I know its a long way off but still they will help us and are nice assets if we sit on them like an investment especially in a really strong 2014 class that people are predicting. THe problem is people like you don't want to wait. And yes I am not saying Vuc is an allstar but he prolly should start for the Sophmores in the Rookie game which is very impressive and is on his way. Yes he has a way to go defensively but you need to stop comparing him to Howard in prime. Magic fans are really spoiled with our big men they are the very best defensively and when u take a step back and see what he is u will notice he is getting better and will continue to improve under Vaughn. Harkless is gonna take a while but he is a lottery pick in next years draft and prolly in 2014 if he decided to stay at school we will groom him and hopefully in 2-3 years we will have a Rudy Gay caliber player or at least a George or Batum athletic wing defender. You are looking at this deal like the next two years are the only years that matter in the rest of the NBA you need to realize that this deal will put us in great position in 2015 with maybe a big FA spash in 2014 and added on will be the guard we draft this year will be in second or third year and be a eventual replacement for Affalo or Jameer
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#36 » by Cigamodnalro » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:06 am

Shved and Minny's pick (currently #14)
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#37 » by CraZyPraiZ » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:41 am

Love JJ and I am so happy for him. IF he gets traded I hope it's to a contender so that he can get a championship. this guy is do deserving. Go Magic!!!
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#38 » by Cammo101 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:51 am

Eric Bledesoe please.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#39 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:47 am

CraZyPraiZ wrote:Love JJ and I am so happy for him. IF he gets traded I hope it's to a contender so that he can get a championship. this guy is do deserving. Go Magic!!!

THIS. I am never for trading JJ. I wish/hope that he will be the first magician to have hist jersey retired by this org. However, IF he is traded, then again I too support that he be traded to a quality championship contender that takes care of its players like SA and OKC
Bigmagicfan82
Starter
And1: 343

Post#40 » by Bigmagicfan82 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:03 am

Chicago is off to a good start for the 2012-13 NBA season, especially considering the Bulls are without their top player, but the team is still ranked near the bottom of the league in scoring and struggling from three-point territory and a change could help.

The latest trade rumor from Maxwell Ogden has suggested that the Bulls front office look into adding J.J. Redick of Orlando, a move that would help Chicago with their biggest weaknesses and give the team its best chance of winning their division.

Redick is averaging 14 points and nearly five assists per game, and would give the team a much needed outside shooting threat, and a player that can dish the ball. Chicago has struggled with injuries and shooting from their current group of guards and could use some improvement.

With the NBA trade deadline quickly approaching, look for the front office to make a move or two and then wait for Derrick Rose to return from injury. If all goes well, this team can become a contender for a championship this season.

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.ac ... 4981836440

Return to Orlando Magic