ImageImageImageImage

Vucevic is a stud

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

toofarjimmy
Sophomore
And1: 14

Re: Vucevic is a stud 

Post#41 » by toofarjimmy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 pm

I like what Vuc has done so far but I think he is being quite overrated. He has proved he is a very good rebounder and has a good understanding of the game for a young guy, but that is all. He is pretty weak defensively, gets lost on pick and rolls and gets outmuscled and outmanouvered. He has very little in the way of post moves, he gets basically all his points off put backs and open jump shots. I've read a lot of 'he'll be a 20 and 12 guy' but so far he has not shown he will be capable of scoring like that. Maybe it will come in time but we I won't assume he can score until I see him creating his own shot. Some people just aren't good scorers and never will be and that's okay. I think if he can put up 13 and 13 consistently and become a good defender we can be very very pleased.
Give Henny a chance
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#42 » by damo[23] » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 am

The man has been a great bright spot on the season.

I think he helped us keep our intensity up and let the fans still get excited despite us not having a great record.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#43 » by Hilltop » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:16 am

doct3r dr3 wrote:can't wait for tomorrow's obscure nba factoid of the dayâ„¢.

:lol:
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#44 » by Horcy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:25 pm

toofarjimmy wrote:I like what Vuc has done so far but I think he is being quite overrated. He has proved he is a very good rebounder and has a good understanding of the game for a young guy, but that is all. He is pretty weak defensively, gets lost on pick and rolls and gets outmuscled and outmanouvered. He has very little in the way of post moves, he gets basically all his points off put backs and open jump shots. I've read a lot of 'he'll be a 20 and 12 guy' but so far he has not shown he will be capable of scoring like that. Maybe it will come in time but we I won't assume he can score until I see him creating his own shot. Some people just aren't good scorers and never will be and that's okay. I think if he can put up 13 and 13 consistently and become a good defender we can be very very pleased.

Dude, he's only 22 years old. Howard was also rough the first 1 or 2 years in the league (he's still kinda rough on some aspects of the game). He's not as physically gifted as Howard buy Vucevic basketball IQ is much higher.
I don't see him as a as a 20 / 12 guy, I see him more as a 15 / 15 (which I prefer more from a center)
He has the skills and the size to be the best rebounder in the league for many years to come.
BrettC03
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#45 » by BrettC03 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:03 pm

I'd like to get a shot-blocking 4 to pair with him in the frontcourt. Like a Nerlens Noel.
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#46 » by Orium » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:27 am

How about the clutchness Vuc has been showing late in games.. he's been cool as a cucumber under pressure.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#47 » by OrlandO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:27 am

Vuc can score 20 if Vaughn wanted him to be a top offensive option. He has the skillset to do it, but there's no point rushing his development so quickly in his first year as a starter. Afflalo, Davis, Nelson and JJ all get the green light ahead of him. Vuc has his plate full with grabbing all those boards, scoring 10+ and learning how to defend more experienced players as he's only 22.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#48 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Orium wrote:How about the clutchness Vuc has been showing late in games.. he's been cool as a cucumber under pressure.

He just doesn't get rattled in late game situations. He feels comfortable taking important shots. You can't teach that.
aka: prorl
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#49 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Vuc played great late in the game. He hit that open shot after receiving that great pass from BBD down low. Then, he played great defense on Dirk to force that bad shot or may have gotten a finger on it. I was impressed. He always has that same demeaner.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic