ImageImageImageImage

The Dante Exum Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Re: The Dante Exum Thread 

Post#1121 » by Hogified05 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:04 am

Ha as silly as it is the commercials really do make me want us to pick him even more. Even if he doesn't become this great player, I expect him to do just fine, I'd rather root for people I like. He seems to genuinely be smart and have a pretty good personality. He probably doesn't have that air of entitlement most US basketball prospects have that have been drooled over since middle school. Here is too hoping.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#1122 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Danté Exum Had Brain Mapped Ahead Of Draft

Leading into the NBA Draft, Danté Exum went through a mental and physical evaluation with the Red Bull High Performance team. As part of the testing in the laboratory and on the basketball court, Exum was graded in the areas of aerobic capacity, blood pressure, core power, mental sharpness via brain mapping, mobility and reaction to on-court adversity.

During the assessment, Exum sat in a chair wearing a cap with brain-monitoring sensors. Exum’s brain activity was measured at rest; with minimal engagement; and then while playing a video game. This was all done to benchmark Exum at different states of activity. The next phase of testing put Exum on the basketball court, wearing specialized headphones equipped with brain monitoring technology. He was asked to shoot free throws with crowd noise pumped into his ears. There was screaming, booing and cheering, all at different volumes and intensities. Strobe lights pulsed at irregular rhythms and flashed from behind the backboard. Turns out, as the distractions built up, Exum grew more focused and his shot became more precise.

The assembled team for Exum included experts in sports psychology, nutrition, athletic training, and exercise physiology. The Red Bull High Performance Program launched in 2007 and it supports athletes through individually tailored fitness, nutritional, and mental training.

“Athletes sit down with us and tell us their goals and dreams, and we set up a program to support that in the best way possible,” says Andy Walshe, Director, Red Bull High Performance.

"They know me as an Australian," says Exum in the video. "When they see me, they just know me as a mystery. No one knew who I was a year and a half ago. I'm sure they'll know I am."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... d-Of-Draft

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuEVo288Z9Y[/youtube]
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#1123 » by orlando1214 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Zmill wrote:Danté Exum Had Brain Mapped Ahead Of Draft

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... d-Of-Draft

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuEVo288Z9Y[/youtube]

Cool video, and interesting stuff. I kept thinking through the video how skinny Exum is, especially his legs. Hope he can bulk up as he gets older. lol. Love seeing him do all these things though, including the cheesy but funny footlocker commercials. I can see why his interviews have apparently gone so well with NBA teams, he seems very smart and like he has a good sense of humor, hard not to like him. Now hopefully we will get lucky and he'll be on the Magic after Thursday night!
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1124 » by OrlandO » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:03 pm

chad ford: one general manager told me "he's the closest that i've seen to a young kobe bryant"
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,514

Post#1125 » by DiplomaticMagic » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:09 pm

I am going to be so depressed when we don't leave the draft with this guy

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#1126 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:12 pm

I am going to be so happy when we leave the draft without this guy!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Tayswagzzz
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#1127 » by Tayswagzzz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:14 pm

A team in the top 3 is going to pick Exum above us. Just got a horrible feeling about it. :|
Orlando Magic | Atlanta Braves | Florida State
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#1128 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:18 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I am going to be so happy when we leave the draft without this guy!

I am going to be so happy when Exum turns into a star and we all get to ride your ass about it until the end of time. :lol:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#1129 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:23 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I am going to be so happy when we leave the draft without this guy!

I am going to be so happy when Exum turns into a star and we all get to ride your ass about it until the end of time. :lol:

When Exum turns out to be Ish Smith incarnate then I will ride all your arses about it until the end of time! :lol:

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,145

Post#1130 » by Def Swami » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:25 pm

OrlandO wrote:chad ford: one general manager told me "he's the closest that i've seen to a young kobe bryant"

Greeeeaaat... while I don't agree, reading stuff like this just makes me more sad.
Tayswagzzz
Analyst

Post#1131 » by Tayswagzzz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Exum gonna prove BMP wrong!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#1132 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Def Swami wrote:
OrlandO wrote:chad ford: one general manager told me "he's the closest that i've seen to a young kobe bryant"

Greeeeaaat... while I don't agree, reading stuff like this just makes me more sad.

One of the top 3 teams GM's probably posted this to get better trade offers.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,145

Post#1133 » by Def Swami » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:31 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Def Swami wrote:

You're probably right. I would do the same if I were the Sixers.
Tayswagzzz
Analyst

Post#1134 » by Tayswagzzz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:33 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Def Swami wrote:

Lol I loved It when Stan commented on the "source" guy in an interview...dang...I miss SVG. :'(
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#1135 » by Skin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:40 pm

That GM was reading my mind.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1136 » by OrlandO » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:46 am

Exum in NY for the draft

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbfEMjXzxxc[/youtube]
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#1137 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:23 am

Thought this was a good article that pretty well summarized Exum as a human being.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/ ... an-mystery
BelgianMagic
Head Coach
And1: 130

Post#1138 » by BelgianMagic » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:42 am

Man I really hope we get this guy tomorrow
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#1139 » by basketballRob » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:57 am

basketballRob wrote:I think giving that Parker, Embiid, and Wiggins are the top 3. It will be a tough choice between Gordon and Exum. I expect Gordon to get higher and higher on the mock draft boards similar to the way Oladipo did last year after the NBA combine. Compare Gordon to Blake Griffin. Gordon was a year younger as a freshman than Griffin so if Gordon played 2 more years he may of had the same impact as Griffin in college. Gordon is an inch shorter but still only 18 and possibly still growing and has grown an 1 1/2 in the past year. Gordon has a bigger wingspan than Griffin, the same standing reach, and a better vertical. If we drafted Gordon it would open the door to draft a two or a one with the second pick.

I tried to make a case for Gordon! This is from May 25th.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#1140 » by basketballRob » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:10 am

Baller2014 wrote:Oladipo was always in the running for 2nd, and in advance of the draft I strongly felt he was going #2. A lot of the mock drafts agreed, for what that is worth. Gordon has major, major, non-fixable problems with his game. It's a fantasy to think he is going ahead of sure things like Smart. He's basically projecting as Kenneth Faried at this point (albeit a rich mans version if he's lucky). He insisted all last year he was a small forward, but when he tried to show it off it was a huge disaster. He can't shoot, he has no handles or offensive game to speak of. Similarly, he has no offensive game for the 4 spot, it's all put backs and the like. He isn't especially big either. He's a major, major project. No chance he goes top 4.

I guess Henny liked him.

Return to Orlando Magic