ImageImageImageImage

What is your best-case offseason scenario?

zomgep
Ballboy
And1: 0

What is your best-case offseason scenario? 

Post#1 » by zomgep » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:49 pm

For me , best case would be if Orlando got Wiggins with the first pick and traded their second pick up for Exum or Smart. I could see a team like Denver taking Afflalo and our lower pick for the #6 or #7. Then if we could sign some good locker-room vets then that'd be a great offseason.

Roster would look something like:

Exum (or Smart) / Nelson / Price
Oladipo / Wiggins (or Harkless) / Moore (or Lamb)
Wiggins / Harkless / Harris
Harris / Nicholson / KOQ
Vucevic / KOQ / Dedmon

so that's ~12 player roster and then have some locker room guys

What do you guys think?
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Re: What is your best-case offseason scenario? 

Post#2 » by AgEnT50 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 am

Best Case?

LeBron James opts out & signs with the Magic
Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#3 » by Baka_La Flame » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:20 am

As much as I love Tobias there's a possibility that he could play his way out of town meaning if he puts up 18 and 8 next season which we all know isn't a reach.. some team will be willing to over pay for him so,that we don't match. If we draft Jabari I would love to move Toby for A guy like Klay Thompson. The Warriors have 4 huge contracts on the books already and it's gonna be difficult for them to retain Klay unless they shed some salary before he becomes a FA next off season. We can start Klay at SF until we figure out what we want to do with Afflalo. Next seasons roster would look something like this.

Oladipo/Jameer
Afflalo/wonk/Klay
Klay/Moe(6th man)/FA
Jabari/AN/Maxiell
Vuc/KO/Maxiell

A well balanced team with plenty potential. If we are in position to draft Wiggins I would just stand pat and give tobais his money. Maybe we use Nicholson and Jameer + wonk as a package deal to move as far up in the draft as possible and hopefully either Exum/Smart/Randle/Vonleh fall to about 8 or 9. If we could double up on 2 of the top 7 or 8 prospects in the draft and build around a core 4 of those 2 players and Dipo/Vuc I would be content with that but that would also mean that either Tobais or Vuc and Afflalo would be on their way out as soon as the new rooks re up which sucks. Can't wait to see how this off season unfolds
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#4 » by TreasureCoast » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:22 am

Wiggins with our first pick and either moving up for Smart or getting him with the woNK. And convincing Jammer to come off the bench next year.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#5 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:19 am

I agree with others here. Our best-(realistic)-case offseason scenario would be drafting Wiggins with our own pick and trading AA + WoNK to move up and grab Smart.

The problem is who would we trade with? Utah might be interested as they just grabbed Trey Burke and might lose Gordon Hayward after failing to reach an extension agreement this past summer. Sacramento is the team I see targeting Smart. They have high hopes for Ben McLemore and recently tried hard to trade Thomas. They targeted Rondo so they clearly want a big PG who plays defense.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,237

Post#6 » by eyriq » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:27 am

Beast_Reality wrote:Wiggins with our first pick and either moving up for Smart or getting him with the woNK. And convincing Jammer to come off the bench next year.

MagicFan101 wrote:I agree with others here. Our best-(realistic)-case offseason scenario would be drafting Wiggins with our own pick and trading AA + WoNK to move up and grab Smart.

Agree with this. Smart/Oladipo/Wiggins would be amazing in the open court, and all rebound and create turnovers at an elite level to garentee lots of fast breaks
Nox_Caelum
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#7 » by Nox_Caelum » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:54 am

Realistic best-case scenario.
We get 2nd pick in the lottery, whoever's 1st takes Embiid, we take Wiggins(it takes more pressure off Wiggins to not be another terrible #1 pick).
Use Afflalo and WoNK to move up for Smart or *draft Stauskas/LaVine with the WoNK.
And maybe give Jason Brickman(leading the NCAA in assists on a shite team) a chance in Summer League/pre-season(If he seems playable in the NBA, replace Price with him).
Oladipo/Nelson/Price
Smart/Thomas/Moore
Wiggins/Harkless/Thomas
Harris/Nicholson/O'Quinn
Vuc/O'Quinn/Dedmon
*Oladipo/Nelson/Price
Afflalo/(LaVine or Stauskas)/Moore
Wiggins/Harkless/Thomas
Harris/Nicholson/O'Quinn
Vuc/O'Quinn/Dedmon

That's 13. Cut/don't re-sign Doron Lamb, then bring back Maxiell and a vet swingman as mentors.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#8 » by Orlwillbeback » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:59 am

parker and smart somehow

oladipo kills the weights and gets jacked

sign lebron
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#9 » by claudio-br » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:26 am

Best case scenario would essentialy draft well, really

I'd also like to fire JV and get SVG back

Trading Jameer would be ideal, too

I don't think that there are any realistic big name FA that we should and could pursue, so that's about it

AgEnT50 wrote:Best Case?

