ImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Clay Redick wants $40,000,000.00

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Re: Redick just killed the Magic's trade leverage 

Post#16 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Talk about knee-jerk reaction.

JJ knows he is probably worth 7-8mill annually. If he starts his negotiations around the 10 mill range he likely will get what he deserves eventually (7-8 mill). Seems like a simple agent negotiation tactic to me.

What leverage did we have anyways? JJ is an UFA.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: Jonathan Clay wants $40,000,000.00 

Post#17 » by OrlandO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 pm

drsd wrote:
OrlandO wrote:No team is giving him 10 million and he's getting more than 5 million from any team interested... could be standard negotiation tactics, a random executive or agent making assumptions, or a potential suitor trying to eliminate competition...

Yes. But what will this do to the trade opportunities for Orlando? This request from Redick's agent basically reminds in public that Jonathan Clay will be a free agent, and thus there is no real reason to rent this guy for 25 games.

It reminds fans he's a free agent, which means nothing... teams don't need a reminder as it's their job to always consider something like that. And I don't think teams were looking to trade for him with the idea of renting him in the first place. Only a few teams would have that luxury in knowing JJ would likely want to stay without actually saying so - like chicago or ny. Most teams would need verbal commitment from Redick before pulling the trigger. Our options have always been very limited imo. That's why I don't believe there's mutual interest for teams like the Bucks.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#18 » by mhectorgato » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Zmill wrote:Talk about knee-jerk reaction.

JJ knows he is probably worth 7-8mill annually. If he starts his negotiations around the 10 mill range he likely will get what he deserves eventually (7-8 mill). Seems like a simple agent negotiation tactic to me.

What leverage did we have anyways? JJ is an UFA.

In another words "Don't hate the player ..."
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,331

Post#19 » by MagicMadness » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:11 pm

$10Mil per is too steep for the team we've got and the direction we're headed in. There might be a team out there that looks at Redick as the piece that puts them over the top, so maybe he commands that amount elsewhere.

But if we can get him at around 4yrs/30mil, I think it's worth it.
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#20 » by Javanar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:55 pm

This is the last big contract Redick can make as a basketball player, so he will look for money. This is the simple fact.

We do not need a sixth man with 8-10 million contract in the next 3 years. We should be ready to get benefit from trades, sign free agents and develop young talents. In other words we need cap flexibility, draft picks and room for young players.

As a result he should be traded, and probably he will be. I hope we get a mid-to-high 1st round unprotected draft pick in return for him.
I am not a native English speaker...
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Re: Jonathan Clay Redick wants $40,000,000.00 

Post#21 » by drsd » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:17 am

Redick took issue with a Yahoo! Sports report that said his agent, Arn Tellem, would seek to secure a $10 million annual salary when Redick becomes an unrestricted free agent in July.

O-Sen LINK on Redick's last 15 hours in Orlando

We will miss you!

Nashty
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#22 » by Nashty » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:29 pm

JJ deserves to get paid! I remember his early years and everyone in the media and fans were making fun of him and calling him a bust. Now he's beasting and hitting 3s like nothing. He's proved all the haters wrong and deserves the big pay day now.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,588

Post#23 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:46 pm

drsd wrote:
Redick took issue with a Yahoo! Sports report that said his agent, Arn Tellem, would seek to secure a $10 million annual salary when Redick becomes an unrestricted free agent in July.

O-Sen LINK on Redick's next 15 hours in Orlando

Welcome Back!

FIXED!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic