yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

McBob

Moderators: Howard Mass, MagicMadness, eyriq, Hilltop, damo[23], Devin 1L

Post#1 McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:45 pm by BizGilwalker

Cats fan here wondering what Josh McRoberts is good/bad at. Is he better than Warrick?
Takingbaconback wrote:Would anyone really be that surprised if Dieng was a better player than Wiggins in the next 5 years?
BizGilwalker

RealGM
And1: 1,874

Post#2 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:52 pm by D12VCMagic

Decent rebounder, hustles pretty well and solid defender. Not much of an offensive game but he has ups and is capable of knocking down an occasional 3.

Is he better than Warrick? Idk, I haven't followed Warrick as of late. I remember he used to look like a solid player, but kind of fell off the map.
D12VCMagic

Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#3 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:53 pm by SOUL

Will have some really spectacular dunks. Not a great rebounder, but he seems to get the clutch ones, decent passer. He's basically average at everything and will have really decent nights and nights where he's not a factor at all. Can hit the three, but took way too much for my liking when he was here.

I haven't seen Warrick play in years so I'm not sure.
SOUL

RealGM
And1: 1,930

Post#4 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:55 pm by OrlandO

He's a solid bench player imo. Plays with energy and doesn't give up on plays... one of those guys that does the dirty work like a Matt Barnes. He can play sf/pf. What I didnt like is he always seemed to botch alley oops and he sucks at threes (one of the flattest outside shots I've seen in the NBA). I will miss his awful haircut.
"If and when I reach my full potential, I think I will be better than everybody in this draft," Gordon said.
OrlandO
General Manager
And1: 1,717

Post#5 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:55 pm by CourtsideTV

If he stats, he'll give you a good 12 points 6-8 rebounds a game. He hustles and can hit 3 balls
Work Hard
CourtsideTV

RealGM
And1: 198

Post#6 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:56 pm by RookieStar

I dunno... Mcbob is pretty mobile for a bigman. Just needs to show motivation. As to Warrick, he's still in the league?
RookieStar

Lead Assistant
And1: 114

Post#7 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:04 pm by BadMofoPimp

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:Cats fan here wondering what Josh McRoberts is good/bad at. Is he better than Warrick?

He is better than fans here in Orlando gave him credit for. He isn't great at anything, but Dude is a good passer and all around player. You will be very surprised at his ball handling skills and passes. Plays OK Defense and can board when motivated.

He deserved more minutes, but wasn't a good fit with the Magic. And, now he will get his chance to Prove People Wrong!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 3,287

Post#8 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:11 pm by grayson11

BadMofoPimp wrote:
CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:Cats fan here wondering what Josh McRoberts is good/bad at. Is he better than Warrick?

He is better than fans here in Orlando gave him credit for. He isn't great at anything, but Dude is a good passer and all around player. You will be very surprised at his ball handling skills and passes. Plays OK Defense and can board when motivated.

He deserved more minutes, but wasn't a good fit with the Magic. And, now he will get his chance to Prove People Wrong!!!

BMP loses me on occasion when I can't tell if he's messing around, but I definitely agree here. To me, McBob always seemed to be a low-level jack-of-all-trades type of player. He doesn't do any one thing terribly well, but he can surprise you some nights by doing it all in spurts.

Oh and he also stars in "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" on FX, so what's not to like?
grayson11

Bench Warmer
And1: 22

Post#9 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:12 pm by SEBAS-07

He definitely is better than Warrick.
Smart / Micic / D. Wright
Wiggins / Exum / J. Adams
Parker / K. Anderson / Mcdermott
Randle / Vonleh / Stokes
Embiid / Nurkic/ Tavares
SEBAS-07
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#10 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:16 pm by BayAreaMadSkill

CourtsideTV wrote:If he stats, he'll give you a good 12 points 6-8 rebounds a game. He hustles and can hit 3 balls

BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 25

Post#11 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:17 pm by tiderulz

OrlandO wrote:He's a solid bench player imo. Plays with energy and doesn't give up on plays... one of those guys that does the dirty work like a Matt Barnes. He can play sf/pf. What I didnt like is he always seemed to botch alley oops and he sucks at threes (one of the flattest outside shots I've seen in the NBA). I will miss his awful haircut.

i would disagree that he really cannot play SF.
tiderulz

RealGM
And1: 1,221

Post#12 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:55 pm by bluesteelmagic

He's a very underrated screener as well. He sets really awesome picks. Early on in the season there were times where he'd basically play the role of facilitator around the high key area as well. Like everyone else said, hes not terrible at any one thing, but hes not great either, but when you mix that with the fact that hes a sure fire hustle guy, he's a guy anybody would be lucky to have on their team.
Orlando Magic BaT
Doogie Dieners
----
Coach: Jeff Hornecek
PG: Penny Hardaway/Jameer Nelson
SG: Cutino Mobley/Dee Brown
SF: Mike Miller/Earl Clark
PF: Josh McRoberts/Glen Davis
C: Marcin Gortat
bluesteelmagic

Junior
And1: 6

Post#13 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:57 pm by OrlandO

tiderulz wrote:
OrlandO wrote:He's a solid bench player imo. Plays with energy and doesn't give up on plays... one of those guys that does the dirty work like a Matt Barnes. He can play sf/pf. What I didnt like is he always seemed to botch alley oops and he sucks at threes (one of the flattest outside shots I've seen in the NBA). I will miss his awful haircut.

i would disagree that he really cannot play SF.

As a rotational bench player on a crappy to average team? Sure he can... he did for us. It all depends on matchups. He can handle the ball and pass decent enough to fill the spot imo. Ideally you want him at PF, but if needed he can play SF unlike a lot of other bigs.
"If and when I reach my full potential, I think I will be better than everybody in this draft," Gordon said.
OrlandO
General Manager
And1: 1,717

Post#14 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:18 pm by Orium

Holy crap is this thread way too politically correct
Orium
Analyst
And1: 133

Post#15 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 pm by BadMofoPimp

grayson11 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

BMP loses me on occasion when I can't tell if he's messing around, but I definitely agree here. To me, McBob always seemed to be a low-level jack-of-all-trades type of player. He doesn't do any one thing terribly well, but he can surprise you some nights by doing it all in spurts.

Oh and he also stars in "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" on FX, so what's not to like?

Glad you agreed with me when I was serious! I had no problems with McBob while he was a Magician. For his price, he was decent. 8-)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 3,287

Post#16 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:27 pm by RookieStar

Orium wrote:Holy crap is this thread way too politically correct

AMERICA!!!!!
RookieStar

Lead Assistant
And1: 114

Post#17 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 pm by MagicStarwipe

Every now and then he will do something to make you happy. But most of the time you'll just be like... "meh".
MagicStarwipe

Lead Assistant
And1: 1,040

Post#18 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:13 pm by NEM

Good at nothing
Bad at everything

Thank god he's gone
#FireVaughn
DIPO-VUC-TOBES
NEM

RealGM
And1: 320

Post#19 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 pm by InFlames

Not that good.
InFlames

General Manager
And1: 1,396

Post#20 Re: McBob
Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:32 pm by Tarot Magician

He's a pretty good passer for a big. Would be MUCH better at it if he didn't try to be flashy.
Tarot Magician
Sophomore
And1: 7

Next

Return to Orlando Magic