yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Vucevic is a stud

Moderators: Hilltop, eyriq, Devin 1L, damo[23], Howard Mass, MagicMadness

Post#31 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:34 pm by arsenal6106

TommyBeer: Nikola Vucevic has 12+ rebounds in each of his last 8 games. Shaq & D12 are only other players in #Magic history w/ matching streaks. #Elias

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
arsenal6106




Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,334
And1: 98
Joined: Nov 6, 2010
Location: Somewhere Drinking Good Beer.
Top

Post#32 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:29 pm by rcklsscognition

Good job Rob getting him, wish you luck making him sign a contract extension that doesn't break the bank .
Image
McLemore: "I can say I come in with a chip on my shoulder. ... I can be an alpha dog and take over games." We're going to regret passing on him.
rcklsscognition

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,281
And1: 697
Joined: Mar 22, 2009
Top

Post#33 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:22 pm by InFlames

JBSouthpaw wrote:"....Basically what this leaves us is a player who is excellent on the defensive boards, decent on the offensive boards, and fairly crappy everywhere else. "

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/1/17 ... ynum-trade

this was written by a Philly writer. Goes to show you can always make stats back your argument.

Evan Dunlap of orlandopinstripepost likned it on his Twitte


Yea, this is definitely some butthurt.
Image
InFlames



General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,726
And1: 1,382
Joined: Mar 15, 2010
Location: Orlando
Top

Post#34 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:28 pm by magic_turk

IN HENNY WE TRUST :D Loving the direction this team is heading.
Image
magic_turk
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,548
And1: 4
Joined: Apr 28, 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Top

Post#35 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:05 am by Luzern Walker

JBSouthpaw wrote:"....Basically what this leaves us is a player who is excellent on the defensive boards, decent on the offensive boards, and fairly crappy everywhere else. "

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/1/17 ... ynum-trade

this was written by a Philly writer. Goes to show you can always make stats back your argument.

Evan Dunlap of orlandopinstripepost likned it on his Twitte


they look mad
Luzern Walker
Freshman
User avatar
Posts: 65
And1: 0
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Top

Post#36 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:14 am by drsd

The Babycats are one of the worst teams in rebounding defense, giving up 32 per game as the #25 worst team. One could project a good rebound line for Vučević in the next game.

Vučević is already the 3rd best rebounder. And if Howard misses a game or two, here and there, Nikola could end the season leading in total rebounds.

..
drsd



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 19,496
And1: 252
Joined: Mar 15, 2003
Top

Post#37 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am by drsd

/.

Vučević is ahead Joakim Noah, age adjusted.

BR.com LINK

..
drsd



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 19,496
And1: 252
Joined: Mar 15, 2003
Top

Post#38 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:19 am by Def Swami

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555
#Magic C Nikola Vucevic is averaging 15.0 ppg and 14.3 rpg in January. He'd be the 5th NBA player since '86-87 to avg 15/14 in Jan.

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555
Others to avg 15 pts/14 rebs in January since '86-87 are KG (03-04), DHoward (3x: 08-09, 10-11, 11-12), ZRandolph (10-11), KLove (10-11).
Image
Def Swami


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,947
And1: 1,877
Joined: Aug 4, 2008
Location: Orlandipo
Top

Post#39 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:34 am by doct3r dr3

can't wait for tomorrow's obscure nba factoid of the day™.

but seriously, loving vucevic right now. making hennigan look pretty smart indeed
Image
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
doct3r dr3

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,475
And1: 641
Joined: Oct 20, 2004
Location: Nicholsonshine State
Top

Post#40 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:08 pm by OrlDave

drsd wrote:The Babycats are one of the worst teams in rebounding defense, giving up 32 per game as the #25 worst team. One could project a good rebound line for Vučević in the next game.

Vučević is already the 3rd best rebounder. And if Howard misses a game or two, here and there, Nikola could end the season leading in total rebounds.

..


