ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt.LI "Trade Deadline" Edition)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 225

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt.LI "Trade Deadline" Edit 

Post#1246 » by Bo Outlaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:32 pm

OrlDave wrote:
glennathan wrote:“@Andrew_Melnick: Last time Orlando played Memphis, they started Daniel Orton, Earl Clark, Hedo Turkoglu, Von Wafer and Chris Duhon.”

Wow... Trade killed our depth lol

Tonight we start Moore, Afflalo, Harkless, Nicholson, Vucevic

Wow, what the crap happened last year that we had to start that horrific lineup. I mean, no Jameer, JJ, Dwight, BBD, or either Richardson? That's just crazy bad.

QRich,JRich,Redick,Nelson,Ryno all sat out to rest for the last game of the season. Big Baby was resting an injury. Dwight was obviously out.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#1247 » by OrlDave » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Bo Outlaw wrote:
OrlDave wrote:
glennathan wrote:“@Andrew_Melnick: Last time Orlando played Memphis, they started Daniel Orton, Earl Clark, Hedo Turkoglu, Von Wafer and Chris Duhon.”

Wow... Trade killed our depth lol

Tonight we start Moore, Afflalo, Harkless, Nicholson, Vucevic

Wow, what the crap happened last year that we had to start that horrific lineup. I mean, no Jameer, JJ, Dwight, BBD, or either Richardson? That's just crazy bad.

QRich,JRich,Redick,Nelson,Ryno all sat out to rest for the last game of the season. Big Baby was resting an injury. Dwight was obviously out.

Thanks, now that you mention it I think I remember that. I must have blocked it from my memory.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1248 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:49 pm

arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#1249 » by arsenal6106 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:12 pm

OrlandO wrote:Image

your new avatar
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#1250 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:24 pm

I thought Brian from OS asked a good question about why Henny moved two guys (Ryan and JJ) that seemed like they fit exactly what Henny was looking for. Henny said, well, it's a business, and I think we've got those guys on our roster now. He said we might have a future star on the roster right now.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#1251 » by drsd » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:25 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:I thought Brian from OS asked a good question about why Henny moved two guys (Ryan and JJ) that seemed like they fit exactly what Henny was looking for. Henny said, well, it's a business, and I think we've got those guys on our roster now. He said we might have a future star on the roster right now.

GM Hennigan clearly values youth.

rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#1252 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:28 pm

It really came across that he and his team are really into moneyball.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#1253 » by MagicHolland » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 pm

drsd wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:I thought Brian from OS asked a good question about why Henny moved two guys (Ryan and JJ) that seemed like they fit exactly what Henny was looking for. Henny said, well, it's a business, and I think we've got those guys on our roster now. He said we might have a future star on the roster right now.

And capspace..
blue and white
Bench Warmer
And1: 57

Post#1254 » by blue and white » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 pm

MagicHolland wrote:
drsd wrote:

And capspace..

Well at least now we are certain of some things hes good at.
1. great at trading away our best players
2. putting a terrible team together on purpose
3. has good vision with young players
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#1255 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:40 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:It really came across that he and his team are really into moneyball.

I don't think so yet. Because, outside of Vucevic, Moore & Nicholson, all the youth he has gathered are horrible percentage guys as far as efficiency.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#1256 » by Noonskadoodle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 pm

^^^ all 3 key in a rebuilding stage.

I'm just anxious to see once this team starts becoming relevant again how he tinkers with the roster to put us over the top.

Bright future.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#1257 » by Horcy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
I got a feeling that wont happen. Rob and his team know what they are doing. They have a good plan and a good eye.

I got the same feeling. It's kinda obvious that Rob have acquired warrick and udrih because they have expiring contracts (warrick has a team option) but there's also a reason why he chose Tobias Harris. That's intriguing. he desperately wanted to acquire Vucevic and he turned into a beast :D
Tayswagzzz
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#1258 » by Tayswagzzz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Horcy wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
I got a feeling that wont happen. Rob and his team know what they are doing. They have a good plan and a good eye.

I got the same feeling. It's kinda obvious that Rob have acquired warrick and udrih because they have expiring contracts (warrick has a team option) but there's also a reason why he chose Tobias Harris. That's intriguing. he desperately wanted to acquire Vucevic and he turned into a beast :D

He really wanted Harkless and that's turned out great too..Harkless has all-star potential imo
Orlando Magic | Atlanta Braves | Florida State
recko321
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#1259 » by recko321 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Soooooooo what happens now, draft seems forever away :cry:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#1260 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Even if only Nicholson, Vucevic and Moore survive to be the next Dwight/JJ/Meer, then I will be fine if the rest don't pan out because it would be easy to fill in the gaps with next years pick and Free Agency.

This team will be fine regardless of any other Henny blunders because it is impossible to be an infallible GM. This team should at the very least be a playoff team unless the 1st round pick fails like Darko or Miles and the Free Agents turn out like Ben Gordon or Charlie V!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#1261 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:03 pm

recko321 wrote:Soooooooo what happens now, draft seems forever away :cry:

get these young guys ready for Summer League!!!
j/k...kind of.
the worst part of this, is Harris and Lamb have to learn the system outside of camp.
Beno has been on a few teams now, I'm sure he'll pick up quicker. Also having played in S.A., he and Vaughn probably can relate the system easier.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#1262 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:It really came across that he and his team are really into moneyball.

I don't think so yet. Because, outside of Vucevic, Moore & Nicholson, all the youth he has gathered are horrible percentage guys as far as efficiency.

I think it's really hard to gauge people as young as we have so early. Will be interested when he assembles his playoff team what they do with money. It seems the goal will be no middle class players. A superstar or two, and a bunch of cheap contracts that produce.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#1263 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:25 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I think it's really hard to gauge people as young as we have so early. Will be interested when he assembles his playoff team what they do with money. It seems the goal will be no middle class players. A superstar or two, and a bunch of cheap contracts that produce.

I keep wondering why everyone is including Moore, I just looked him up, I thought he was a 3rd year player, not 2nd year. I am a bit more impressed with him now. This year was his 1st year of having a camp, had to learn 2 positions, pretty impressed.
Swiftraven
Senior
And1: 124

Post#1264 » by Swiftraven » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Can anyone sum up Chad Fords Orlando draft preview/ He just posted it on twitter, but it is insider of course.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,607

Post#1265 » by RookieStar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:30 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
recko321 wrote:Soooooooo what happens now, draft seems forever away :cry:

get these young guys ready for Summer League!!!
j/k...kind of.
the worst part of this, is Harris and Lamb have to learn the system outside of camp.
Beno has been on a few teams now, I'm sure he'll pick up quicker. Also having played in S.A., he and Vaughn probably can relate the system easier.

Henny had stints in SA too right? Anyone here can research on their history together?

Return to Orlando Magic