ImageImageImageImage

MUSIC THREAD

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Re: MUSIC THREAD 

Post#21 » by Orium » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:26 am

boricua_basket wrote:Are Muse and Radiohead considered indie pop? I could listen to them and Foals.

Naw they're pretty mainstream, tho definitely more on the alternative side of things.. I'm not sure I've ever heard any Foals, I'll give em a listen
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#22 » by MellowRose » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:56 am

What do yall think about TDE (Black Hippy)? I think they're one of the best rap groups out right now. Still kickin' it with Q, but started listening to Isiah Rashad, and that boy can flat out drop it. Ab-Soul obviously got those lyrics down too. Sick group, IMO.

What groups can rival TDE?
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 954

Post#23 » by Devin 1L » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:58 am

The regulars:

Iron & Wine
Bon Iver
Gregory Alan Isakov

Currently diving deeper into:

Billy Bragg & Wilco (via Woody Guthrie)
Phosphorescent
Damien Jurado
Gary Clark, Jr.
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#24 » by MellowRose » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:03 am

WATCH out for CADILLACTICA by BIG KRIT. Expecting some great stuff...
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#25 » by Orlwillbeback » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:14 am

trance/house
cb1115
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#26 » by cb1115 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:45 am

been bumping MBDTF lately. classic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ejqE3ktFU[/youtube]

that beat is just Image

the ending of Runaway still gives me chills.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6CJQ_hnm24[/youtube]
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#27 » by Magicalltheway » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:55 pm

And for me, I just cant get enough of Z88.3. Jeremy Camp is what i listen to the most. on another note, does anyone know of an effective way of removing vocal from a wav file or mp3 file. i have tried several programs to remove the vocal to no avail.
ChiefWiggumz
Senior
And1: 172

Post#28 » by ChiefWiggumz » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:53 pm

Lately, Real Estate - Atlas,

Jon Hopkins - Immunity,

SquarePusher- Ultravisitor.
Deadcellz
Senior
And1: 212

Post#29 » by Deadcellz » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:51 pm

I feel like im constantly stuck in my youth sometimes, listenin to albums like the slim shady lp, chronic 2001, doggystyle, black sunday etc when it comes to hip hop.

Songs for the deaf, black rebel, is this it, slipknot, vulgar display, follow the leader, in utero, melancholy and infinite sadness, etc in other genres.

Feels like no matter what I'll just go back to the music I listened to when In my early teens.

The most recent album ive listened to was talib kwelis, outstanding, loved the black starr days as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,025

Post#30 » by The Real Dalic » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:56 pm

Magicalltheway wrote:And for me, I just cant get enough of Z88.3. Jeremy Camp is what i listen to the most. on another note, does anyone know of an effective way of removing vocal from a wav file or mp3 file. i have tried several programs to remove the vocal to no avail.

I listen to Z88.3 too. As well as WJRR 101.1.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#31 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:19 pm

For rap besides my all time favs of Easy E, 8Ball MJG and Mobb Deep, I dig some newer artists like:

J. Stalin - (Check out Rock Day)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfrbGqLXny8[/youtube]
Tha Joker - (Check out Nothin)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMR9rFaGfb4[/youtube]

Of Course, their is my own song, Runnin'. Actually, I have recorded this song over 4 different beats over the years until I got to the final version here. But, I stopped doing rap much back in 2012.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHNPtCNA2pA[/youtube]

I did jam with a Hardcore Punk drummer in West Palm last weekend and going to jam with this metal drummer in Tampa this weekend.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#32 » by thelead » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Tired of the radio... I look for anything different. Here's some of what I've been listening to lately:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjmiLp47Yg8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gctf0n8b3F4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S6U_krabrk[/youtube]
Sugar Cane
Senior
And1: 1

Post#33 » by Sugar Cane » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:20 pm

MellowRose wrote:What do yall think about TDE (Black Hippy)? I think they're one of the best rap groups out right now. Still kickin' it with Q, but started listening to Isiah Rashad, and that boy can flat out drop it. Ab-Soul obviously got those lyrics down too. Sick group, IMO.

