ImageImageImageImage

Jameer

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Re: Jameer 

Post#21 » by ralphie9898 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:45 am

CraZyPraiZ wrote:Do you guys think that he should retire a Magician. I for one hope we keep him. Let him know he may come off the bench but keep him. Jameer needs to retire a Magician. He has been a team player throughout. I'd hate for him to go elsewhere. Thoughts?

Yeah I would like to have him back as a backup but in the end it is a business and he is making a bunch of money and we can waive him and save 6+ mill. If we can rework his deal or resign him then fine but that is questionable if he would come back after we waive him. In the end I think we waive him. I would love to have him back but I would be just fine with going for another younger PG to occupy his spot on the roster.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#22 » by ralphie9898 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:49 am

Nemesis21 wrote:Don't know when is contract is up, but I'd like to see him and Afflalo on this team next season.

His contract is only partially guaranteed next year and after that he is a free agent. We can waive him this offseason and only have 2 mill of his 8.6 mill salary count against the cap.
orthoman
Senior
And1: 207

Post#23 » by orthoman » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Agree we keep "BeerKeg", "MightyMidget", "MightyMouse" Nelson.
He has to accept the fact he's coming off the bench, PERIOD.
Loyalty is only true to a point: A player can be "loyal" to his team FOREVER; however, the question is really
is the aging player an asset, and have a defined role on a team. If management feels that the money is better
used in other ways, then of course, you can part ways with a player in an "honorable" fashion.
jonskilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 85

Post#24 » by jonskilly » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Jameer has been with Orlando for 10 full seasons. For those saying he isn't in our future - I don't fully understand. You don't win a championship with a roster full of 5 year old vets and younger. I'm pretty sure Jameer is fully aware that he is best suited for coming off the bench in this part of his career.

Personally, I don't see him as a ring chaser, so I'm thinking he will start and end his career on the same team.
Shaheen
Suspended

DMack78
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#25 » by DMack78 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Jameer will be a great back up for years to come but I think his starting days are over. When someone is loyal like he is you don't just kick him to the curb.
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#26 » by InFlames » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Keep him.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#27 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Pat Garrity was pretty loyal too and EVERYONE here wanted him gone haha. Enough with this loyalty talk. You all know your loyalty lies more so with the team than with any individual player when it comes down to it. Y'all starting to sound like Dwight lol.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Deadcellz
Senior
And1: 212

Post#28 » by Deadcellz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:40 pm

He stays, vet min

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#29 » by CraZyPraiZ » Thu May 1, 2014 3:27 am

tiderulz wrote:
CraZyPraiZ wrote:I definitely agree with eyriq. We complain about loyalty all the time. Jameer has been loyal. I hope we pick up his option and just have him come off the bench. I think he would be ok with that.

why do you think he would be ok with that? history has shown he has never really liked competition at the PG spot. I hope he would be okay and transition to a 6th man, but i havent seen anything from him to say he would be ok with it

I just think it's that time where he would consider it to remain an integral part of the team. I want Jameer here. Would love to see him be the first Magician that stayed here throughout his career.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,022

Post#30 » by Driguez » Thu May 1, 2014 3:56 am

I've said this before, but it really depends on what he wants and what he's willing to compromise on. I would love to see him retire a Magic, but I'm not sure he's ready to take a back seat yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using RealGM Forums mobile app
"We all we got"- SVG
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#31 » by TNMagicFan » Thu May 1, 2014 4:12 am

I hope Jameer retires a Magician and gets that front office job he wants . Starting next season he should be a back up though
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#32 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu May 1, 2014 4:49 am

the thing about nelson is, we may have to pick up his option to meet minimum salary if we strike out on players we really want.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,188

Post#33 » by cedric76 » Thu May 1, 2014 5:02 am

I hope we retire his jersey, he bleeds blue

Love meer but we need a big pg
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#34 » by ralphie9898 » Thu May 1, 2014 12:53 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:Do you guys think that he should retire a Magician. I for one hope we keep him. Let him know he may come off the bench but keep him. Jameer needs to retire a Magician. He has been a team player throughout. I'd hate for him to go elsewhere. Thoughts?

Yeah I like him and in a perfect world I would love to see him retire here. But you have to factor in everything. He is on the books for 8+ mill but it is only partially guaranteed. We very well could let him go for financial reasons. Not saying we would necessarily go for a free agent but we might do it to help facilitate a trade where we are taking on money(hopefully expiring deals rather than long term money). And I don't think it would be wise to pass up a trade of Nelson in which we get something for our future growth. Nelson isn't a part of our future as a player. Also if we add a couple PGs there may not be room for Jameer. But again we could keep him as we already have plenty of cap space and we don't necessarily have to waive him. There isn't much in free agency this year to spend on so we don't really need an extra 6 mill unless something comes up. But who knows. I could see it going either way with us waiving him, trading him, or just keeping him for the last year on his deal as options. I don't think he retires yet.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#35 » by ralphie9898 » Thu May 1, 2014 12:56 pm

Deadcellz wrote:He stays, vet min

He is under contract for 8+ mill for one more year. If we wanted to keep him at the vet min we wouldn't be able to do that this summer. It would have to be next summer.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#36 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu May 1, 2014 3:47 pm

Absolutely. There is no reason why he shouldn't. He's probably received the most undeserved / unwarranted hate I've ever seen a player get from his supposed fan base for no reason at all.

I guess if one considers being a good basketball player, a consummate professional, loyal and a good ambassador to the game a bad thing.

I hope he's playing the entire season here in Orlando next year and I hope he finishes his career here as a Magician.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#37 » by Nyce_1 » Thu May 1, 2014 4:09 pm

cedric76 wrote:I hope we retire his jersey, he bleeds blue

Love meer but we need a big pg

He bleeds green, like every other player in the league. And the only reason he wants to stay is because his family is comfortable here. That weighs a lot to a person.

I love Jameer and hope we keep him, but business will always be business, unfortunately.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#38 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 1, 2014 5:15 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:

He is under contract for 8+ mill for one more year. If we wanted to keep him at the vet min we wouldn't be able to do that this summer. It would have to be next summer.

Can we cut him for the $2 mil cap hit then resign him for $2 mil for this season. Hence, we save $4 mil on the cap?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#39 » by tranjSAIC » Thu May 1, 2014 5:21 pm

JF5 wrote:Keep him... I don't understand the Jameer hate in my opinion. He's THE Veteran on this team the young guys look up to. A young team can't grow without it. And he's a very good influence. He's done alot for this organization and actually wants to be here. Don't throw him aside like that.

The hate on Jameer is we overplay him, if he was a backup and the young guys got more game time in then I don't think there would be too much hate.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#40 » by Nyce_1 » Thu May 1, 2014 5:29 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:

Can we cut him for the $2 mil cap hit then resign him for $2 mil for this season. Hence, we save $4 mil on the cap?

Yep. Very possible.

Return to Orlando Magic