ImageImageImageImage

Vucevic a candidate to be traded?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Magixrok
Junior
And1: 118

Re: Vucevic a candidate to be traded? 

Post#121 » by Magixrok » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:04 am

OrlDave wrote:
burninglegs wrote:
Why does Vuc need to run on a fastbreak when we have Payton, Oladipo, Harris and Gordon to do that?

I was going to say this, but you did. Seriously people, how many high flying dunkers do you need on a break? 80% of our starting lineup will be running and Vuc will be starting it with the rebound.

+1000

to add, getting the rebound is the most important and first step to the fast break. Vooch is the best at it.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#122 » by Skin » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:11 am

SOUL wrote:There is 0 incentive to do that...

But what if Rob decides he wants Monroe over Vucci? What if Monroe declines our offer unless he's assurred a starting spot? DET can match our offer and prevent us from getting Monroe so we have to entice them enough to let him go. I really wouldn't be so mad about it.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Koorverfor3
Sophomore

Post#123 » by Koorverfor3 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:17 am

This is going to sound extremely pre mature and it is.
But Demarcus Cousins is someone who's always been known to be thrown around in trade rumors every year..he just signed an extension recently and will most likely give his new owners and GM benefit of the doubt. But still..his attitude problems stem from him simply wanting to win.

Lets say the Kings struggle to break the bottom 10 for another season or two..he might realize Sacramento is killing his career and request a trade.
Orlando has so many assets its ridiculous you can conceivably offer Vucevic, Nicholson, and Tobias Harris Or Moe Harkless obtain a franchise level talent all while keeping your top 3 players.

What's my point..thats my argument for keeping Vuc haha
"I just told myself whoever was guarding me I was gonna destroy them" D'Angelo Russell said.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#124 » by MagicFan32 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:25 am

Skin wrote:

But what if Rob decides he wants Monroe over Vucci? What if Monroe declines our offer unless he's assurred a starting spot? DET can match our offer and prevent us from getting Monroe so we have to entice them enough to let him go. I really wouldn't be so mad about it.

then we need to start questioning rob's ability to evaluate bigs, because there isn't much out there that shows monroe is even as good as vucevic, much less an upgrade
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#125 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:29 am

Koorverfor3 wrote:This is going to sound extremely pre mature and it is.
But Demarcus Cousins is someone who's always been known to be thrown around in trade rumors every year..he just signed an extension recently and will most likely give his new owners and GM benefit of the doubt. But still..his attitude problems stem from him simply wanting to win.

Lets say the Kings struggle to break the bottom 10 for another season or two..he might realize Sacramento is killing his career and request a trade.
Orlando has so many assets its ridiculous you can conceivably offer Vucevic, Nicholson, and Tobias Harris Or Moe Harkless obtain a franchise level talent all while keeping your top 3 players.

What's my point..thats my argument for keeping Vuc haha

cousins is the last kind of personality that henny likes.
Skin
RealGM

Post#126 » by Skin » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:29 am

MagicFan32 wrote:
Skin wrote:

then we need to start questioning rob's ability to evaluate bigs, because there isn't much out there that shows monroe is even as good as vucevic, much less an upgrade

That's more arguable than factual.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MagicFan32
RealGM

Post#127 » by MagicFan32 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:34 am

Skin wrote:That's more arguable than factual.

i'm all ears
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#128 » by KillMonger » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:41 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:I'll just leave this here:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2mZ-9g4P_g[/youtube]

Man, he destroyed the clippers and we wasn't feeding him like he should be fed.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,528

Post#129 » by SOUL » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:45 am

I went to one game this year and he easily was the best player on the court. He shouldn't be traded. His lack of defense is overstated since he doesn't block shots .. he's not David Lee. That being said he wasn't Dwight level - but he's 7'0 FFS!
Magixrok
Junior

Post#130 » by Magixrok » Wed Jul 2, 2014 2:01 am

Big Boss wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:I'll just leave this here:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2mZ-9g4P_g[/youtube]

Man, he destroyed the clippers and we wasn't feeding him like he should be fed.

Yeh, people really not understanding what we have in Vooch. And hes just going to get better. Monroe? GTFO! lol..
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#131 » by Bensational » Wed Jul 2, 2014 2:11 am

Vuc does fit what this team is doing though. He rebounds, he passes, he's versatile offensively and he plays his role within the team.

I don't think that Vuc is the be all and end all of C's, but I'm not sure I see many candidates who are clear upgrades over him, either.
Skin
RealGM

Post#132 » by Skin » Wed Jul 2, 2014 2:25 am

MagicFan32 wrote:

i'm all ears

How about we start with Monroe being more explosive, athletic and having a much better handle. I'd also give the edge to Monroe as a passer. I think they are equals in rebounding and defense. Vuc probably trumps him in FT%, but I haven't looked. Offense is probably a push too.