Slaughterhouse
Royce, Crooked, Joel & Jump Off Joe Budden...I love Black Hippy sub Q and as great as I think Kendrick is, Royce would eat his face off. Royce is arguably a top 3 rap artist of all time but doesn't get the cred he deserves because he hasn't had the mainstream successes as Jay-Z, Eminem, Nas, Pac or Big
B-League Fantasy Draft:

PG. Rajon Rondo/Mike Conley/Patty Mills
SG. Demar Derozan/Brandon Roy/Bradley Beal/Jodie Meeks
SF. Kawhi Leonard/Terrence Jones/Jae Crowder
PF. Tristan Thompson/Jared Sullinger/Tyler Hansbrough
C. JaVale McGee/DeAndre Jordan
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#34 » by FFBlitzace » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:04 pm

I love power metal. If anyone's familiar with Freedom Call, they're probably my favorite band, and I love their new album.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
orlgbfsu
Starter
And1: 540

Post#35 » by orlgbfsu » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:13 pm

MellowRose wrote:WATCH out for CADILLACTICA by BIG KRIT. Expecting some great stuff...
This.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#36 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:27 pm

Anyways, I will throw something out there cheesy for you, at least personally. Because, I have a simple video I made of my puppy once I first got her learning to swim at the Little Big Econ trails out in Geneva way out there like 8 miles out there. Had fun getting ticks off her afterwards.

Anyways, I used music from my mother, who is a professional Jazz and Blues singer. Basically, the last time I visited her, she had a box of live recordings. Thus, she had this one set done at a place in Detroit called "The Old Miami" which came out great on the soundboard. So, I used the music from that slow blues jam playing with her band,"That Jive" to an old Steve Miller tune called: "Caress Me Baby." The guitarist is the great Detroit and Chicago Blues Legend, Howard Glazer.

Basically, my grandmother was a Country Western singer/guitarist based out of Wyoming and my mother was a Jazz/Blues singer/guitar out of Detroit. Thus, my family has music roots going back to the 1940's if you count my great great grandparents.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L7UFJjIh9U[/youtube]

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#37 » by MellowRose » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Sugar Cane wrote:
MellowRose wrote:What do yall think about TDE (Black Hippy)? I think they're one of the best rap groups out right now. Still kickin' it with Q, but started listening to Isiah Rashad, and that boy can flat out drop it. Ab-Soul obviously got those lyrics down too. Sick group, IMO.

Slaughterhouse
Royce, Crooked, Joel & Jump Off Joe Budden...I love Black Hippy sub Q and as great as I think Kendrick is, Royce would eat his face off. Royce is arguably a top 3 rap artist of all time but doesn't get the cred he deserves because he hasn't had the mainstream successes as Jay-Z, Eminem, Nas, Pac or Big

Why no Q for you? Habits and Contradictions was okay, but nothing too great. Oxumoron, on the other hand, is the only thing you'll hear in my car right now. Beats are out of this world.
Sugar Cane
Senior
And1: 1

Post#38 » by Sugar Cane » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:31 am

Q's reputation is bigger than his talent to me which annoys me. I'll give Oxymoron another go though; H&C was garbage to me.

On the flip side, it took me five years to actually get into Drake and now I absolutely love his music. Some artists just don't garner my ear until they have a large body of work to examine the growth and maturity. I'll be 30 this year so aside from Atlanta's Trap Music artists I go for great records that I can relate to.
B-League Fantasy Draft:

PG. Rajon Rondo/Mike Conley/Patty Mills
SG. Demar Derozan/Brandon Roy/Bradley Beal/Jodie Meeks
SF. Kawhi Leonard/Terrence Jones/Jae Crowder
PF. Tristan Thompson/Jared Sullinger/Tyler Hansbrough
C. JaVale McGee/DeAndre Jordan
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#39 » by thelead » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:46 am

I can deal with half of Drake's stuff. Love most of J Cole's music. Jay-Z's losing his appeal, and Kanye is going crazy. I can't think of any other current mainstream rappers I can listen to. Maybe I'm missing one or two.
cb1115
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#40 » by cb1115 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:17 am

thelead wrote:I can deal with half of Drake's stuff. Love most of J Cole's music. Jay-Z's losing his appeal, and Kanye is going crazy. I can't think of any other current mainstream rappers I can listen to. Maybe I'm missing one or two.

Kendrick?

Return to Orlando Magic