ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt.LI "Trade Deadline" Edition)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt.LI "Trade Deadline" Edit 

Post#81 » by arsenal6106 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:36 pm

MagicTownBaller wrote:I'll update the stats when I come home arsenal.

No problem man. Take your time.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#82 » by SmiteaDwight » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:41 pm

i want more than mbah a moute.

JJ's is more valuable than that
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#83 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Most Bucks fan, including myself, are thinking we're insane to give up Moute AND a 1st. I would be fine with doing a Moute for Redick swap. I am not high on trading away our 1st rd pick. I would also part with Udoh. I don't want to part with Henson at all.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#84 » by magicman123 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:56 pm

the 1st round pick would be nice, but i dont want mbah a mouty
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#85 » by MasterGMer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:01 am

Exactly. The Mout kid doesnt sound sexy. But I prefer a first round next year since next years draft will be a lot better.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,094

Post#86 » by tiderulz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:04 am

N8Frog wrote:Most Bucks fan, including myself, are thinking we're insane to give up Moute AND a 1st. I would be fine with doing a Moute for Redick swap. I am not high on trading away our 1st rd pick. I would also part with Udoh. I don't want to part with Henson at all.

well, Moute alone for Redick would be a steal for Milwaukee. JJ can easily be a starting player. Not a star but easily starter caliber, the same is not said for Moute.
SmiteaDwight
Banned User

Post#87 » by SmiteaDwight » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 am

N8Frog wrote:Most Bucks fan, including myself, are thinking we're insane to give up Moute AND a 1st. I would be fine with doing a Moute for Redick swap. I am not high on trading away our 1st rd pick. I would also part with Udoh. I don't want to part with Henson at all.

Tell me why JJ for Luc is fair straight up
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#88 » by arkknight1988 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:08 am

Moute is 26 years old already. Bucks fans think he is a rising star or something
pogiro
Rookie
And1: 512

Post#89 » by pogiro » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 am

I wouldn't want to part with Henson either, but the Magic aren't just going to take parts that you want to get rid of for J.J. If you want a player that you plan to plug in as your starting SG, then you gotta give up something the Magic want. I'm not Hennigan, but I doubt Mbah a Moute is the target.
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#90 » by InFlames » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 am

Of course you would be fine with that, it would be robbery for you guys.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#91 » by OrlandO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:11 am

pogiro wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Redick on February 18:
``As far as I know, with the two conversations that I’ve had with Rob, and with Rob and Arn (his agent) talking, both sides are open to continuing this relationship,’’ Redick said. ``I think that’s the best way to put it, but this is a business and they have to make the best decision for them.’’

Not sure why people insist he's more likely to leave than stay. All season he's made it sounds like he's happy here and it's basically up to Henny. I don't think JJ is the type of player that would lie about staying here. And if JJ's willing to stay, Henny would have to receive a crazy return to trade him this season instead of a year from now when JJ is more valuable in a locked contract.

I like how some of you guys harp on J.J. saying he'd like to stay in Orlando, and then turn around say "we can trade him when he's more valuable", heh.

I don't think anyone is talking about his likelihood to leave. At least I'm not. But if we were to bring him back, how much would he be paid? On top of that, what's the vision? J.J.'s not exactly a franchise player. He's not someone you build a team around. He's not irreplaceable. And the guy's 28. Realistically, how old will he be once we're in contention? The guys that want to keep him, just answer me, why? Don't you think J.J. is better served on a contender? Or do you want him to waste his prime in a rebuilding process? Don't you think the Magic are better served with a draft pick and/or a younger player with more promise? Talk about veteran leadership all you want. You can always sign veteran leadership in free agency. But we need to focus on bringing in potential stars via draft picks and youth. We lost our cornerstone, we need to find another. If trading J.J. improves our chances in doing so, do it.

You must not read these spec threads often... Many have insisted all season that we must trade him because he is likely to leave us for a contender if we don't. And don't get it twisted. I actually want him to stay here through his next contract, unless we draft a player at his position that instantly produces, of course. I was speaking more from a GM perspective in terms of the flexibility involved with keeping JJ as opposed to cashing him in early for a rare opportunity at turning nothing into something. If Henny brings a player like JJ back, he is likely not just thinking of him as a solid player to keep on the team, but also as a solid asset that could be used IF the right deal presents itself in the future.

There is plenty of value in keeping JJ in Orlando, too. Why are you so focused on his age? He is not a player that requires athleticism to stay relevant in his thirties. He is more like a Ray Allen type player - work ethic, skillset and style of play. If Henny is a good GM, he probably believes we'll be back in the playoffs within 2 years of the rebuilding process. JJ will be 30, which is not bad at all. There are plenty of SGs who play at a high level well into their mid 30s.
SmiteaDwight
Banned User

Post#92 » by SmiteaDwight » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:
Orlando Prodigy wrote:I'm warming up to the trade a bit. If the Bucks' pick stays at 15, that gives us three possibilities come draft night for our two picks.

