yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Vucevic is a stud

Moderators: damo[23], Devin 1L, Hilltop, Howard Mass, MagicMadness, eyriq

Post#41 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:59 pm by toofarjimmy

I like what Vuc has done so far but I think he is being quite overrated. He has proved he is a very good rebounder and has a good understanding of the game for a young guy, but that is all. He is pretty weak defensively, gets lost on pick and rolls and gets outmuscled and outmanouvered. He has very little in the way of post moves, he gets basically all his points off put backs and open jump shots. I've read a lot of 'he'll be a 20 and 12 guy' but so far he has not shown he will be capable of scoring like that. Maybe it will come in time but we I won't assume he can score until I see him creating his own shot. Some people just aren't good scorers and never will be and that's okay. I think if he can put up 13 and 13 consistently and become a good defender we can be very very pleased.
Give Henny a chance
toofarjimmy
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#42 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:07 am by damo[23]

The man has been a great bright spot on the season.

I think he helped us keep our intensity up and let the fans still get excited despite us not having a great record.
One or more squirrels went on a rampage yesterday
damo[23]
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 43

Post#43 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:16 am by Hilltop

doct3r dr3 wrote:can't wait for tomorrow's obscure nba factoid of the day‚ĄĘ.

:lol:
Hilltop

Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 257

Post#44 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:25 pm by Horcy

toofarjimmy wrote:I like what Vuc has done so far but I think he is being quite overrated. He has proved he is a very good rebounder and has a good understanding of the game for a young guy, but that is all. He is pretty weak defensively, gets lost on pick and rolls and gets outmuscled and outmanouvered. He has very little in the way of post moves, he gets basically all his points off put backs and open jump shots. I've read a lot of 'he'll be a 20 and 12 guy' but so far he has not shown he will be capable of scoring like that. Maybe it will come in time but we I won't assume he can score until I see him creating his own shot. Some people just aren't good scorers and never will be and that's okay. I think if he can put up 13 and 13 consistently and become a good defender we can be very very pleased.

Dude, he's only 22 years old. Howard was also rough the first 1 or 2 years in the league (he's still kinda rough on some aspects of the game). He's not as physically gifted as Howard buy Vucevic basketball IQ is much higher.
I don't see him as a as a 20 / 12 guy, I see him more as a 15 / 15 (which I prefer more from a center)
He has the skills and the size to be the best rebounder in the league for many years to come.
Horcy
Assistant Coach
And1: 10

Post#45 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 pm by BrettC03

I'd like to get a shot-blocking 4 to pair with him in the frontcourt. Like a Nerlens Noel.
BrettC03
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#46 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:27 pm by Orium

How about the clutchness Vuc has been showing late in games.. he's been cool as a cucumber under pressure.
Orium
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#47 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:27 pm by OrlandO

Vuc can score 20 if Vaughn wanted him to be a top offensive option. He has the skillset to do it, but there's no point rushing his development so quickly in his first year as a starter. Afflalo, Davis, Nelson and JJ all get the green light ahead of him. Vuc has his plate full with grabbing all those boards, scoring 10+ and learning how to defend more experienced players as he's only 22.
"If and when I reach my full potential, I think I will be better than everybody in this draft," Gordon said.
OrlandO
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#48 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:03 pm by Optimus_Steel

Orium wrote:How about the clutchness Vuc has been showing late in games.. he's been cool as a cucumber under pressure.

He just doesn't get rattled in late game situations. He feels comfortable taking important shots. You can't teach that.
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel

RealGM
And1: 1,412

Post#49 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm by BadMofoPimp

Vuc played great late in the game. He hit that open shot after receiving that great pass from BBD down low. Then, he played great defense on Dirk to force that bad shot or may have gotten a finger on it. I was impressed. He always has that same demeaner.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 3,643

Previous

Return to Orlando Magic