ImageImageImageImage

Official Erie BayHawks Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Re: Official Erie BayHawks Thread 

Post#21 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Jul 5, 2014 5:48 am

Scott Suggs is on the Magic's Summer League roster:
http://www.magicbasketballonline.com/20 ... ott-suggs/
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L06p5uX54CQ[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgrvmFvLIm4[/youtube]
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#22 » by OrlandoMagic » Sun Jul 6, 2014 8:50 pm

Can't say I've been keeping up with our new D-League team. However i remember reading a quick note saying the Magic would like to relocate them closer to Orlando. Can anyone confirm this, and if so anyone have a time frame when it could happen and possible where?
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,969

Post#23 » by KillMonger » Mon Jul 7, 2014 12:09 pm

I can see AG spending some time here possibly and Elf too

Sent from my Nexus 5 using RealGM Forums mobile app
shinoff2183
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#24 » by shinoff2183 » Mon Jul 7, 2014 2:33 pm

Living in erie, I havent heard anything about a relocation.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#25 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:18 pm

Really hoping we find a way to lock up Osby, Marble, and Curry and start them full time in Erie. Give them a chance to develop in our system and play a ton of minutes.
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#26 » by crazytown » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:12 am

Wow. I'm a fool. For a second I thought Erie Bayhawks was an undrafted rookie we picked up. I was expecting youtube highlights on here :oops: :tooth
tillyoubleed
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#27 » by tillyoubleed » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:49 pm

It would make sense to have the team closer to the pro team. Where would be an ideal location? Jax? Tampa?
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#28 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:09 pm

It is rumored that Hennigan wants his D-League team in Jacksonville but that it's unlikely to happen for at least a few years.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#29 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:39 pm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o ... ?track=rss

Sounds like we are really starting to look for our D-League coach.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#30 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 334

Post#31 » by Mad Guru » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:40 am

This is the kind of long term vision I like yo see the Magic engaged in. In the future I expect D league teams to become more and more like secondary proxies for NBA teams. Suddenly those 2nd round picks that get chosen and never heard from again are joining a roster of experienced guys waiting to be called up and help out the team if an injury occures. Guys like Osby and Marble would play together and develop chemistry throughout what would be their rookie and sophomore seasons, gaining experience and staying fresh working on their games and getting paid. Relocate them in-state and allow fans to see the teams picks in person while hoping they end up on the magic one day.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#32 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:14 pm

Mad Guru wrote:This is the kind of long term vision I like yo see the Magic engaged in. In the future I expect D league teams to become more and more like secondary proxies for NBA teams. Suddenly those 2nd round picks that get chosen and never heard from again are joining a roster of experienced guys waiting to be called up and help out the team if an injury occures. Guys like Osby and Marble would play together and develop chemistry throughout what would be their rookie and sophomore seasons, gaining experience and staying fresh working on their games and getting paid. Relocate them in-state and allow fans to see the teams picks in person while hoping they end up on the magic one day.

Agree 100%.

In addition, I really hope our fan base is extremely supportive. It would be great to see this franchise relocated to Jacksonville.

Also, you would have to think that whoever we choose to be the coach...they would also be the summer league coach going forward. I love the multi-franchise/team consistency that this allows us to have.
shinoff2183
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#33 » by shinoff2183 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Can you guys stop wanting them to re locate Its all I have up here.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#34 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:11 pm

shinoff2183 wrote:Can you guys stop wanting them to re locate Its all I have up here.

Haha, sorry man. Henny wants them close to home...it is going to happen, just a matter of when. I think it will end up being Jacksonville.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#35 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:30 pm

The first real story in terms of our affiliation with the BayHawks. It appears we are bringing in Darren White for a workout. He would likely be placed on the BayHawks roster, as he made 44 appearances with them last year.

White, a 6-foot-3 guard, averaged 21.8 points, 7.2 rebounds, 1.8 assists, and two steals per game for the Fighting Camels in the 2012/13 season. He made 44 appearances for the Erie BayHawks in 2013/14, averaging 6.6 points and 2.9 rebounds per game on 52.1 percent shooting from the floor.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/20 ... s-campbell

Potentially the starting guard for our D-League team?
Go Magic
Junior
And1: 122

Post#36 » by Go Magic » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:29 pm

shinoff2183 wrote:Living in erie, I havent heard anything about a relocation.

Ehh Im sincerely sorry for you. I lived there for half a year around 2006. Maybe its because Im used to Daytona Beach but that place was miserable. A friend of mine thought it would be a good idea to move up there because it is where he was from and had family there. I worked at a foundry for a few days and thought the labor for 8 bucks an hour was a joke. So I went to work at West answering phones and that wasn't much better. Nonetheless, I hope the economy has gotten better there for the sake of our D-leaguers and fans.
tooler wrote:Our team is like a greenhouse with a few wise old horticulturalists. Everyone has a chance to grow.

Orlwillbeback wrote:Exum has shown me more in his draftexpress video than wiggins has shown all year. wiggins just isnt that good.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#37 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:21 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:This is the kind of long term vision I like yo see the Magic engaged in. In the future I expect D league teams to become more and more like secondary proxies for NBA teams. Suddenly those 2nd round picks that get chosen and never heard from again are joining a roster of experienced guys waiting to be called up and help out the team if an injury occures. Guys like Osby and Marble would play together and develop chemistry throughout what would be their rookie and sophomore seasons, gaining experience and staying fresh working on their games and getting paid. Relocate them in-state and allow fans to see the teams picks in person while hoping they end up on the magic one day.

Agree 100%.

In addition, I really hope our fan base is extremely supportive. It would be great to see this franchise relocated to Jacksonville.

Also, you would have to think that whoever we choose to be the coach...they would also be the summer league coach going forward. I love the multi-franchise/team consistency that this allows us to have.

it isnt just about moving a team closer. How many other D-League teams are close? You dont see those types of teams flying charter planes all over the country, they are taking buses to different cities. I personally dont know of any D-League teams in the southeast. You have your minor league team where they can play other minor league teams.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#38 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:12 pm

tiderulz wrote:
LBPTarHeel27 wrote:

Agree 100%.

it isnt just about moving a team closer. How many other D-League teams are close? You dont see those types of teams flying charter planes all over the country, they are taking buses to different cities. I personally dont know of any D-League teams in the southeast. You have your minor league team where they can play other minor league teams.

There are a few teams in Texas but that is as close as it gets at this point. However, the D-League is going to expand...it'd make sense for the next region to be the south east since the west and central are pretty well covered. It wouldn't be a quick process to relocate so hopefully by the time those plans actually take form, there's also plans to expand down here.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#39 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:57 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:The first real story in terms of our affiliation with the BayHawks. It appears we are bringing in Darren White for a workout. He would likely be placed on the BayHawks roster, as he made 44 appearances with them last year.

White, a 6-foot-3 guard, averaged 21.8 points, 7.2 rebounds, 1.8 assists, and two steals per game for the Fighting Camels in the 2012/13 season. He made 44 appearances for the Erie BayHawks in 2013/14, averaging 6.6 points and 2.9 rebounds per game on 52.1 percent shooting from the floor.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/20 ... s-campbell

Potentially the starting guard for our D-League team?

Did anyone miss this???? Fighting Camels?????? hahahahahahaha
aka: prorl
BleedTeal
Freshman
And1: 24

Re: Erie BayHawks - Magic to Work Out Darren White, Pg 2 

Post#40 » by BleedTeal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Fighting Camels. . . wait. . . no what? Isn't there a minor league baseball team called the Biscuits too? Who hired these people?

Return to Orlando Magic