ImageImageImageImage

Official Erie BayHawks Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Re: Erie BayHawks - How the BH Can Benefit the Magic, Pg. 3 

Post#61 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Reports are saying that we are likely to announce the head coach soon but there's no indication as to who it is.
rb1magicfan
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#62 » by rb1magicfan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:59 pm

I understand that my post taken at face value may have sounded like I was down on Gordon and Marble but I truly am not.I think Gordon is going to surprise a lot of people including the so called experts.I think he will get playing time with the Magic and will improve his skills through out the year.Aaron will make some big plays for us this year on both ends of the floor and hustle is contagious.Marble in my opinion will be another Kyle OQuin as in a great pick at the end of the second round who will help this team a lot.I also understand the stigma associated with sending a high draft pick down to the D League.However I believe Rob and the Magic brass want this D league team to be different. They want it to be a highly integrated part of what they do both now and in the future. That is why I believe they want to lay the tracks this year.When they drafted Gordon so high a huge part of that was his maturity and great attitude about doing what ever it takes to get better.Several magic personnel have talked about placing the best young developmental coaches to help develop all of are young talent.I am just really excited for this season and all the new possibilities surrounding this team! Go Magic!!!
KokoKaizer
Sixth Man
And1: 2,153

Post#63 » by KokoKaizer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:15 pm

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,890

Post#64 » by drsd » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Former scout for the Mavericks is exactly the type of guy the Head office in Orlando needs to lead the Erie team. In this way I expect Peterson to be much closer to GM Hennigan than Coach Vaughn. Good.

T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 427

Post#65 » by T-Cat » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:21 pm

I fully expect Gordon and Payton to spend time down there early in the season.

IMO Rob wants to get max value out of these current guys on the roster like Harkless, Harris, Nicholson and etc. to help their trade value. Thus they would take away time from A. Gordon.

Maybe Rob has his eye on a player he may want to acquire if he can't see himself signing Harris and Vucevic to longer term deals after the season! (Especially if they both lack defensively)

We have so many options, so many ways to get better this year while Victor has an All Star type year. 8-)
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,967

Post#66 » by KillMonger » Wed Sep 3, 2014 8:20 pm

T-Cat wrote:I fully expect Gordon and Payton to spend time down there early in the season.

IMO Rob wants to get max value out of these current guys on the roster like Harkless, Harris, Nicholson and etc. to help their trade value. Thus they would take away time from A. Gordon.

Maybe Rob has his eye on a player he may want to acquire if he can't see himself signing Harris and Vucevic to longer term deals after the season! (Especially if they both lack defensively)

We have so many options, so many ways to get better this year while Victor has an All Star type year. 8-)

doubt that's the case
drsd
RealGM

Post#67 » by drsd » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:26 am

T-Cat wrote:I fully expect Gordon and Payton to spend time down there early in the season.

Peyton Siva is being signed by Orlando to be released such that Erie owns his rights. I am expecting a similar deal for Seth Curry. Not sure what to make about the intentions the Magic have for Drew Crawford. This could be the three allocated slots the Magic get in Erie.

Devyn Marble and Dewayne Dedmon might consider getting Pennsylvania driver's licenses as I cannot see them spending a great deal of the Florida pay in state this year.

That's five players with strong Orlando ties. From there, no I cannot in any way see Payton of Gordon-A getting D-league time. The above up-to-five guys need their minutes and Payton of Gordon-A would serve only to chip away at valuable training time for Siva, Curry, Marble, and Dedmon (and perhaps ) Crawford. Dedmon in particular looks to get quite a few calls up if he goes to the D-league.

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,131

Post#68 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Oct 2, 2014 8:55 pm

I wonder if they will send AN to Erie if its clear he is the odd man out.
aka: prorl
drsd
RealGM

Post#69 » by drsd » Thu Oct 2, 2014 9:56 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:I wonder if they will send AN to Erie if its clear he is the odd man out.

If Nicholson is not averaging more than 10 mpg, he needs to be traded or waived. Sending him to the D-league does not obviously help him or Orlando.

NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Post#70 » by NuWarriors » Tue Oct 7, 2014 6:31 pm

Seth Curry was just traded to Erie for Scott Suggs and a 1st round pick... the Santa Cruz Warrriors still owned his rights. Looks like Orlando is wanting to keep him around and develop him. Hope he can contribute for you guys...
FRESHsince1983
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#71 » by FRESHsince1983 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 9:57 pm

Was going to post that earlier about Seth Curry trade #Assets and they keep hating on Henny smh

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,131

Post#72 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Oct 8, 2014 2:23 pm

FRESHsince1983 wrote:Was going to post that earlier about Seth Curry trade #Assets and they keep hating on Henny smh

We already won. That's it, its over. Just give us the NBDL title already. Its gonna look nice sitting next to our NBA title. :D
aka: prorl
drsd
RealGM

Post#73 » by drsd » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:02 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:We already won. That's it, its over. Just give us the NBDL title already. Its gonna look nice sitting next to our NBA title. :D

Given that Orlando is to place 2 or 3 marginal NBA talents on the team full time, and might add a 4th in Dedmon, yes Erie might be the most talented D-league team ever. Seriously the Bay Hawks could be competitive with the Sixers in a 7-game series.

tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Re: Erie BayHawks - Welcome Peyton Siva! 

Post#74 » by tooler » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:53 am

rb1magicfan wrote:...so we will probably send down Marble, Gordon and Dedmon for short periods to work on specific skills IE agility, shoting post moves ect.

Do you want to give the BayHawks the bad news, or should I? :P
drsd
RealGM

Post#75 » by drsd » Mon Nov 3, 2014 3:42 pm

With no 1st round pick, Erie added Daniel Coursey (2nd-20), John Bohannon (2nd-25), Lenzelle Smith (3-38) and 4-scrubs to their fab-four.

The 11 man roster is complete.

LINK
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#76 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Nov 8, 2014 4:44 pm

Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#77 » by fendilim » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:18 am

ANY NEWS OR UPDATES ABOUT THESE PROJECTS?
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#78 » by MoMM » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:11 pm

http://dleague.nba.com/news/prospectwatch/

1. Seth Curry, G, Erie BayHawks
Got better as his rookie year went along and shined during Summer League. Has complete offensive arsenal but defense, athleticism remain question marks.
This week: Appears to have reached a comfort zone at the D-League level that makes him one of the league’s top offensive threats. Scored 49 points in two games while playing off the ball more.

12. Peyton Siva, G, Erie BayHawks
Decorated college player who got little opportunity as a rookie. Defensive ball-hawk who can energize a second unit. May struggle to transition offensively to NBA due to size.
This week: Was a playmaker on both ends — the Stampede couldn’t keep him out of the paint. Still limited as a scorer but posted 8 rebounds, 15 assists, 4 steals on Sunday.

We are 3-0.
Full stats: http://www.nba.com/dleague/erie/statistics/
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#79 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:59 am

How come RDM isn't playing on this team, instead of not playing at all under JV?
Swish28
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#80 » by Swish28 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:How come RDM isn't playing on this team, instead of not playing at all under JV?

He is injured right now, but I agree that he should get some time in the dleague.

Return to Orlando Magic