ImageImageImageImage

2014 Prospects Full Game Links (A. GORDON/E. PAYTON)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,505

Re: 2014 Prospects Full Game Links (A. GORDON/E. PAYTON) 

Post#101 » by doct3r dr3 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 11:53 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:There is also this game from Payton. No sound and only 1 camera angle, but still watchable. Payton hits 2 clutch 3's at the end.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yROsioqwCPg[/youtube]

Nice find, added to OP! (Along with youtube link for Aaron Gordon vs. Duke, 11/29)
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#102 » by Orlwillbeback » Tue Aug 5, 2014 1:51 am

so the georgia state shooting guard that payton guarded in the sun belt championship game, RJ Hunter, is ranked 14th on espn's pre season mock draft.

Payton shut him down.
Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#103 » by Truth24 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:33 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:so the georgia state shooting guard that payton guarded in the sun belt championship game, RJ Hunter, is ranked 14th on espn's pre season mock draft.

Payton shut him down.

RJ is an elite 3 point shooter and has been lighting up all summer and at the LeBron camp, he cant do much else but he is without a doubt a great shooter.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#104 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:51 pm

I am not really concerned about Paytons scoring ability long term. I don't expect Rookies to walk in the door playing basketball at an elite level right off the bat. Most players I expect to develop into solid starters. Payton is no exception. I think he will be fine on offense down the road and people are just over-reacting because they expect every starting PG to be the next Lilliard or Derrick Rose. FYI. Meer was never an elite 3 point shooter.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,401

Post#105 » by Bensational » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:59 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:I am not really concerned about Paytons scoring ability long term. I don't expect Rookies to walk in the door playing basketball at an elite level right off the bat. Most players I expect to develop into solid starters. Payton is no exception. I think he will be fine on offense down the road and people are just over-reacting because they expect every starting PG to be the next Lilliard or Derrick Rose. FYI. Meer was never an elite 3 point shooter.

what are people overreacting to? we haven't seen anything from him since summer league, and his confidence seemed to grow by the game there.

i think Payton will be fine this season. perfectly serviceable starter. 10-14ppg, 6-8apg.

i can see him having a career year at some point, being a 20ppg scorer. might only be a 1 off, but he'll do it at some point, IMO.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#106 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 8, 2014 2:10 pm

Bensational wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I am not really concerned about Paytons scoring ability long term. I don't expect Rookies to walk in the door playing basketball at an elite level right off the bat. Most players I expect to develop into solid starters. Payton is no exception. I think he will be fine on offense down the road and people are just over-reacting because they expect every starting PG to be the next Lilliard or Derrick Rose. FYI. Meer was never an elite 3 point shooter.

what are people overreacting to? we haven't seen anything from him since summer league, and his confidence seemed to grow by the game there.

i think Payton will be fine this season. perfectly serviceable starter. 10-14ppg, 6-8apg.

i can see him having a career year at some point, being a 20ppg scorer. might only be a 1 off, but he'll do it at some point, IMO.

I think Payton is not some refined scoring machine. He is fairly below par on shooting accuracy and won't take that many shots when you have Dipo, Harris and Vooch in there whom are all proven scorers. I am thinking 12-14ppg at best, but his assist numbers should definitely be over 5apg if not 6 or 7. I would love to see more than 1.5spg to boot. Now, that would be a fantastic rookie season.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Vincent_Askew
Banned User
And1: 247

Post#107 » by Vincent_Askew » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:50 am

Isn't Gary Payton who he's being compared to?

Remember, GP started his career off with a very disappointing rookie year after being the 2nd pick as a 4-year college player....but then gradually turned into a demonic monster from hell of death (in a good way).

So be patient with Elfrid.

*twerks*
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#108 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Vincent_Askew wrote:

Isn't Gary Payton who he's being compared to?

Remember, GP started his career off with a very disappointing rookie year after being the 2nd pick as a 4-year college player....but then gradually turned into a demonic monster from hell of death (in a good way).

So be patient with Elfrid.

*twerks*

No problems with EP from me. I don't have extremely high expectations from him. I know he is a long term solution and will be a solid player for years already.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic