ImageImageImageImage

The Tobias Harris Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Re: The Tobias Harris Thread 

Post#121 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Horcy wrote:Wow man #12 is blocking shots again :lol: He's using Howard's former jersey, that's bizarre.

now he just needs to posterize & block Dwight in that jersey next time we meet.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#122 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:45 am

Noonskadoodle wrote:
Horcy wrote:Wow man #12 is blocking shots again :lol: He's using Howard's former jersey, that's bizarre.

now he just needs to posterize & block Dwight in that jersey next time we meet.

Would be awesome to see Tobias block the crap of Dwight. It was indeed odd to see another guy wearing 12 lol.

I liked what I saw. He is really strong. Wow he has an NBA body on him already. He looked more athletic/quicker than what I saw on the highlight videos. He has potential for sure. Did not know he could block shots like he did, that was totally unexpected.
aka: prorl
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#123 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:56 am

Tobe is definitely a big guy. Strong for small forwards, mobile for power forwards. Has a nice handle. He could be a great fit as a 6th man for us if he continues to prove that he can competently play both forward positions. Considering how thin our depth is right now and how Vaughn uses his lineups I don't think we will see him only playing small forward.
OrlandoMagician
Junior
And1: 7

Post#124 » by OrlandoMagician » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:03 am

Zmill wrote:Tobe is definitely a big guy. Strong for small forwards, mobile for power forwards. Has a nice handle. He could be a great fit as a 6th man for us if he continues to prove that he can competently play both forward positions. Considering how thin our depth is right now and how Vaughn uses his lineups I don't think we will see him only playing small forward.

Would it be overly optimistic to think he could become our version of Thaddeus Young?
Rob Hennigan is smarter than you.
MrOrlando
Starter
And1: 88

Post#125 » by MrOrlando » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:41 am

The first thing that struck me about Tobias Harris was his build. He seemed to have a big presence on the floor. He comes off as being powerful. That presence shined when he ran into the lane and throw down the two hand slam in the fourth.

He appears to also have some good length on top of his large frame as well. He's still really young, I cannot wait to see what our trainers and staff can do with his body type. I do not know if it was the same staff that we had when Orlando drafted Dwight. If it is, this kid is going to get have a good athletic body to force people around on the floor.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#126 » by Neon1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 am

OrlandoMagician wrote:
Zmill wrote:Tobe is definitely a big guy. Strong for small forwards, mobile for power forwards. Has a nice handle. He could be a great fit as a 6th man for us if he continues to prove that he can competently play both forward positions. Considering how thin our depth is right now and how Vaughn uses his lineups I don't think we will see him only playing small forward.

Would it be overly optimistic to think he could become our version of Thaddeus Young?

This kid plays like Josh Smith. Offensive style is almost exact. Body type is almost exact. They even have the exact same uniform swag, Hell they even look alike (beside Josh being darker).
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O8dWvB9dO0[/youtube]
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#127 » by woosah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 am

Interesting what players he is being compared to here. A write-up on some scouting blog i came across said this:
He has Shane Battier’s mindset and with a touch of Carmelo Anthony’s skill set.

This is when he was about to be drafted, which wasn't so long ago.

I don't see some of this stuff, but i need to watch more. He's a gym rat, and i can see him and Afflalo getting along well because they share that work ethic and seem to have a similar attitude just from the few videos i have watched. Looking forward to seeing what he becomes.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
OrlandoMagician
Junior
And1: 7

Post#128 » by OrlandoMagician » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:25 am

Neon1 wrote:
OrlandoMagician wrote:

This kid plays like Josh Smith. Offensive style is almost exact. Body type is almost exact. They even have the exact same uniform swag, Hell they even look alike (beside Josh being darker).

How does he compare physically to Smith? Height, wingspan, weight etc.?

