yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Redick receiving interest from teams

Moderators: damo[23], Devin 1L, Hilltop, MagicMadness, Howard Mass, eyriq

Post#106 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 am by londoncollin

If we wanted Iggy we would have gotten him in the Howard trade.
londoncollin

Bench Warmer
And1: 157

Post#107 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:04 am by drsd

Lots of buzz on a Redick for Derrick Williams deal. I do not fully see the point. Orlando has loads of PFs. Williams is an asset and trading up in size and for youth is always a good idea. But this would simply be a step for other, future trades.

Thoughts on Redick for Williams?

drsd

RealGM
And1: 299

Post#108 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 am by tiderulz

drsd wrote:Lots of buzz on a Redick for Derrick Williams deal. I do not fully see the point. Orlando has loads of PFs. Williams is an asset and trading up in size and for youth is always a good idea. But this would simply be a step for other, future trades.

Thoughts on Redick for Williams?

been mentioned a lot in the past few months. Many people here arent believers in Williams, a few are. Many believe that Williams would have to be combined with a 1st to trade for Redick. Not sure whether Minnesota would believe that for an expiring FA Redick.
tiderulz

RealGM
And1: 1,276

Post#109 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:40 pm by applash

tiderulz wrote:
been mentioned a lot in the past few months. Many people here arent believers in Williams, a few are. Many believe that Williams would have to be combined with a 1st to trade for Redick. Not sure whether Minnesota would believe that for an expiring FA Redick.

He has already said he will sign where the money is. If Minny offers it I doubt he refuses.
applash
Junior
And1: 35

Post#110 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:44 pm by tiderulz

applash wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

He has already said he will sign where the money is. If Minny offers it I doubt he refuses.

where has he said that? The only statements I have heard from Redick is that he loves Orlando and would prefer to stay, all things being equal.
tiderulz

RealGM

Post#111 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:50 pm by BadMofoPimp

tiderulz wrote:
applash wrote:

where has he said that? The only statements I have heard from Redick is that he loves Orlando and would prefer to stay, all things being equal.

Naturally, players would rather stay in a nice city and warm climate like Orlando with an owner that can spend money. But, if it comes down to making an extra $5-10 million over a 4 year contract in another city, then money talks because they could always come back and retire down here after basketball with an extra few mil in the bank. Besides, Minnesota is one of the nicer areas to live up north.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 3,447

Post#112 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:16 pm by tiderulz

BadMofoPimp wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
applash wrote:

Naturally, players would rather stay in a nice city and warm climate like Orlando with an owner that can spend money. But, if it comes down to making an extra $5-10 million over a 4 year contract in another city, then money talks because they could always come back and retire down here after basketball with an extra few mil in the bank. Besides, Minnesota is one of the nicer areas to live up north.

i'm not saying JJ wouldnt do it. but the poster said that Redick said he will sign where the money is and I hadnt heard him say anything like that. Was just wondering where that came from.
tiderulz

RealGM

Post#113 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:18 pm by BadMofoPimp

tiderulz wrote:
i'm not saying JJ wouldnt do it. but the poster said that Redick said he will sign where the money is and I hadnt heard him say anything like that. Was just wondering where that came from.

Actually, I have never heard JJ ever talk about money or contracts before. News to me. Maybe a few years ago when he was negotiating his last contract, but I don't remember that far.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#114 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:55 pm by woosah

^It probably came from this article, but Redick wasn't quoted. It was said by Kyler:

Kyler says the Magic would like to re-sign Redick, and that Redick would be open to returning, but notes that the Duke product will sign elsewhere as an unrestricted free agent "if Orlando doesn’t come with serious money and years."

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2013/1/15/3879774/orlando-magic-nba-trade-rumors-jj-redick-arron-afflalo-jameer-nelson

I know I made a point about him being 29 and will probably be his last chance to get the most, but that is a guess obviously. I don't think JJ has ever made mention of money in a quote.
woosah

Analyst
And1: 270
Location: yes, I'm a girl. let me draw you into the warmth of my bosom with bball talk

Post#115 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:06 pm by Javanar

He is 29 so he will be looking for a long term loaded contract. Simple as that.

If he continues to play like this, he can easily get 3-4 years / 8 M - 10M contract. Teams in North would like to give him this kind of deal.

Redick worked in off-season and is in better shape this year. He is quicker and stronger. That is why he is better than ever.

But I highly doubt he will produce like this in upcoming years.

