ImageImageImageImage

#%%#@@^*()(&%#$%**!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Re: #%%#@@^*()(&%#$%**! 

Post#21 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:42 am

jgosche wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:
jgosche wrote:Calm down ya'll. All of our final games are against playoff teams and Boston has a pretty easy schedule. And in the end, we don't even know if it's going to matter anyways for a number of reasons.

Let's step down from the ledge after getting one...er...win.

tell that to hennigan after he may have just lost his chance at a franchise player with this meaningless win

Lot of assumptions there. You're assuming:
A. This loss will affect our lottery standing by the end of the year. Chances are it won't.
B. That passing the Celtics will have a negative impact on where we pick.
C. Our franchise player is picked right before us by Boston.
D. We don't get another franchise player right after them.

If all those things happen, then yes, I will agree this is a terrible loss.

do you know how the lottery chances work? If you're going to suck, you better suck all kinds of suck and have the worst record possible. There is a clear separation between the top 4 picks in the draft and the rest. There is a consensus that the top 4 picks all could be franchise players (assuming parker declares)

assuming one of the better tankers gets lucky(obviously the lakers) and gets a top 3 pick, us boston and the next worst team all get screwed and we end up with randle/gordon or vonleh instead of one of the top 4.

of course i feel odd explaining this to you because you JUST stated that this loss wont affect our lottery standing by the end of the year. You dont understand then. It already has. We are now tied with Boston for the 3rd worst record and so we could end up with the 4th best odds via coin flip instead of being assured the 3rd best odds,
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#22 » by MellowRose » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:45 am

cb1115 wrote:FUDGE MUFFINS.

K I'm done.

Heyyy, stop overreacting.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#23 » by NEM » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:47 am

we really have this thread? WTF is wrong with you all? losing mentality breeds losers… i guess y'all have bought in
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
jgosche
Sixth Man
And1: 866

Post#24 » by jgosche » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:55 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:
jgosche wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:tell that to hennigan after he may have just lost his chance at a franchise player with this meaningless win

Lot of assumptions there. You're assuming:
A. This loss will affect our lottery standing by the end of the year. Chances are it won't.
B. That passing the Celtics will have a negative impact on where we pick.
C. Our franchise player is picked right before us by Boston.
D. We don't get another franchise player right after them.

If all those things happen, then yes, I will agree this is a terrible loss.

do you know how the lottery chances work? If you're going to suck, you better suck all kinds of suck and have the worst record possible. There is a clear separation between the top 4 picks in the draft and the rest. There is a consensus that the top 4 picks all could be franchise players (assuming parker declares)

assuming one of the better tankers gets lucky(obviously the lakers) and gets a top 3 pick, us boston and the next worst team all get screwed and we end up with randle/gordon or vonleh instead of one of the top 4.

of course i feel odd explaining this to you because you JUST stated that this loss wont affect our lottery standing by the end of the year. You dont understand then. It already has. We are now tied with Boston for the 3rd worst record and so we could end up with the 4th best odds via coin flip instead of being assured the 3rd best odds,

I understand perfectly, I guess you're just not really getting the point I'm making. It could affect our lottery standing by the end of the year, but I don't think it will. And even if it did, there's a lot of "if's" that would have to work against us if we're actually getting screwed over. Many of those "ifs" won't even be realized when the draft is over.

We didn't suddenly become a good team. Earlier this season we beat the Pacers and Thunder back to back and then went back to being bad. At worst, we win 1 more game and might have to flip a coin with Boston. But I honestly think we lose out and Boston takes the 4th spot and this loss doesn't even matter.

Or let's say Hennigan wants to draft Exum all along, and the Celtics draft Embiid. This loss didn't matter.

Or maybe the balls fall our way anyways and we end up picking ahead of them. This loss doesn't matter.

So, like I said, there's a lot of assumptions for Hennigan "losing his chance for a franchise player".
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#25 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:57 am

yea i get you're trying to say it's still up to probability, but you still WANT to maximize your probability, of course.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,149

Post#26 » by Def Swami » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:58 am

Silver lining? I'll try.

1. We're 19-20 at home. That's an improvement. If we could just carry that performance on the road, perhaps we'll be a playoff team next season. So this is encouraging.

2. The Hawks won. The win did help WoNK tonight. I know I'd much rather have our pick securely with the 3rd best odds, but we still have 2 lottery picks in this draft. The Hawks have been super sketchy at the end of this season, and I'm not sure how many more wins they'll be able to pony up; this might have been one of the few they could have capitalized on.
jgosche
Sixth Man
And1: 866

Post#27 » by jgosche » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:59 am

Well, yes I agree with that. I just don't agree with the severity of this win I guess.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,149

Post#28 » by Def Swami » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:00 am

**** it. It's gonna suck to have wasted this whole season and end up with the 5th or 6th pick.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#29 » by FFBlitzace » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:13 am

InFlames wrote:Image

And1'ing this because I love mtg.

But this thread sucks.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.

Return to Orlando Magic