ImageImageImageImage

season ticket holders, what say you on renewal?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

dsg2003mach1
Senior
And1: 458

season ticket holders, what say you on renewal? 

Post#1 » by dsg2003mach1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:18 pm

just curious what others are doing. How long have you been a season ticket holder and are you planning to renew next season?

We've had tickets since day 1 and at this point I really dont know... When you can buy tickets at the box office for $10 and still have a decent seat to watch a game the ticket holder discount is pretty much moot.

It just seems like the same old crap from this organization, every time theres been a change in higher ups you get the corporate BS line about how everything is being changed for the better and things will be better going forward. They still have a higher up in Alex Martins who has no other basketball experience than his time with the Magic, which was under a bunch of other guys with no basketball experience and I think that matters. Ive had a ton of good times going to games but it gets hard to justify forking over so much money every year and the ONLY times this franchise has EVER been competitive was when they could win the draft lottery.
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Re: season ticket holders, what say you on renewal? 

Post#2 » by Magicalltheway » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:04 pm

your title sounds Chinese.
ZeusIsLoose
Senior
And1: 234

Post#3 » by ZeusIsLoose » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:11 pm

I have the $250 season seats so yeah ill prob renew. too cheap to pass that up. Im a Magic fan but I am also a basetball fan. I just enjoy watching the game, win or lose (although it is tough watching so many losses.)
miami5800
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#4 » by miami5800 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Great question. I've also had tickets since Day one and have center court seats 10 rows up. I live out of town, so I actually only attend a few games and sell the rest. Obviously, I'm taking a beating this year on the sales. In the past I was able to break even. I'm leaning towards giving them up, but it's a tough decision after 25 years!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#5 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:28 pm

I took the year off and haven't been to a game. I am used to lower bowl and love the seats, but I may consider next season only if I can get 1st row upper bowl close to center court. I considered 2nd row for this season, but will only do 1st row because you have more leg room and I can lean on the railing in front of me with a great view of the court. They had a deal of $119 a month for 10 months payment plan, may do it this time.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#6 » by Viper1500 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:56 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I took the year off and haven't been to a game. I am used to lower bowl and love the seats, but I may consider next season only if I can get 1st row upper bowl close to center court. I considered 2nd row for this season, but will only do 1st row because you have more leg room and I can lean on the railing in front of me with a great view of the court. They had a deal of $119 a month for 10 months payment plan, may do it this time.

The glass annoys the hell out of me, you have a point on the leg room but it doesn't make up for it imo.

Anyway, I''m not a reason ticket holder, but get quite a few box seats and lower level due to my dads job. This year has been very quiet, it only gets loud for JJ.
darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#7 » by darthcheech2000 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:11 pm

WE WILL... BE RENEWING

5 dollars a seat, can't beat it.

Not to mention that i am still able to sell my big game tickets for 5 to 10 times more. I haven't used my own money to renew the last 4 years.
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#8 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:50 pm

Viper1500 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I took the year off and haven't been to a game. I am used to lower bowl and love the seats, but I may consider next season only if I can get 1st row upper bowl close to center court. I considered 2nd row for this season, but will only do 1st row because you have more leg room and I can lean on the railing in front of me with a great view of the court. They had a deal of $119 a month for 10 months payment plan, may do it this time.

The glass annoys the hell out of me, you have a point on the leg room but it doesn't make up for it imo.

Anyway, I''m not a reason ticket holder, but get quite a few box seats and lower level due to my dads job. This year has been very quiet, it only gets loud for JJ.

Jealous of your box seats!

Not sure what glass you are talking about, there is nothing between me and the court in the front row seats I usually get in 2nd row. Basically, I had section 103 season tickets lower bowl which is sort of corner of the court and I would get front row upper bowl around section 206 for playoffs just a section off of Center Court. So, if I can get front row of section 206 for the season, then I may just do it because I can lean on the rail and not deal with people in front of me. No glass, nothing. But, the view of the court from right there is excellent. I just love the comfortable lower bowl seats with the nice cup holders!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#9 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:58 pm

For the guys that go to games often, whats the best place to park?
aka: prorl
dsg2003mach1
Senior

Post#10 » by dsg2003mach1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Being a fan of basketball in general is part of it, I feel like Im letting go of that by dropping our tickets but then again most of the fun is having a team to root for when they actually have a chance of winning games. We've endured it before, its not fun

Maybe downgrading to $5 seats is an option to keep them and not care when we dont use them and drop the geico parking passes too.

As for the first row in the upper bowl, we sit in the second row (the top of that stupid glass thing at the bottom of the stairs cuts right through the middle of my vision in the isle seat so I cram in a few seats down), when people in the first row lean forward your head blocks a pretty big portion of the court for the person behind you if theyre an average size woman (granted if youre at mid court its that big of a deal, where we are it blocks most of the paint and basket area). Its an issue pretty often for my grandmother, we feel bad asking people to move but she cant see half the court
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#11 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:For the guys that go to games often, whats the best place to park?