OK, your turn. :D

You very well could be right, so I think this is a worthy discussion.
MagicFan32
RealGM

Post#133 » by MagicFan32 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 2:45 am

Skin wrote:
MagicFan32 wrote:

i'm all ears

How about we start with Monroe being more explosive, athletic and having a much better handle. I'd also give the edge to Monroe as a passer. I think they are equals in rebounding and defense. Vuc probably trumps him in FT%, but I haven't looked. Offense is probably a push too.

OK, your turn. :D

You very well could be right, so I think this is a worthy discussion.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ogr01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... vni01.html

well first, vucevic has more range, monroe scores well around the basket, whereas vucevic shoots better than him from every length of the floor. per36 monroe and vucci put up similar assist numbers, and i don't think we've come anywhere close to utilizing his ability as a passer, 2 years ago monroe did put up almost 4 assists a game so that roster in detroit didn't do him any favors

vucevic had a fairly significant edge in rebound rate and rebounding overall

when you consider it will take a near max to even get detroit to think about letting monroe go, i would much rather keep vucevic

if we had a clear upgrade on vucci that would be one thing, but i think we could better use our money in other areas right now
aol4532 on bill russell
burninglegs
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#134 » by burninglegs » Wed Jul 2, 2014 2:54 am

I'm just saddened by all the "blinded" Magic fans on here that can't see the good thing that we have in front of us in Vuc. He is exactly what we want and need. You don't just trade that away.
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#135 » by ralphie9898 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:58 am

AshBlackstone wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
AshBlackstone wrote:

It's heading towards an uptempo style. And I don't really believe Gordon is going to be a combo with Vucevic, because nothing about his game says he's going to play the 4 that much. It's just speculation on our part.

He's drawing comparisons to Kemp, and Blake Griffin...and those aren't even remotely accurate comparisons. Both of those guys were significantly heavier on draft day, had much more refined post games, and did not have Gordon's passing ability.

Aaron Gordon's skill set is that of a small forward. But you are right about the future being bright, and for that I am thankful.

Gordon doesn't shoot it that well. So he doesn't fit the SF role that well. If he improves his shot then he has the chance to be an elite player but right now it may be better to put him at PF where shooting ability isn't as important. He can guard both 3s and 4s so defensively he is fine. And he is a good ball handler but that doesn't mean he has too play SF.

Lebron James didn't shoot it that well when he came into the league. It is not uncommon for super athletic wing players at his age to be poor shooters.

Did you just compare Gordon to Lebron? Lebron may not be Ray Allen but he was a better shooter than Gordon was. And again he is a combo forward. He isn't really ideally suited for either spot. But I think he will get as much time at PF as he will at SF this year. We will look to try and see where he fits best and if he can improve his shooting.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#136 » by ralphie9898 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 4:06 am

tiderulz wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:Vuc could be traded but i would want quality back.

Lets say for hypotheticals we have a chance to draft one of the many solid center prospects in next years draft. Maybe one of the kentucky guys(if i saw right they have atleast 2 that should go high if they declare).

Trade vuc for an athletic defensive big similiar to ibaka.

Sent from my LG-E980 using RealGM Forums mobile app

good idea. Unfortunately, every other team is looking for that athletic defensive big man, and there arent any out there.

ad far s free agents go or getting one in a trade I agree but the draft next year could be loaded on big men. You got guys like Jahlil Okafor, Karl Towns, Myles Turner, Wiley Cauley-Stein and Dakari Johnson. It is possible that we end up with one of these guys. And that guy might be an option that is better for us at center than Vuc. Maybe not right away for some of those guys as they do to grow but if we somehow win the lottery and nab Okafor I could see us looking at trade scenarios for Vuc. But also there is a couple guys that could become free agents next year headlined by Marc Gasol. So we shall see.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Post#137 » by TDJacksonville » Wed Jul 2, 2014 4:10 am

ralphie9898 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Lets say for hypotheticals we have a chance to draft one of the many solid center prospects in next years draft. Maybe one of the kentucky guys(if i saw right they have atleast 2 that should go high if they declare).

good idea. Unfortunately, every other team is looking for that athletic defensive big man, and there arent any out there.

ad far s free agents go or getting one in a trade I agree but the draft next year could be loaded on big men. You got guys like Jahlil Okafor, Karl Towns, Myles Turner, Wiley Cauley-Stein and Dakari Johnson. It is possible that we end up with one of these guys. And that guy might be an option that is better for us at center than Vuc. Maybe not right away for some of those guys as they do to grow but if we somehow win the lottery and nab Okafor I could see us looking at trade scenarios for Vuc. But also there is a couple guys that could become free agents next year headlined by Marc Gasol. So we shall see.
i agree. We will see what henny plans to do. I wouldnt mind getting something like david robinson and tim duncan front court. Play gordan at 3. Harris at 6th man. Vuch at 4

Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#138 » by ralphie9898 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 4:14 am

TDJacksonville wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

trade vuc plus for ibaka. I mean we could take back perkins deal. Send them a 1st.

