ImageImageImageImage

OT- Xbox One vs PS4

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man
And1: 802

Re: OT- Xbox One vs PS4 

Post#21 » by GANGSTERDOG » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:35 am

Got Both. So far Xbox1
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man
And1: 802

Post#22 » by GANGSTERDOG » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:35 am

DBL POST

However PSN over Xbox Live
Mr Magic Fan
Senior
And1: 433

Post#23 » by Mr Magic Fan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:54 am

It all depends what exclusives you're into. I went with the xbox one because I'm a huge gears and halo fan. Titanfall is also amazing. Additionally, I tend to enjoy online multi-player games and Xbox live, in my experience, has always been more reliable. The controller was also a factor, I just seem to prefer the Xbox controller, probably due to familiarity. At the moment the PS4 graphically looks better, is cheaper, and from an exclusive standpoint is and will be stronger in single-player story based games.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#24 » by orlando1214 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:26 pm

Mr Magic Fan wrote:It all depends what exclusives you're into. I went with the xbox one because I'm a huge gears and halo fan. Titanfall is also amazing. Additionally, I tend to enjoy online multi-player games and Xbox live, in my experience, has always been more reliable. The controller was also a factor, I just seem to prefer the Xbox controller, probably due to familiarity. At the moment the PS4 graphically looks better, is cheaper, and from an exclusive standpoint is and will be stronger in single-player story based games.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app

It's so nice to come into a PS4/Xbox One discussion and see everyone say that you really can't go wrong with either. Sure everyone has a personal preference, but it seems like almost every time I see a discussion of the two, it just turns into a big fanboy fight. I personally prefer the PS4, but if someone has similar taste to you then I would definitely recommend a Xbox One.

I had both consoles last generation and maybe someday I will own both, but for now I'm just going to stick with a PS4 when I get one. Being cheaper and stuff is great, but the main reason for me is because of Naughty Dog, their games are my favorite. Uncharted and The Last of Us were my favorite games last generation, and so there is no way I'm going to miss what they make on the PS4. I also think Playstation Plus is an amazing value, I have so many games from it, and they are good games as well! Lots to be excited about for the future though, with Playstation Now coming out later this year that will allow you to stream games, and also there are a ton of games to look forward to as well. That being said, if you want an Xbox and prefer the features and games they offer, then I say go for it. There are some pretty good deals right now where you can get the console and Titanfall for like $50 off, so it's a good time to buy either console.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,022

Post#25 » by Driguez » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Get whichever platform your friends play. PS4 is overall superior to the Xbox, this is coming from a 360 player.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using RealGM Forums mobile app
"We all we got"- SVG
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#26 » by OrlandO » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:33 pm

PS4 for me. It's cheaper, has less useless fluff and supposedly has more power which could make a difference between cross platform games down the line. I don't play as many shooters these days, plus there won't be as much of an imbalance for those this generation. Finally playing through the Uncharted series and the Last of US on PS3 in the year leading up to the PS4 launch pretty much sealed the deal for me.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#27 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:41 pm

whoever said sony made reliable consoles, I had both last gen consoles, and my ps3 broke on me and they said it couldnt be fixed. At least with the xbox's red ring of death you knew you could always send it in and get a new one like they promised until they fixed them all. Sony basically said sorry sucker.

so **** that.
cb1115
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#28 » by cb1115 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:55 pm

own both and definitely prefer the PS4. has better versions of third party games, better UI, and (IMO) a better controller. it's also $100 cheaper and is a more technologically advanced machine.

not saying the Xbox One is a bad console or anything. i do really like it. if your friends all have an Xbox and that's what you're used to, then go for it.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,064

Post#29 » by The Real Dalic » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:whoever said sony made reliable consoles, I had both last gen consoles, and my ps3 broke on me and they said it couldnt be fixed. At least with the xbox's red ring of death you knew you could always send it in and get a new one like they promised until they fixed them all. Sony basically said sorry sucker.

so **** that.

I bought 4 different xbox's (the original one) because it kept breaking and they wouldn't fix it (at least not cheap). I only had to buy one PS2 at that same time and that was because I dropped it... Hard. On my last gen consoles I never had to get my PS3 fixed and it never broke on me. The Xbox 360 I had broke twice and I had to replace it only for my other one to break twice too... I never bought another one. So yeah, Sony is more reliable. Microsoft likes making things break over time so you spend more money on it.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#30 » by The Real Dalic » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:56 pm

I only have the PS4 right now but I'm planning on getting the One later on for Halo and Dead Rising. I would say I want Gears also, but, ever since Blezsinski (or however you spell his name) and Ferguson left I don't believe that Epic is as good anymore. Gears Judgement was ass. Hopefully they can make a better Gears though.
jjohns828
Bench Warmer
And1: 516

Post#31 » by jjohns828 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:12 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:I only have the PS4 right now but I'm planning on getting the One later on for Halo and Dead Rising. I would say I want Gears also, but, ever since Blezsinski (or however you spell his name) and Ferguson left I don't believe that Epic is as good anymore. Gears Judgement was ass. Hopefully they can make a better Gears though.