I think he should be traded.
I am not a native English speaker...
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 55

Post#116 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:07 pm by Malik Starks

I've already said I don't think Redick is going anywhere. To me that is most consistent with Hennigan has said, but more importantly what he has done up till now. None of the moves I've seen talked about make much sense anyway, we'll see in a month or so.
Malik Starks
Junior
And1: 31

Post#117 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:03 pm by applash

tiderulz wrote:]

It was from a report. I doubt he said it directly. It was something along the lines of loving to stay here if Orlando was willing to pay. I figure that would extend pretty much anywhere. But it's conjecture on my part.
applash
Junior
And1: 35

Post#118 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:18 pm by SmiteaDwight

if we get at least two of the three following things in a deal i would be happy:

Draft pick(s)
Nice young player or prospect
losing hedo or harrington
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#119 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:57 pm by drsd

SmiteaDwight wrote:if we get at least two of the three following things in a deal i would be happy:

Draft pick(s)
Nice young player or prospect
losing hedo or harrington

Recik's trade seems likely in a package with Harrington.

drsd

RealGM
And1: 299

Post#120 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 am by Bensational

Redick seems much more influential over our W's and L's than Afflalo.

in W's, Redick averages 18ppg on 52%fg and 48%3fg, along with 2.6rpg and 5.2apg in 31.6mpg
in W's, Afflalo averages 18ppg on 48%fg and 47%3fg, along with 4.7rpg and 2.8apg in 37.4mpg

in L's, Redick averages 12.5ppg on 40% and 32%, 2.1rpg, 3.8apg in 30mpg
in L's, Afflalo averages 17ppg on 43% and 28%, 3.2rpg, 3apg in 37.4mpg

in some ways, i'll be annoyed if we trade JJ only to retain Afflalo. i like AA, but i feel like JJ has really been dogged his dues. AA isn't any kind of significant upgrade, and he's not having a significant breakout that i'd imagine the Magic would have liked. give JJ 36mpg and the freedom to put up as many shots as he wants, and i'm sure you'd see just as much of a breakout, if not a bigger one.
Bensational

RealGM
And1: 736

Post#121 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 am by BadMofoPimp

Damn, in the last 5 games, JJ hitting .500 from the floor and .486 from the three. Dude is just tearing it up. Imagine if he was a starter and given the green light. But, I do like the 1-2 punch of JJ and Afflalo. I wouldn't mind keeping both, but Moore is deserving of some good backup minutes strictly at SG too.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#122 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 am by CraZyPraiZ

Love JJ but would like to see him get a chance to play on a contender. He deserves it.
CraZyPraiZ

Pro Prospect
And1: 71

Post#123 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 am by Zmill

Bensational wrote:Redick seems much more influential over our W's and L's than Afflalo.

in W's, Redick averages 18ppg on 52%fg and 48%3fg, along with 2.6rpg and 5.2apg in 31.6mpg
in W's, Afflalo averages 18ppg on 48%fg and 47%3fg, along with 4.7rpg and 2.8apg in 37.4mpg

in L's, Redick averages 12.5ppg on 40% and 32%, 2.1rpg, 3.8apg in 30mpg
in L's, Afflalo averages 17ppg on 43% and 28%, 3.2rpg, 3apg in 37.4mpg

in some ways, i'll be annoyed if we trade JJ only to retain Afflalo. i like AA, but i feel like JJ has really been dogged his dues. AA isn't any kind of significant upgrade, and he's not having a significant breakout that i'd imagine the Magic would have liked. give JJ 36mpg and the freedom to put up as many shots as he wants, and i'm sure you'd see just as much of a breakout, if not a bigger one.

I gotta agree with this post.

I guess it's been a given on this board for a while that Rob is going to go with Afflalo instead of JJ (although there is no concrete evidence). But I prefer JJ.

JJ is a far superior play maker, slightly worse scorer (he does shoot it less though), and a similar defender to Afflalo. JJ can play with the ball or off the ball. Afflalo is limited to simply just spotting up without the ball. Afflalo is a pretty good ISO scorer and his ability to get to the rim is valuable, but is it more valuable than JJ's playmakig ability? JJ averages 4.7 apg on a 23.4% AST%. Compare that to the three other shooting guards that average over 4 assists per game. James Harden 5.4 apg 23.9 AST%, Kobe Bryant 4.7 APG 24 AST%, and OJ Mayo 4.1 APG 19.4 AST%.

To me JJ is a better all-around offensive player than Afflalo. However if JJ tells Rob he'd like to go somewhere else, then this whole dilemma is solved.
Realgm Orlando Magic Fantasy B League
Darren Collison/
Klay Thompson/
Josh Smith/Andre Iguodala
LaMarcus Aldridge/Blake Griffin
Marc Gasol/Nerlens Noel
Zmill

Analyst
And1: 642

Post#124 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 am by Nyce_1

David Baumann ‏@DavidBaumann33
As Feb. 21 #NBA trade deadline looms, sources tell me the Boston Celtics covet Orlando Magic SG J.J. Redick.

I really don't see anything from Boston that would entice us to a trade. Unless, they take on some contracts.
Nyce_1

Lead Assistant
And1: 628

Post#125 Re: Redick receiving interest from teams
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am by claudio-br

I've heard that a lot of Nuggets fans dislike Gallinari. Maybe he could be involved in a Redick trade.
Nikola&
Aaron&
Tobias&
Victor&
Elfrid.
claudio-br
Rookie
And1: 257

PreviousNext

Return to Orlando Magic