ImageImageImageImage

If the Magic get a top draft pick, who should they take?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Who should they take?

Nerlens Noel
21%
Ben McLemore
23%
Shabazz Muhammad
15%
Marcus Smart
28%
Cody Zeller
1%
Otto Porter
1%
Anthony Bennett
4%
Other
7%

Total votes: 137

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Re: If the Magic get a top draft pick, who should they take? 

Post#421 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:01 pm

I don't like how any of the top five guys have been playing lately. I mean, if they are truly going to be top 5 picks, then they shouldn't be outplayed by 2nd round players. Have to trade down for sure. I think there are some Mid to late round players that will be better than McLemore, Smart, Noel, Oladipo n company. There is just too much hype on these guys.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#422 » by nicnac215 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm

I hope the magic draft CJ McCollum. He is going to be a great player in the NBA.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#423 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 pm

nicnac215 wrote:I hope the magic draft CJ McCollum. He is going to be a great player in the NBA.

I second this one. Dude is good.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#424 » by drsd » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:22 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I think there are some Mid to late round players that will be better than McLemore, Smart, Noel, Oladipo n company.

Trade down!

Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#425 » by Joel Embust » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Burke will rise up the boards soon, I'd take him as high as 2nd behind Noel.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,097

Post#426 » by tiderulz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:13 pm

nicnac215 wrote:I hope the magic draft CJ McCollum. He is going to be a great player in the NBA.

i thought people wanted a passing PG? From all accounts, that isnt CJ.
T-Rob
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 58

Post#427 » by T-Rob » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:25 am

tiderulz wrote:

i thought people wanted a passing PG? From all accounts, that isnt CJ.

Even more important than passing this team needs penetration. CJ is pure offense really, I like him second to Smart though, CJ is better right now but I think Smart has the bigger upside.
silent1900
Rookie
And1: 338

Post#428 » by silent1900 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:09 am

You want passing? AND penetration?

Paging Mr. Larkin...Mr. Shaaaaaaane Larkin
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#429 » by fendilim » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:02 pm

mattATK217 wrote:
shadrock wrote:The more this thing goes on, the more i see us taking Oladipo, regardless of how high our pick is. For starters, Henny has said he wants athleticism on the wings, and Oladipo is as athletic as they come. Hes a hard worker, hes high energy, hes a great defender, and he seems to be learning fast! Add to this his recent strong showings in the tourney, and i dont see how anyone can put him below McLemore, who laid a big fat egg for Kansas today (0-9 shooting), and has known character issues. not to mention he is being heralded as the next ray allen, yet cant shoot off the dribble, WTF!

The thought of having Oladipo at the 2 and Hark at the 3 is soooooo exciting. Best wing defence in the league right there.

Smart just doesnt fit this teams direction. Hes no where near athletic enough, and just lacks in so many areas. Its gotta be either Oladipo, or if not, Noel.

This.

I really like Oladipo too, I know draft stocks can change a ton in the next few months, but I would love to see us draft this guy, he fits in with our team way better than Noel, and I'm not convinced Smart is the PG of the future that we need. But if we draft Oladipo then we have a SG of the future that will work his butt off every day. I honestly think his draft stock is going to go through the roof before draft day, and he may be a top 5 pick. Most of the top 10 picks haven't impressed in the tourny so far.

Plus, who isn't looking forward to the Magic announcer say Oladipo's name. :lol:

I dont see how fit is a problem here. Drafting the bpa should be a no brainer for our team. Anyone on this right now is expendable if we can draft someone who can end up better.

Return to Orlando Magic