ImageImageImageImage

What is your best-case offseason scenario?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Catledge
Starter
And1: 833

Re: What is your best-case offseason scenario? 

Post#61 » by Catledge » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:23 pm

Draft Wiggins, sign Lowry and Bosh.

Also, I'm for bringing back Stan if he ever wants to come back. He was an elite X's and O's guy at both ends of the floor, and he got more out of both Dwight and Turk than anybody else ever. I'll grant that he could improve his leadership skills, but maybe some time away from the game has given him a chance to reflect and learn from his past experiences.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,864

Post#62 » by JF5 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:31 am

For me...

Trading Afflalo and Wonk pick for higher lottery pick...
Trading Nicholson, Harkless, and 2nd for the selection of Tyler Ennis and Future 1st...

Drafting Andrew Wiggins, and Noah Vonleh

Pretty much going into next season

Jameer Nelson/Tyler Ennis
Victor Oladipo/Jeremy Lamb
Andrew Wiggins/Tobias Harris
Tobias Harris/Noah Vonleh
Nikola Vucevic/Kyle O'Quinn
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,455

Post#63 » by thelead » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:40 am

JF5 wrote:For me...

Trading Nicholson, Harkless, and 2nd for the selection of Tyler Ennis and Future 1st...

JF5
RealGM

Post#64 » by JF5 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:31 am

Lol, I can understand but I'm not so quick to get rid of Jameer. He's the lone veteran and a positive defacto leader that this young team looks up to. Minutes will probably be cut... But for the next few years this team REALLY needs him.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,455

Post#65 » by thelead » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:39 am

JF5 wrote:Lol, I can understand but I'm not so quick to get rid of Jameer. He's the lone veteran and a positive defacto leader that this young team looks up to. Minutes will probably be cut... But for the next few years this team REALLY needs him.

Jameer needs to go or just become a coach... he's just not very good and his walk the ball up the court pace would kill your Oladipo/Wiggins/Harris speed advantage.

I would much rather prefer:

Oladipo
Wiggins
Harris
Free Agent
Vuc
JF5
RealGM

Post#66 » by JF5 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:21 am

thelead wrote:
JF5 wrote:Lol, I can understand but I'm not so quick to get rid of Jameer. He's the lone veteran and a positive defacto leader that this young team looks up to. Minutes will probably be cut... But for the next few years this team REALLY needs him.

Jameer needs to go or just become a coach... he's just not very good and his walk the ball up the court pace would kill your Oladipo/Wiggins/Harris speed advantage.

I would much rather prefer:

Oladipo
Wiggins
Harris
Free Agent
Vuc

I don't think the Magic need to "Run N Gun" next season. its kind of pointless in doing that. You need to run a half court offense and improve Oladipo and Wiggins more in a half court set. I think that idea of running that sort of offense will be prominent in several years when the team is becoming more competitive.

Again, like I said Jameer or another PG NEEDS to start. Though Victor is becoming a better play-maker I'm not 100% behind/comfortable with him playing PG going into next season.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#67 » by MagicFan32 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:42 am

how on earth can we begin to figure this out before the draft? we have no idea what players will hit the trade market, we do not even know whos' in the draft yet.
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,123

Post#68 » by eyriq » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Catledge wrote:Draft Wiggins, sign Lowry and Bosh.

Also, I'm for bringing back Stan if he ever wants to come back. He was an elite X's and O's guy at both ends of the floor, and he got more out of both Dwight and Turk than anybody else ever. I'll grant that he could improve his leadership skills, but maybe some time away from the game has given him a chance to reflect and learn from his past experiences.

I like this. Throw in McDermott with Wonk and I'm in love
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,589

Post#69 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:51 pm

The best part about this is that it is Realistically Possible. Then, you can get Dermont or Ennis with the Wonk to boot.

World Domination.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#70 » by ralphie9898 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:14 pm

JF5 wrote:For me...

So how do we end up with Jeremey Lamb? And in that 2nd trade idea you have Nicholson, Harkless and a 2nd? Do you mean a 2nd rounder cuz we don't have one. And no way would a team give up Ennis and future 1st for that.

I am ok with the first trade idea but I doubt that second one happens. But for the first one I am not so sure we would be able to move up that far from the Wonk pick. Maybe a few spots but in this draft you may not get what you expect. So we may be better off trading AA in another deal.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,123

Post#71 » by eyriq » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:38 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

The best part about this is that it is Realistically Possible. Then, you can get Dermont or Ennis with the Wonk to boot.

World Domination.

Seriously!

Lowry/Afflalo/Wiggins/Bosh/Vucevic is nicely balanced. Then pull from a second unit of Harris/Oladipo/O'Quinn/Harkless/McDermott as needed.

World Domination.
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man
And1: 802

Post#72 » by GANGSTERDOG » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:35 pm

i would never want Bosh on this team. Why is everyone in a Rush to rebuild so fast? We arent gonna win anything with Afflalo, Lowry and Bosh as our best Players. We got to wait 3 1/2 years till everyone is in there Primes than sign Vets

Return to Orlando Magic