I think the OP meant a realistic best case scenario....
Blues
Junior
And1: 98

Post#10 » by Blues » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:30 am

Magic get the #3 pick and the #9 pick.

#3 Magic drafts Jabari Parker
#9 Draft Tyler Ennis

PG Tyler Ennis
SG Victor Oladipo
SF Jabari Parker
PF Tobias Harris
C Nikola Vucevic
Formally known as "Magix3"
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#11 » by drsd » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 am

The general consensus is clear: draft a SF with the first pick and a PG with WoNK. We can make multiple versions of that, for example I will say Wiggins and LaVine, but we all end up with a similar roster.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,066

Post#12 » by The Real Dalic » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:22 am

Wiggins and Bosh, and when Durant becomes a free agent, sign him and win every championship until Durant retires.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Go Magic
Junior
And1: 122

Post#13 » by Go Magic » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:01 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:parker and smart somehow

oladipo kills the weights and gets jacked

sign lebron

I really hate to agree with you...

Only thing I would add is sign JV to a 6 year extension.
tooler wrote:Our team is like a greenhouse with a few wise old horticulturalists. Everyone has a chance to grow.

Orlwillbeback wrote:Exum has shown me more in his draftexpress video than wiggins has shown all year. wiggins just isnt that good.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#14 » by NEM » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:03 pm

AgEnT50 wrote:Best Case?

I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#15 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Magic draft Parker or Wiggins and Smart (WonK) then sign Aldridge.

Magic dump Vaughn and Stan Van Gundy comes back to lead the Magic!

World Domination!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#16 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Do some of you guys remember SVG as a coach? Because, if I recall, there was a lot of whining about his rotation and his inability to adjust in-games, so I am surprised that I've been reading here lately that a lot of you guys want him back.

As for this thread: worse case scenario is that we do nothing except add the 2014 draftee.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#17 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:54 pm

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Do some of you guys remember SVG as a coach? Because, if I recall, there was a lot of whining about his rotation and his inability to adjust in-games, so I am surprised that I've been reading here lately that a lot of you guys want him back.

As for this thread: worse case scenario is that we do nothing except add the 2014 draftee.

SVG knows one thing really well and that is how to get a team to OverAchieve and Win. That is enough for me regardless of if anyone else disagree's with his technique or game management. If it works, then I am all for it. He proved himself to be a Top 5 NBA coach for 5-7 straight years. An addition, he didn't have any player straight up hate him during his tenure which is hard for someone to accomplish for 8 years. Magic won't find anybody better to come down here.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#18 » by Max Power » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:40 pm

I'll agree with most on here. Drafting Wiggins or Parker. I'm torn on which honestly, but both improve our team. I think the wonk pick is a pg too. I'm cool with Tyler Ennis or moving up for Smart. I think the Magic will target low end free agents again to fill out the roster cheap. Then target a power forward in 2015 whether it's draft or Aldridge/Love. I'm fine with Vaughn as coach, he's doing the job he's been asked, while learning the ropes, he's in the same situation as his players. With that said, if SVG came back I'd be thrilled.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#19 » by Devin 1L » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:00 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Do some of you guys remember SVG as a coach? Because, if I recall, there was a lot of whining about his rotation and his inability to adjust in-games, so I am surprised that I've been reading here lately that a lot of you guys want him back.

SVG knows one thing really well and that is how to get a team to OverAchieve and Win. That is enough for me regardless of if anyone else disagree's with his technique or game management. If it works, then I am all for it. He proved himself to be a Top 5 NBA coach for 5-7 straight years. An addition, he didn't have any player straight up hate him during his tenure which is hard for someone to accomplish for 8 years. Magic won't find anybody better to come down here.

Agreed. I've always been a Van Gundy supporter.

Also, to add to what you posted, Van Gundy is #10 all time in coaching winning percentage.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#20 » by p0peye » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Championship parade.

Return to Orlando Magic