ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt.LI "Trade Deadline" Edition)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,094

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt.LI "Trade Deadline" Edit 

Post#1201 » by tiderulz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:56 pm

NEM wrote:What do you guys think of a Humphries and brooks trade for our tpe this summer? Adds another cheap, young piece and humphries is expiring in 2014. That's what I see hennigan doing with that tpe or at least trying to do. Either brooks or a first rounder and taylor

want no piece of Hump or Brooks. I would take Taylor though.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#1202 » by Def Swami » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:58 pm

I like the 2015 free agency class more for us. I would like to see us nab either LaMarcus Aldridge or Kevin Love then.

2015 Orlando Magic
Smart/Moore
Wiggins/Jones/Lamb
Harkless/Harris
Aldridge/Nicholson
Vucevic/O'Quinn
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,094

Post#1203 » by tiderulz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:05 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
Zmill wrote:Who escapes the cellar first? The Bobcats or the Magic?

Both have rookie head coaches. Both have GM's from successful drafting teams. The Bobcats probably have slightly better prospects at this point (based on how they've played thus far in their NBA career it probably goes Vuc > Kemba > MKG > Biyombo > Nicholson > Harkless) . Both will probably have a top 2 pick this yr. Both have owners willing to blow money. We have better vets (not sure if that helps or hurts the tanking process).

The race of the tank?

Not sure if those were rankings of the players?
Let's see, if you put all the rookies and 2nd year players from these two teams and did a draft, I would pick them in this order:
MKG
Kemba
Vuc
Nicholson
Harkless
Biymbo
Harris
Jeff Taylor

Not drafted
Jones
O'Quinn

Head to head
MKG > Harkless
Nicholson > Biymbo
Taylor > Jones

Not a big believer in MKG just yet. I think that Vuc is outplaying most if not all players on that list.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#1204 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Zmill wrote:
IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:
Edit: to above post^^: I was trying to rank the players based on what they've shown thus far but it got kinda hard with certain guys who have shown so little. I consider myself a Kemba fan, but in the long run would you really want him over Vuc?

The 1st three are really close between Kemba, MKG and Vuc.
As much as I like Vuc, his numbers to me are the easiest to replace.
Yeah he is auto double double, but I'm not sure how much better he is going to get. He is pretty polished on offense, just lacks any dynamic physical attributes IMO. He may wined up being a better 4 than 5 because of his outside shooting. He doesn't finish via dunk enough for me.

Kemba is having a pretty decent year with not much talent around him, plus I have a premium on the PG position.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#1205 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:14 pm

tiderulz wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:
Zmill wrote:Who escapes the cellar first? The Bobcats or the Magic?

Both have rookie head coaches. Both have GM's from successful drafting teams. The Bobcats probably have slightly better prospects at this point (based on how they've played thus far in their NBA career it probably goes Vuc > Kemba > MKG > Biyombo > Nicholson > Harkless) . Both will probably have a top 2 pick this yr. Both have owners willing to blow money. We have better vets (not sure if that helps or hurts the tanking process).

The race of the tank?

Not sure if those were rankings of the players?
Let's see, if you put all the rookies and 2nd year players from these two teams and did a draft, I would pick them in this order:
MKG
Kemba
Vuc
Nicholson
Harkless
Biymbo
Harris
Jeff Taylor

Not drafted
Jones
O'Quinn

Head to head
MKG > Harkless
Nicholson > Biymbo
Taylor > Jones

Not a big believer in MKG just yet. I think that Vuc is outplaying most if not all players on that list.

I know what you mean, I think he has a high ceiling, but could also flatten out and be Arriza 2.0
Ballah
Bench Warmer
And1: 573

Post#1206 » by Ballah » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 pm

I still don't get what we gained in trading mcbob, that trade makes no sense at all.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#1207 » by Noonskadoodle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Ballah wrote:I still don't get what we gained in trading mcbob, that trade makes no sense at all.

Extends the TPE.

Does it really matter though? McRoberts & Warrick are non factors for us moving forward.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,132

Post#1208 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Ballah wrote:I still don't get what we gained in trading mcbob, that trade makes no sense at all.

Rob extended the expiration date of the TPE from the Ryan Anderson trade. They weren't traded straight up, they were moved in separate trades, each for a TPE. Very clever.
aka: prorl
Tayswagzzz
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#1209 » by Tayswagzzz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:26 pm

I'm assuming the large TPE you all are talking about is the one from Howard? When does that expire?
Orlando Magic | Atlanta Braves | Florida State
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#1210 » by OrlDave » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 pm

You may of missed it, but that trade extends our TPE through the summer. Plus there was some talk of Josh being unhappy with minutes, so it may be an addition by subtraction thing. Get a whiner out of the locker room, free up minutes for O'Quinn and Harris at the 4 and extend the TPE.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,132

Post#1211 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:35 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
Zmill wrote:
IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:
Edit: to above post^^: I was trying to rank the players based on what they've shown thus far but it got kinda hard with certain guys who have shown so little. I consider myself a Kemba fan, but in the long run would you really want him over Vuc?