Microsoft actually bought the Gears IP from Epic recently and gave it to a new studio and hired Ferguson to work with that studio on the new Gears game.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#32 » by The Real Dalic » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

jjohns828 wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:I only have the PS4 right now but I'm planning on getting the One later on for Halo and Dead Rising. I would say I want Gears also, but, ever since Blezsinski (or however you spell his name) and Ferguson left I don't believe that Epic is as good anymore. Gears Judgement was ass. Hopefully they can make a better Gears though.

Microsoft actually bought the Gears IP from Epic recently and gave it to a new studio and hired Ferguson to work with that studio on the new Gears game.

That's good news.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#33 » by OrlandO » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:27 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:whoever said sony made reliable consoles, I had both last gen consoles, and my ps3 broke on me and they said it couldnt be fixed. At least with the xbox's red ring of death you knew you could always send it in and get a new one like they promised until they fixed them all. Sony basically said sorry sucker.

so **** that.

I bought 4 different xbox's (the original one) because it kept breaking and they wouldn't fix it (at least not cheap). I only had to buy one PS2 at that same time and that was because I dropped it... Hard. On my last gen consoles I never had to get my PS3 fixed and it never broke on me. The Xbox 360 I had broke twice and I had to replace it only for my other one to break twice too... I never bought another one. So yeah, Sony is more reliable. Microsoft likes making things break over time so you spend more money on it.

All my friends who bought a 360 experienced red ring eventually. Pretty insane. I got some really good use out of mine and probably got more mileage than most, but it too eventually died and so did my replacement. I've had a lot of systems over the years and 360 is the only one to completely brick on me... and it happened twice! Horrible failure rate. And while my original XBox didn't completely crap out, it did start randomly shutting itself off after a while.

On the flip side, none of my friends suffered a bricked PS3. Mine is still working great, too. I'm sure there are some that malfunctioned, but it was within the normal expected failure rate for a console. The exception, not the rule.

Microsoft is more of a software company. Sony is known for hardware. I trust the latter a lot more when it comes to reliable hardware. The experience I had with the 360 certainly played a factor in my PS4 purchase. I used to be a huge Xbox fan, too. I may end up getting an X1 down the line, but I'm not even going to consider it for at least a few years.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#34 » by rcklsscognition » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:35 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:for what it's worth, the xbox controller is much better

It's nice. Not sure if anyone here has played Infamous Second Son on the PS4 yet but they use the controller in some really creative ways and even turn it into
Spoiler:
a spray paint can you do some art with

I think it's great.

Your a rams fan?? Didnt know that hopefully we come back this year they are on the right track

Been a Rams fan since they were in LA. Been up to St. Louis for a couple of games over the years too. They're getting on track with all these draft picks they got.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,077

Post#35 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:49 pm

wow i cant agree more with this Gears use to be my favorite game till Judgement and its one reason i might switch to PS4
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#36 » by tranjSAIC » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:07 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:In B4 Ps4 fanboys

They are a funny bunch, as someone who has both, why can't you just appreciate them, BOTH have positives and negatives.
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 225

Post#37 » by Bo Outlaw » Wed Apr 2, 2014 5:44 am

I never ever play shooting games like COD or Halo but I do like Gears. Judgement was soooo bad(although the campaign was the best of any Gears game). Apparently Microsoft bought the rights to Gears and a new game is in the works. But really Im a 2k guy and I dont even own a next gen console

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using RealGM Forums mobile app
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#38 » by CoreyGallagher » Wed Apr 2, 2014 9:32 am

Not really a definitive reason to purchase a PS4, not trying to convince anyone, but for those that didn't have a PS3 last gen and switched to PS4 from Xbox than this is a must buy when it releases. I'm going to be repurchasing it, chances are it will be upscaled to some degree and I didn't play the DLC yet so I'm really looking forward to it, game is legit.

CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#39 » by OrlandO » Wed Apr 2, 2014 2:28 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:Not really a definitive reason to purchase a PS4, not trying to convince anyone, but for those that didn't have a PS3 last gen and switched to PS4 from Xbox than this is a must buy when it releases. I'm going to be repurchasing it, chances are it will be upscaled to some degree and I didn't play the DLC yet so I'm really looking forward to it, game is legit.

Dang, it's coming to PS4? Wish I didn't play it on PS3 now... great game, but can't see myself playing through it again, even if it has enhanced graphics. Every PS4 owner who hasn't played it yet should pick it up though.

Return to Orlando Magic