Was very impressed with his debut, and he made some Josh Smith-like plays.
Rob Hennigan is smarter than you.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#129 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 am

Josh Smith:
Height: 6'7
Wingspan: 7'0
Weight: 240 pounds
Standing reach: 8'10
No Step. Vert: 32.5
No Step. Vert reach: 11'7
Max Vert: 39.5
Bench Press: 12
Lane Agility: 11.43
3/4 Court Sprint: 3.24

Tobias Harris
Height: 6'6.5"
Wingspan: 6'11"
Weight: 223 pounds
Standing reach: 8'7.5"
No Step. Vert: 31.5
Max Vert: 37.5
Bench Press: 12
Lane Agility: 10.96
3/4 Court Sprint: 3.17

Maurice Harkless:
Height: 6'7.25"
Wingspan: 7'0
Weight: 207 pounds
Standing reach: 8'6.5"
No Step. Vert: 32.5
Max Vert: 37
Bench Press: 5
Lane Agility: 10.87
3/4 Court Sprint: 3.25

Kevin Durant:
Height: 6'9
Wingspan: 7'4.75"
Weight: 215 pounds
Standing reach: 9'2""
No Step. Vert: 26
Max Vert: 33.5
Bench Press: N/A
Lane Agility: 12.33
3/4 Court Sprint: 3.45
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#130 » by Noonskadoodle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:36 am

Josh Smith is 6'9" 225 pounds...7 foot wingspan...8'10.5" standing reach...40 inch max vert

Tobias Harris is 6'8" 226 pounds...6'11" wingspan...8'7.5" standing reach...38 inch max vert
Neon1
RealGM

Post#131 » by Neon1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 am

Noonskadoodle wrote:Josh Smith is 6'9" 225 pounds...7 foot wingspan...8'10.5" standing reach...40 inch max vert

Tobias Harris is 6'8" 226 pounds...6'11" wingspan...8'7.5" standing reach...38 inch max vert

I don't know what Tobias weighs now, but he has put on muscle mass from the looks of it since the pre draft camp. If i had to guess maybe 5-8lbs or so. He is probably around 230-235? Hard to say because he was kinda soft/fat-ish looking before.

Josh Smith usually is around 235 in shape and 245 on his heavier side.
He lost 25 pounds last season and got back down to the 225 he was drafted at. He is likely at around 235 again, which seems to be his stable weight.
http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/ ... for-hawks/

Either way....they are basically the same size
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#132 » by Noonskadoodle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:17 am

^^^ Yea I was just going off the ESPN weight.

Harris & Smith both look bigger than 225 range though. Both pretty solid individuals haha.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#133 » by NickAnderson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:20 am

Henny is building a team with crazy wingspans.
truebluelover
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#134 » by truebluelover » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:25 am

drsd wrote:Tobias Harris Magic Debut 14 Points/3 Blocks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azTFrGKiGlo[/youtube]

Thanks for this.....really impressing
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#135 » by Noonskadoodle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 am

NickAnderson wrote:Henny is building a team with crazy wingspans.

& he likes versatile players.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#136 » by G-Heel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:54 am

He got like almost no star potential, but I think he can be a good role player. Hopefully he'll turn into a good asset for us.
Fire Otis!
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#137 » by Horcy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:19 am

Neon1 wrote:
OrlandoMagician wrote:

I guess you do have a point man. When Josh Smith came to the league he was horrible in 3pt shooting.
truebluelover
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#138 » by truebluelover » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:27 am

G-Heel wrote:He got like almost no star potential, but I think he can be a good role player. Hopefully he'll turn into a good asset for us.

Shall we build the team like Denver Nugget mode... no star..
Neon1
RealGM

Post#139 » by Neon1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:29 am

Horcy wrote:
I guess you do have a point man. When Josh Smith came to the league he was horrible in 3pt shooting.

Nothing has changed there. He still is. Career 28.7% for his career (Tobias is career 28.9% so far). Technically, Josh actually doesnt take that many threes, he takes a TON of long two's (barely being inside the three point line), which is why he has the reputation of being a three chucker. Tobias doesn't do that (the dumb long two's).

Neon1
RealGM

Post#140 » by Neon1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:32 am

G-Heel wrote:He got like almost no star potential, but I think he can be a good role player. Hopefully he'll turn into a good asset for us.

Offensively, He has realistic #3 or top ceiling of borderline #2 potential on a solid contender.

Return to Orlando Magic