There is almost no chance we are trading Vuc this year. There isn't a big man out there in free agency this year that would even be close to being better than Vuc. Next year maybe but Perkins contract expires after the 2014-15 season so OKC wouldn't be able to trade him. And OKC isn't looking to move Ibaka. Perkins contract is expiring so it isn't that toxic to them anymore. A future pick doesn't offer that much value to them as they are in win now mode. Plus I don't think we would trade next years first and would probably want to put some protection on it which further makes it less desirable to OKC.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#139 » by ralphie9898 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 4:22 am

AshBlackstone wrote:
Magic#1 wrote:I. Just. Don't. Get. It.
Seriously, why don't people see how good this guy is? Do you want a superstar perfect player at every position? We got a stud in Vooch. There are very few players who do what he does. If DeAndre Jordan wasn't playing with Griffin or Paul, there's no way you'd want to trade him for Vooch. Nik wants to be here, plays hard, and is one of the better skilled centers in the league. Let's really take a look at every other starting center in the league and see who doesn't measure up.
Atlanta-Horford. Obviously Horf is better but he is a more natural power forward.
Boston-Sullinger/Olynk/Vitor--Vooch clearly better
Brooklyn--Lopez--is he healthy? Would you take that chance?
Charlotte-AlJeff-Yes, Jefferson is better.
Chicago-Noah--Noah is better
Cleveland-Varejao-I'm sure Cleveland would trade Varejao for Vooch.
Dallas-Chandler--Vooch is better at this point in their career.
Denver-Mozgov/Hickson/McGhee--Vooch is better. Please don't tell me you'd want McGhee because he can block shots.
Detroit--Drummond--Drummond should pass Vooch this year.
Golden State-Lee/Bogut--Tough call. Bogut could be more valuable when healthy.
Houston-Dwight. Okay. I get it.
Indiana--Hibbert. Tough call considering the inconsistency here but we know that Hibbert can be an all-star level center. He also is more experienced than Vooch though.
Clippers-Jordan. I'd take Vooch's overall game and a few less rebounds and blocks over Jordan. Plus, you don't have to worry about free throws.
Lakers--Hill--no competition.
Memphis--Gasol. This is closer than I think people realize, but Gasol is better at the moment.
Milwaukee-I would take Vooch over Sanders.
Miami-Bosh if he's their center but Vooch is more valuable for the future.
Minnesota--Love is a stud.
New Orleans--best young big in the game obviously.
New York-Bargnani now? Please.
OKC-They would love to have Vooch.
Portland--LMA
Philly-Noel--Vooch is more complete
Phoenix-Plumlee--no contest.
Sacramento--Do you take Cousins talent with his trouble? Tough call.
San Antonio--Duncan is still the man.
Toronto--Jonas--maybe he'll step up but Vooch is the more complete player for now.
Washington--Gortat is very, very good (we know that) but I'd take Vooch over him for the future.

So, you take out the top, all-star level big men and Vooch is right there and he is still just 23. Please, please tell me why we are considering trading this guy again when he has great skills all around. You can win a title without an elite shot blocker.

Maybe I shouldn't have started this thread, because this is actually the kind of conversation I was trying to avoid. Everyone knows Vooch is good. This was just a thought I was having based on roster construction, and how Vooch...who is not very fast...fits into those plans. That's it.

You don't need to have everyone be fast in order to have an up-tempo game. If all guys are looking to get on the fast break then who is left to rebound. You don't see 5 man fast breaks very often because someone has to rebound the ball and get it moving forward. That guy is Vuc. We can still be an up-tempo team without Vuc being that fast of guy. He may not be the guy running down the court to get the layup but he can be the guy who gets it started as he grabs the rebound and gets it out to get the break going and move the ball up. And he isn't so lsow that he can't get up there and not be non-factor.
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,701

Post#140 » by GameOver25 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 4:24 am

burninglegs wrote:I'm just saddened by all the "blinded" Magic fans on here that can't see the good thing that we have in front of us in Vuc. He is exactly what we want and need. You don't just trade that away.

I don't get it really. Like SOUL said it's just weird that so many people want to "get rid of" or "flip" Vuc. You guys gotta be kidding me. Can we at least see what we got going with the new roster and our young team first? The same ones looking to trade him are going to be the ones yelling "Vucci Mane!!" when he's putting up big numbers and dominating next season.

Return to Orlando Magic