Last 10 games he's leading the league by .8 rebounds (14.9 vs 14.1 of Chandler). Throw out November when JV was still figuring rotations and he''d be leading the league in rebounding today (13.2). Even despite all that, he's #1 in the east. Although besides Chandler and Noah there isn't a lot of competition for that title.
OrlDave




Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,425
And1: 357
Joined: May 4, 2003
Top

Post#41 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:59 pm by toofarjimmy

I like what Vuc has done so far but I think he is being quite overrated. He has proved he is a very good rebounder and has a good understanding of the game for a young guy, but that is all. He is pretty weak defensively, gets lost on pick and rolls and gets outmuscled and outmanouvered. He has very little in the way of post moves, he gets basically all his points off put backs and open jump shots. I've read a lot of 'he'll be a 20 and 12 guy' but so far he has not shown he will be capable of scoring like that. Maybe it will come in time but we I won't assume he can score until I see him creating his own shot. Some people just aren't good scorers and never will be and that's okay. I think if he can put up 13 and 13 consistently and become a good defender we can be very very pleased.
Give Henny a chance
toofarjimmy
Sophomore
Posts: 184
And1: 0
Joined: May 6, 2011
Top

Post#42 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:07 am by damo[23]

The man has been a great bright spot on the season.

I think he helped us keep our intensity up and let the fans still get excited despite us not having a great record.
One or more squirrels went on a rampage yesterday
damo[23]
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
User avatar
Posts: 8,475
And1: 43
Joined: Apr 8, 2005
Location: Retire #25
Top

Post#43 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:16 am by Hilltop

doct3r dr3 wrote:can't wait for tomorrow's obscure nba factoid of the day™.

:lol:
Hilltop




Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
User avatar
Posts: 21,630
And1: 180
Joined: Apr 24, 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Top

Post#44 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:25 pm by Horcy

toofarjimmy wrote:I like what Vuc has done so far but I think he is being quite overrated. He has proved he is a very good rebounder and has a good understanding of the game for a young guy, but that is all. He is pretty weak defensively, gets lost on pick and rolls and gets outmuscled and outmanouvered. He has very little in the way of post moves, he gets basically all his points off put backs and open jump shots. I've read a lot of 'he'll be a 20 and 12 guy' but so far he has not shown he will be capable of scoring like that. Maybe it will come in time but we I won't assume he can score until I see him creating his own shot. Some people just aren't good scorers and never will be and that's okay. I think if he can put up 13 and 13 consistently and become a good defender we can be very very pleased.


Dude, he's only 22 years old. Howard was also rough the first 1 or 2 years in the league (he's still kinda rough on some aspects of the game). He's not as physically gifted as Howard buy Vucevic basketball IQ is much higher.
I don't see him as a as a 20 / 12 guy, I see him more as a 15 / 15 (which I prefer more from a center)
He has the skills and the size to be the best rebounder in the league for many years to come.
Horcy
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,301
And1: 10
Joined: Apr 27, 2006
Location: Buenos Aires - Argentina - HORCAS RELOADED!!!
Top

Post#45 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 pm by BrettC03

I'd like to get a shot-blocking 4 to pair with him in the frontcourt. Like a Nerlens Noel.
BrettC03
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 17, 2012
Top

Post#46 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:27 pm by Orium

How about the clutchness Vuc has been showing late in games.. he's been cool as a cucumber under pressure.
Orium
Analyst
Posts: 3,527
And1: 132
Joined: Oct 8, 2003
Top

Post#47 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:27 pm by OrlandO

Vuc can score 20 if Vaughn wanted him to be a top offensive option. He has the skillset to do it, but there's no point rushing his development so quickly in his first year as a starter. Afflalo, Davis, Nelson and JJ all get the green light ahead of him. Vuc has his plate full with grabbing all those boards, scoring 10+ and learning how to defend more experienced players as he's only 22.
"If and when I reach my full potential, I think I will be better than everybody in this draft," Gordon said.
OrlandO
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 7,842
And1: 1,663
Joined: May 26, 2009
Top

Post#48 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:03 pm by Optimus_Steel

Orium wrote:How about the clutchness Vuc has been showing late in games.. he's been cool as a cucumber under pressure.



He just doesn't get rattled in late game situations. He feels comfortable taking important shots. You can't teach that.
aka: prorl
Image
Optimus_Steel



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,633
And1: 1,279
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Orlando, FL- home of the Magic and OC Lions!
Top

Post#49 Re: Vucevic is a stud
Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm by BadMofoPimp

Vuc played great late in the game. He hit that open shot after receiving that great pass from BBD down low. Then, he played great defense on Dirk to force that bad shot or may have gotten a finger on it. I was impressed. He always has that same demeaner.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 31,081
And1: 3,026
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Orlando Magic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 3ddman23, AddiFB, IllMagic04, lamp23, Mannchild, MellowRose, mhectorgato, NEM, pogiro, purpleswordfish, zuppafly