Usually, I am heading down from work in Longwood, so I get off at Ivanhoe and take Orange Ave down. Thus, if I see a spot before Central, then it is free parking. Otherwise, I will turn right onto Central and go to the parking garage on the right which is only $5, which is across from the Bar n Grill, Ember. Thus, I can get me a few $2 happy hour bottles to drink before I head in. And, if you know downtown, that is just 3 or 4 blocks from the Arena. But, if I am coming from home, I turn onto Church street from Summerlin being I live near Boone HS and head towards Rosaline. Usually, I can find a free spot on Church before I get to Rosalin. Then, walk from there.

Naturally, the best parking is in the Geico parking and I have a friend who had Parking for the season (spent like a grand on that). Anyways, it was perfect as the walkway over to the arena has no line and puts us real close to our section. Those days are over though. I bet it is like a ghost town now, lol.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#12 » by magicmamma » Fri Feb 1, 2013 5:20 pm

Listen to BMP. I was ready to quit going to games the first year the Amway was open until he pointed out this parking site. It's a great buy.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,631

Post#13 » by Skin » Fri Feb 1, 2013 5:46 pm

Can't fault a fair weather fan for being smart with his money.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
deircr3
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#14 » by deircr3 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 5:55 pm

The first few years of the new arena I paid about $250 for some games in the legends suite for 2 people. This year Im paying about $180.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#15 » by Viper1500 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 5:55 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Jealous of your box seats!

Not sure what glass you are talking about, there is nothing between me and the court in the front row seats I usually get in 2nd row. Basically, I had section 103 season tickets lower bowl which is sort of corner of the court and I would get front row upper bowl around section 206 for playoffs just a section off of Center Court. So, if I can get front row of section 206 for the season, then I may just do it because I can lean on the rail and not deal with people in front of me. No glass, nothing. But, the view of the court from right there is excellent. I just love the comfortable lower bowl seats with the nice cup holders!

I must have it confused, my apologies. I went to a game where I wrongfully thought you were referring too, was horrendous due to the glass infront of me which appeared to not have been windex'd in ages.
dsg2003mach1
Senior

Post#16 » by dsg2003mach1 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 6:27 pm

Skin wrote:Can't fault a fair weather fan for being smart with his money.

GFY

theres a real big difference between fair weather fan and questioning supporting an organization with a history of gross incompetency at the ownership/executive level. You can still support the guys on the floor without pissing away money to ownership

This is the SAME organization that had a HOCKEY guy running a BASKETBALL team as well as a host of other execs with NO basketball experience outside of what they got with the Magic. Have you seen Stan's interview talking about how Martins, another NON basketball person, appears to have made the situation worse? What other organization do you know of thats let two likely hall of famers get away like this? The only "competitive" team the Magic ever put together that wasnt based off winning the draft lottery was with t-mac and they didnt hold that together either.

This is more of a question of do you support this organization through several more seasons of mediocrity, hoping they win the draft lottery again, hopefully theyre successful within a few years of that draft to see if they can maintain a championship caliber team for more than 1-2 seasons?

I commend the guys on the team for going out and playing hard every night when they dont have the roster they need to win games night in and night out. More than 20 years and 100k later for a product on the floor that will be lucky to win 25% this year.

That doesnt make you stop and think?
dsg2003mach1
Senior

Post#17 » by dsg2003mach1 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 6:29 pm

Viper1500 wrote:I must have it confused, my apologies. I went to a game where I wrongfully thought you were referring too, was horrendous due to the glass infront of me which appeared to not have been windex'd in ages.

:lol: we've resorted to pouring some water on napkins to clean it up on several occasions
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#18 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 1, 2013 7:03 pm

Where is this glass everyone keeps talking about???

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
dsg2003mach1
Senior

Post#19 » by dsg2003mach1 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 7:23 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Where is this glass everyone keeps talking about???

in the upper bowl, walk down a set of stairs to the railing, theres ~3' tall piece of glass/plastic so if you tumble down the stairs you dont fly over the rail.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,631

Post#20 » by Skin » Fri Feb 1, 2013 7:29 pm

dsg2003mach1 wrote:
Skin wrote:Can't fault a fair weather fan for being smart with his money.

GFY

theres a real big difference between fair weather fan and questioning supporting an organization with a history of gross incompetency at the ownership/executive level. You can still support the guys on the floor without pissing away money to ownership

This is the SAME organization that had a HOCKEY guy running a BASKETBALL team as well as a host of other execs with NO basketball experience outside of what they got with the Magic. Have you seen Stan's interview talking about how Martins, another NON basketball person, appears to have made the situation worse? What other organization do you know of thats let two likely hall of famers get away like this? The only "competitive" team the Magic ever put together that wasnt based off winning the draft lottery was with t-mac and they didnt hold that together either.

This is more of a question of do you support this organization through several more seasons of mediocrity, hoping they win the draft lottery again, hopefully theyre successful within a few years of that draft to see if they can maintain a championship caliber team for more than 1-2 seasons?

I commend the guys on the team for going out and playing hard every night when they dont have the roster they need to win games night in and night out. More than 20 years and 100k later for a product on the floor that will be lucky to win 25% this year.

That doesnt make you stop and think?

All legit. Just give up now and come back later.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!

Return to Orlando Magic