ImageImageImageImage

The Tobias Harris Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: The Tobias Harris Thread 

Post#161 » by OrlandO » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:27 am

Tobias Harlem Shake

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbLReWwXwt4[/youtube]
OrlandoMagician
Junior
And1: 7

Post#162 » by OrlandoMagician » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:28 am

Realistically, shouldn't this kid be as big a prospect as guys like Harkless or Nicholson? Personally, that's how I'm treating him anyway. I know that's not exactly how it works, but Harris and Drew were both the 19th pick in consecutive seasons, and Hark was taken 15th.

Although every player is different, we could have three very solid role players or decent-to-good starters for the future on our hands already, and we haven't even used a lottery pick yet. Henny's done well bringing together a young core.
Rob Hennigan is smarter than you.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#163 » by Neon1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:43 am

OrlandoMagician wrote:Realistically, shouldn't this kid be as big a prospect as guys like Harkless or Nicholson? Personally, that's how I'm treating him anyway. I know that's not exactly how it works, but Harris and Drew were both the 19th pick in consecutive seasons, and Hark was taken 15th.

Although every player is different, we could have three very solid role players or decent-to-good starters for the future on our hands already, and we haven't even used a lottery pick yet. Henny's done well bringing together a young core.

He is. Besides that, he is only 20 years old. Moe is 19 and Drew is already 23. I personally think he is a better prospect then Harkless who is REALLY raw offensively. They are basically the same age but Tobias offensive game (skillset) is far ahead. Moe is ahead of defense, but it is not by that much.

To me our order should be this:
Vucevic
Harris/Harkless
Nicholson
O'Quinn
Moore/Lamb
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
Showbiz Bear
Rookie
And1: 477

Post#164 » by Showbiz Bear » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:03 am

Neon1 wrote:To me our order should be this:
Vucevic
Harris/Harkless
Nicholson
O'Quinn
Moore/Lamb

Mmmmm look at all those young boys! I love our baby team. So much upside. Add on top of that a few decent/potentially top tiered lottery picks in the coming years, mix in a superstar free agent down the line, and we're back in the hunt in no more than 5 years.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,771

Post#165 » by RookieStar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:31 am

la boomstick wrote:
Vucevic
Harris/Harkless
Nicholson
O'Quinn
Moore/Lamb

Mmmmm look at all those young boys! I love our baby team. So much upside. Add on top of that a few decent/potentially top tiered lottery picks in the coming years, mix in a superstar free agent down the line, and we're back in the hunt in no more than 5 years.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#166 » by arsenal6106 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 am

RookieStar wrote:
la boomstick wrote:
Vucevic
Harris/Harkless
Nicholson
O'Quinn
Moore/Lamb

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Lol I had the same response. Having a jj mugshot as your avatar just enhanced the comment. Just having fun broomstick.

Sent From Phone
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#167 » by in-limbo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:06 pm

I love JJ Redick but I couldn't be more impressed with Henny's aquisitions. He and I like the same kind of player.

Tobias is a good player and we are lucky to have him. I din't know much about Doron but I already really like Beno. I can't say enough good things about our current direction. These guys are the Varsity to last years Pre-K.
Neon1
RealGM

Post#168 » by Neon1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:03 pm

This isn't a Harris>Harkless post or putting one versus the other, i like them both and i think they both have a solid future on this team, but i feel like a lot of you guys are sleeping on this. These guys are the basically the same age, and have EXACTLY the same amount of on court NBA time (829mins). We need to treat Harris with the same amount of optimism and patience as we do Harkless.

Tobias Harris is 20 years old and has played a total of 829 career mins. These are the per36 numbers
15.5ppg 7.1rpg 1.5apg 0.9spg 0.7bpg with a true shooting% of .541 .289three% .841ft% and a defensive rating of 106 with a a USG% of 20.2

Moe Harkless is 19 and has played a total of 829 career mins. These are his per36 numbers.
10.0ppg 7.1rpg 1.0apg 1.5spg 1.3bpg with a true shooting% of .494 & .222three%, .537ft%, and a defensive rating of 106 with a USG% of 14.2
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,588

Post#169 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:17 pm

The difference won't be known for a few years. I will take whatever the Magic end up with as a player. Heck, if they just end up solid 15-20mpg role players playing behind all-stars, I will be happy. Because, they are both cheap mid round picks on low contracts which will be easy to resign cheap. Thus, my expectations are low on both of them.

But, if we are talking about competing for a championship someday, these guys don't just need to be solid, but need to play at an elite level. And, it may take a good 3 years to find out if they can develop to an elite level at their age.

Just sit back and enjoy their development, because neither of them are going to be Deng or Iggy at best . . . yet!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,862

Post#170 » by Last Guardian » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:55 am

Henny found another one. Starting to like this GM. Our future is in good hands.
jgosche
Sixth Man
And1: 866

Post#171 » by jgosche » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:09 am

Let's temper our expectations. It's 2 games haha.

But yes, he's looked very good so far.
Neon1
RealGM

Post#172 » by Neon1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:23 am

jgosche wrote:Let's temper our expectations. It's 2 games haha.

But yes, he's looked very good so far.

2 games for US. He has played 860 mins total and what he did in his one year in college. That is well enough to form a solid opinion and know what he can and cannot do. All the evidence was there saying he could do this PRE-trade.

arsenal6106
Assistant Coach

Post#173 » by arsenal6106 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:24 am

What about Tobias vs. Earl?
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#174 » by Noonskadoodle » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:27 am

arsenal6106 wrote:What about Tobias vs. Earl?

Tobias >>> Earl

at least that's my opinion.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,454

Post#175 » by thelead » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:31 am

Not even close. I'll take what I've seen from Tobias (at 20 years of age) over what Earl is doing this year (at 25 years of age). Now, consider Tobias has 5 years to get to Earl's age... the future looks bright 8-)
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach

Post#176 » by arsenal6106 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:42 am

thelead wrote:

Not even close. I'll take what I've seen from Tobias (at 20 years of age) over what Earl is doing this year (at 25 years of age). Now, consider Tobias has 5 years to get to Earl's age... the future looks bright 8-)

I completely agree. You remember the handful of posters here taking shots at Henny for trading Earl. Are those same posters going to come back and praise Henny for getting Tobias?
MMFla
Pro Prospect
And1: 90

Post#177 » by MMFla » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:46 am

When I heard we got 3 players for JJ and company I had a feeling one would be Lamb and thought maybe Luc MaM, I didn't think they'd let go of Harris and am glad they did. He has looked real good on both sides quick hands and not forcing shots plus hes younger than Luc so I like that he can fit in with the young core already in place.

I do like the Beno addition it's not his thread but an expiring vet whose has familiarity with the GM and Coach, so far I like what I've seen from the trade.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#178 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:47 am

arsenal6106 wrote:
thelead wrote:

I completely agree. You remember the handful of posters here taking shots at Henny for trading Earl. Are those same posters going to come back and praise Henny for getting Tobias?

I wouldn't say I took shots but I was disappointed. Tobias is awesome. And Earl is a pretty good player that we unfortunately gave up for nothing :-/
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach

Post#179 » by arsenal6106 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 am

^ I dk who exactly it was, but those posters rarely post here. They seem to only post here for the "I told you so" moments.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,068

Post#180 » by bigdogdylan5 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:57 am

If anyone wants good comedic value right now go read the bucks board under Harris watch thread they are going ape ****! LOL
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.

Return to Orlando Magic