ImageImageImageImage

Around The League(Playoffs Edition)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Re: Around The League(Playoffs Edition) 

Post#901 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:03 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:
Bensational wrote:
dsg2021 wrote:Yea, we will be there some day. I hope it's against the Heat too.

that's kind of impossible...

:lol:

I think he meant to say that on the way to the title we would beat Miami in the East playoffs.
aka: prorl
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#902 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:23 pm

ivDT wrote:the look on pop's face when he went to congratulate lebron and wade... has anyone ever seen him that happy?

Yes. I Actually saw Popovich much happier than last night on Four different occasions over the past decade or so.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#903 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:
Bensational wrote:
that's kind of impossible...

I think he meant to say that on the way to the title we would beat Miami in the East playoffs.

Maybe, after the Magic move to Seattle!?!?!?! :-o

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#904 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 pm

Doubt the Magic move, they've got a great place, MLS coming, it's a destination.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#905 » by ivDT » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:10 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
ivDT wrote:the look on pop's face when he went to congratulate lebron and wade... has anyone ever seen him that happy?

Yes. I Actually saw Popovich much happier than last night on Four different occasions over the past decade or so.

yeah, maybe.

it was just odd to see a guy who isn't exactly known for his smile with such a happy expression on his face, especially given the context. you didn't see tony, tim or manu with any smiles on their faces.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#906 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:32 am

Chandler Parsons with the hard sell on Dwight:

Chandler Parsons has been recruiting Dwight Howard to sign with the Houston Rockets.

“I talk to Dwight every day,” Parsons said. “I’ve created a relationship with him where I feel like we’re very close. He hits me up about everything. I’ve covered pretty much every question he’s had. I basically tell him ‘We have a chance to be really good without you next year. We’re going to have a good season. Why not come and join us, join our core guys that are for sure be here and make great, make us contend for a championship?’

“That’s the main point I’ve got from talking to him. He wants to win. He wants to win rings. It’s obvious there is no better fit, no better team or opportunity to do that than with us.”

Parsons sent Howard a text after watching the Miami Heat celebrate their NBA championship win over the Spurs.

“After watching that last night,” Parsons said, “I hit him with, ‘Come to Houston. That could be us.’ “
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#907 » by cedric76 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:38 am

rcklsscognition wrote:Chandler Parsons with the hard sell on Dwight:

Chandler Parsons has been recruiting Dwight Howard to sign with the Houston Rockets.

“I talk to Dwight every day,” Parsons said. “I’ve created a relationship with him where I feel like we’re very close. He hits me up about everything. I’ve covered pretty much every question he’s had. I basically tell him ‘We have a chance to be really good without you next year. We’re going to have a good season. Why not come and join us, join our core guys that are for sure be here and make great, make us contend for a championship?’

“That’s the main point I’ve got from talking to him. He wants to win. He wants to win rings. It’s obvious there is no better fit, no better team or opportunity to do that than with us.”

Parsons sent Howard a text after watching the Miami Heat celebrate their NBA championship win over the Spurs.

“After watching that last night,” Parsons said, “I hit him with, ‘Come to Houston. That could be us.’ “

He ll sign to hou so hopefully we can get t rob :-)

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,026

Post#908 » by dsg2021 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:37 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:

Maybe, after the Magic move to Seattle!?!?!?! :-o

Maybe I meant when the Magic go for 2 for 2 (or more) in beating a LeBron James led team in the ECF.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#909 » by KillMonger » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Since the playoffs is over i guess this will be the thread to go to for other teams content anyway here is the pre-draft workout the kings held the 21st

Prospects: Archie Goodwin, Ian Hummer, Nick Minnerath, Mike Muscala and Khalif Wyatt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYm4N_6Urbw
BelgianMagic
Head Coach
And1: 130

Post#910 » by BelgianMagic » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:01 pm

I still don't like LeBron, but this gif is pretty nice :D

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/lebron3.gif
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#911 » by Bensational » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 am

Bobby Ray wrote:Since the playoffs is over i guess this will be the thread to go to for other teams content anyway here is the pre-draft workout the kings held the 21st

Prospects: Archie Goodwin, Ian Hummer, Nick Minnerath, Mike Muscala and Khalif Wyatt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYm4N_6Urbw

Mike Muscala looks legit. Great offensive arsenal for a big man. I'd love him as a back up big, especially if we can land him for a late first/early 2nd.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#912 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:15 pm

Its pretty sad that a rookie on a rookie contract is publicly campaigning for Dwight and Dwight being a player of his stature couldn't do the same for us when he was here, other than Matt "30 teams" Barnes. Then again, Dwight doesn't have many friends lol.
aka: prorl
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#913 » by cedric76 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:

Its pretty sad that a rookie on a rookie contract is publicly campaigning for Dwight and Dwight being a player of his stature couldn't do the same for us when he was here, other than Matt "30 teams" Barnes. Then again, Dwight doesn't have many friends lol.

No friends by many kids

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#914 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:49 pm

What a bunch of idiots, who came up with this plan and route?

http://deadspin.com/lebron-nearly-behea ... -563898306
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#915 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Oct 1, 2013 5:20 pm

Bringing this back up with new news. Westbrook will miss 4-6 weeks of the season after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right knee because of a loose stitch that caused swelling.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#916 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Oct 1, 2013 5:27 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:

You don't understand. Here was someone reaching out to be Dwights friend. Now, Dwight actually has a friend! :D

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#917 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Oct 5, 2013 11:51 pm

Can't believe I'm watching basketball again. Pacers/Bulls. D Rose looks comfortable and Granger looks in good health.

Return to Orlando Magic