ImageImageImageImage

The Tobias Harris Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Re: The Tobias Harris Thread 

Post#741 » by Neon1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:41 pm

G-Heel wrote:
Potterman wrote:I think the focal point should be is that both players have time. Harris, has next offseason, Harkless has 2 to improve dramatically.

Both are impressive prospects but not game changers yet. Both also seem to be able to make an impact on offense and defense respectively. This could be interesting to see how they develop next year with a high draft pick player next to them.

I am hoping for a SG in the draft, if not the best PG will do and try moving Harkless to SG.

PF - AN
SF - TH
C - V
SG - MH
PG - Draft

Or

PF - TH
SF - MH
C - V
SG - Draft
PG - Jameer (?)

I think another big key is our starting center needs to get a lot better at protecting the paint so our young energic wings can protect the perimeter.

I'm calling it now. If we start either Harris or Nich at PF, we'd never get to the finals.

NEVER. EVER. NEVER. Not unless you have The ghost of Wilt/Dikembe/Bill Russell and Shaq DOWN THERE at center.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#742 » by Potterman » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Uh I didn't say a finals run guys. Merely the progress of our player development for NEXT year.

Wow, I swear, we go from short termed eyesight to long term eyesight to back to short term eyesight.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
Potterman
Lead Assistant

Post#743 » by Potterman » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:04 pm

G-Heel wrote:
I'm calling it now. If we start either Harris or Nich at PF, we'd never get to the finals.

I agree. I think that line up will be fun to watch next year while we play for our 2014 draft pick. I thought I mentioned in my post that I was only looking towards next year and player development.

I dont see a draft pick this upcoming year propelling us into the playoffs. Not unless Harkless turns into Durant, Harris turns into Carmelo, and this draft pick into Dwayne Wade.

Basically, finals and that lineup shouldn't be mentioned in the same breathe. :lol:
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#744 » by G-Heel » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Potterman wrote:Uh I didn't say a finals run guys. Merely the progress of our player development for NEXT year.

Wow, I swear, we go from short termed eyesight to long term eyesight to back to short term eyesight.

My bad. I thought you meant as a long-term thing. If we keep Vuc as center, we're going to need a dominating defensive PF.
Fire Otis!
Neon1
RealGM

Post#745 » by Neon1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Potterman wrote:Uh I didn't say a finals run guys. Merely the progress of our player development for NEXT year.

That Harris at PF stuff is shortsighted imo. That is going to hinder his development. SF/SG is the same thing basically but PF is a whole nother ball game.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Neon1
RealGM

Post#746 » by Neon1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:21 pm

That Harris at PF stuff is shortsighted imo. That is going to hinder his development. SF/SG is the same thing basically but PF is a whole nother ball game.

Potterman
Lead Assistant

Post#747 » by Potterman » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:53 pm

I dont see anyone right now as "long term" it's all pieces that we are waiting to develop to see what they turn into.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#748 » by Ayt » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 am

rcklsscognition wrote:We've already had Vuc dunk on Howard, if we could get our new #12 to throw one down on him when LA comes in March that would put the cherry on top of the reg. season for me.

Close enough?

Neon1
RealGM

Post#749 » by Neon1 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 pm

New Tobias Interview from 5/10/13
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiamBhkOSxI[/youtube]

MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#750 » by MagicTownBaller » Thu May 16, 2013 8:06 pm

John Denton @JohnDenton555
#Magic SF Tobias Harris, who shined in Orlando after trade, said that he intended to take 2 weeks off, but was back in the gym after a week.

#Magic Tobias Harris said he's familiar w/ top college players and he can't wait to help ORL pick incorporate into team's young core #Leader

I love having him on the team :)

Can we sign him to his lifetime extension yet? I want him on this team forever!
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#751 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu May 16, 2013 8:39 pm

MagicTownBaller wrote:
John Denton @JohnDenton555
#Magic SF Tobias Harris, who shined in Orlando after trade, said that he intended to take 2 weeks off, but was back in the gym after a week.

#Magic Tobias Harris said he's familiar w/ top college players and he can't wait to help ORL pick incorporate into team's young core #Leader

I love having him on the team :)

Can we sign him to his lifetime extension yet? I want him on this team forever!

Love this kid, he is a hard worker, has a chip on his shoulders, and he is a leader.
aka: prorl
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#752 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2013 8:41 pm

I'm sure he likes playing for a team and FO that seems to appreciate him, give him some playing time, let him learn, etc. He didnt seem to have that up in Milwaukee.

Return to Orlando Magic