1.) Ben McLemore/Trey Burke
2.) Shabazz Muhammad/Trey Burke
3.) Marcus Smart/Victor Oladipo

I'd be fine with any of those.

Great hauls. And Luc is a good player off the bench. I'm warming up to it too.

Plus I love that the Bucks fans hate it. It'll give me 3 teams to root for for the 2nd half of the season. Anyone playing us, the Lakers, and Bucks.

what makes you think our second pick will be high enough to get Burke?
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#93 » by fendilim » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:18 am

Wtf
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#94 » by MasterGMer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:20 am

Is Henson even possible to be included in this deal?
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#95 » by Def Swami » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:21 am

MasterGMer wrote:Is Henson even possible to be included in this deal?

Highly doubt it.
pogiro
Rookie

Post#96 » by pogiro » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:22 am

OrlandO wrote:You must not read these spec threads often... Many have insisted all season that we must trade him because he is likely to leave us for a contender if we don't. And don't get it twisted. I actually want him to stay here through his next contract, unless we draft a player at his position that instantly produces, of course. I was speaking more from a GM perspective in terms of the flexibility involved with keeping JJ as opposed to cashing him in early for a rare opportunity at turning nothing into something. If Henny brings a player like JJ back, he is likely not just thinking of him as a solid player to keep on the team, but also as a solid asset that could be used IF the right deal presents itself in the future.

There is plenty of value in keeping JJ in Orlando, too. Why are you so focused on his age? He is not a player that requires athleticism to stay relevant in his thirties. He is more like a Ray Allen type player - work ethic, skillset and style of play. If Henny is a good GM, he probably believes we'll be back in the playoffs within 2 years of the rebuilding process. JJ will be 30, which is not bad at all. There are plenty of SGs who play at a high level well into their mid 30s.

I read it a good amount, I just don't see it happening in this discussion right now. But as for speaking from the GM's persepective... that's exactly why I think there's a good possibility J.J. could sign elsewhere when it comes down to choosing to return to a roster in transition or go somewhere that has him in their long-term plans. We see that Hennigan can use his value as a trade asset if he re-signs. J.J.'s going to see that, too.

I know J.J.'s not based on athleticism, but there's still a shelf-life. Sure, playoffs maybe in 2 years, at best. But how about true championship contention, at the level or potential suitors like the Clippers and Bulls? That's probably not going to happen until J.J.'s 34ish.

I still ask the question... let go of the loyalty talk and talk smart. What's the smarter way to go for Orlando? Re-signing J.J. or go for a lottery pick or young promising players? What's the smarter way to go for J.J.? Come back to Orlando or sign with a contender? In my opinion, the answer to both has J.J. out of Orlando. Trade him.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#97 » by OrlandO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 am

pogiro wrote:What's the smarter way to go for Orlando? Re-signing J.J. or go for a lottery pick or young promising players? What's the smarter way to go for J.J.? Come back to Orlando or sign with a contender? In my opinion, the answer to both has J.J. out of Orlando. Trade him.

What makes you think we can get a lottery pick if we trade him this week? What contender can give us a lotto pick or high quality young player that doesn't already have their SG position filled? JJ is an expiring and he is not leaving here to go to some crappy to average team, especially if it's not in a big city. I see you mentioned a Bucks trade. Do you really think JJ wants to play in Milwaukee? Do you think his wife would be happy there? I doubt he would give them the assurance that he would stay there. Our options are limited.
bucknz
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#98 » by bucknz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:42 am

Orlando gets a first rnd if reddick agrees to sign with the bucks up till 2016 season when the franchise moves to Las Vegas! :D
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,068

Post#99 » by bigdogdylan5 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:44 am

wow it is pretty obvious if you are watching the game right now that Jameer and Affalo have hung it up they know its pointless and its annoying trade their asses please
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
pogiro
Rookie

Post#100 » by pogiro » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:45 am

OrlandO wrote:What makes you think we can get a lottery pick if we trade him this week? What contender can give us a lotto pick or high quality young player that doesn't already have their SG position filled? JJ is an expiring and he is not leaving here to go to some crappy to average team, especially if it's not in a big city. I see you mentioned a Bucks trade. Do you really think JJ wants to play in Milwaukee? Do you think his wife would be happy there? I doubt he would give them the assurance that he would stay there.

? Well we're speculating on several rumors. Shumpert form the Knicks, and a trade involving a 1st round pick from Milwaukee. I've seen other scenarios involving Chicago trading Butler, Clippers and Bledsoe. It's all speculation.

And whether J.J. stays in Milwaukee is not my concern. If he wants to leave, he can leave. But at least we trade him when he has the ability to go somewhere he actually wants. Rather than us signing him, and us trading him somewhere he may not care to be, and him end up stuck there. But I already went through this in an earlier discussion, I think you're simplifying it a little too much implying J.J. doesn't want to stay in Milwaukee. They've got a decent roster shaping up over there.

Return to Orlando Magic