The 1st three are really close between Kemba, MKG and Vuc.
As much as I like Vuc, his numbers to me are the easiest to replace.
Yeah he is auto double double, but I'm not sure how much better he is going to get. He is pretty polished on offense, just lacks any dynamic physical attributes IMO. He may wined up being a better 4 than 5 because of his outside shooting. He doesn't finish via dunk enough for me.

Kemba is having a pretty decent year with not much talent around him, plus I have a premium on the PG position.

IDK about you but I think Vuc is gonna be an Allstar eventually. He is a cornerstone piece for us.
aka: prorl
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#1212 » by KingRobb02 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:38 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Not a big believer in MKG just yet. I think that Vuc is outplaying most if not all players on that list.

I know what you mean, I think he has a high ceiling, but could also flatten out and be Arriza 2.0

The best part of MKG is hat he knows he can't shoot, so he doesn't.

For today:
Vucevic>>Kemba>>MKG>Harkless>Nicholson>O'Quinn
I actually think that the MKG, Harkless, Drew cluster is too jumbled to pick a clear winner right now but I think MKG has the edge for today.

As far as futures, I would say:
O'Quinn>Vucevic>Kemba>Moe=Nicholson>MKG>>Biyambo

I rate Kyle so highly because his per minute numbers have been best by far and he actually blocks shots (4.9% this year compared to Dwight's career 4.5%). I just see him as a guy who will last 10 years in the league no matter what.
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#1213 » by Versubio » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:38 pm

[/quote]

IDK about you but I think Vuc is gonna be an Allstar eventually. He is a cornerstone piece for us.[/quote]

I totally agree. Vucevic is a keeper, he has a very high ceiling in my opinion. He already is among the best centers in the NBA.
ZeusIsLoose
Senior
And1: 234

Post#1214 » by ZeusIsLoose » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:46 pm

IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:

IDK about you but I think Vuc is gonna be an Allstar eventually. He is a cornerstone piece for us.

Vuc needs to beef up and get better defensively. He does get pushed around a lot when defending one on one.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#1215 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Optimus, I hope you are right about Vuc, I'll gladly be wrong.

Robb02,
I gave the nod to the younger players Vs. O'Quinn (23yrs old vs.20), he played 4 years, while starting 3 of them in college.
Is he going to be any more than he is right now?? I'm a bit jadded on him right now, because one of the things from the Dallas game the other night still in my head is seeing Elton F*ing Brand blow by him. I don't think that should ever happen.
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#1216 » by CraZyPraiZ » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:01 pm

I am really looking forward to watching this team develop. We have some nice young pieces and I can see Tobias and Lamb really contributing. I did not realize that is was the kid from Kentucky a couple of years ago. The kid can play so let's see what he can do if given time.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#1217 » by OrlDave » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:01 pm

In case you missed Henny's press con. Apparently the deal was literally made at 2:56.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuhffAxxa-E[/youtube]
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#1218 » by KingRobb02 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:06 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:Optimus, I hope you are right about Vuc, I'll gladly be wrong.

Robb02,
I gave the nod to the younger players Vs. O'Quinn (23yrs old vs.20), he played 4 years, while starting 3 of them in college.
Is he going to be any more than he is right now?? I'm a bit jadded on him right now, because one of the things from the Dallas game the other night still in my head is seeing Elton F*ing Brand blow by him. I don't think that should ever happen.

I just look at O'Quinn and see one of those guys who will be 34 years old. Still doing the same stuff while fans are mad that their team signed him to a veteran's minimum deal instead of splurging on some overrated underrated guy. Like when people were mad we didn't go after Chris Richard. I feel like we know what he will be and that's a big man to block shots, grab rebound and stay active. That skill set sticks around.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#1219 » by KingRobb02 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Wages of Wins: Winners and losers at the deadline
Losers

Orlando Magic

Things are rotten in the Magic kingdom. Using the simplest of methods (again, only using this season’s numbers and not accounting for minute allocation, positions played, depth charts, etc), the Magic suffered the largest swing in wins at the trade deadline. They traded away the most productive player in the day’s deals (J.J. Redick), and sent him away with two normally productive and currently underused big men (Gustavo Ayon and Josh McRoberts). In return, they recieved Doron Lamb and Hakim Warrick, who rank 9th and 16th in losses produced this season (that’s bad). They added salary for this season and saved practically nothing in the long run. At least they didn’t trade away Vucevic.

The worst part is that someone in the comments pointed out that we essentially turned Ryan Anderson into Beno Udrih. That kind of made me sad.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#1220 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:10 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:I am really looking forward to watching this team develop. We have some nice young pieces and I can see Tobias and Lamb really contributing. I did not realize that is was the kid from Kentucky a couple of years ago. The kid can play so let's see what he can do if given time.

It will be tough. I may not have patience to watch many games anymore, but it is not because of JJ leaving. Thats for sure. I just won't sit around for years if this team becomes the next Bobcats.

But, I will have fun watching again if these young players actually improve and the team starts winning games.

I just can't watch anymore of these blowouts anymore. I only watch the 3rd quarters now to see how they are doing and once the other team goes on that run to start the 4th, I gotta stop watching or get real pissed off.

If the Magic are truly going on a rebuild, need to move Meer and Afflalo. Preferably Meer, because that dude is always injured.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic