ImageImageImageImage

Pick your Starting Lineup.....

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Guess the Starting Line Up

Poll ended at Wed Aug 6, 2014 11:09 pm

Elfrid/ Oladipo/ Harris/ Gordon/ Vuc
15%
Elfrid/ Oladipo/ Harris/ Frye/ Vuc
31%
Oladipo/ Gordon/ Harris/ Frye/ Vuc
6%
Oladipo/ Gordon/ Harris/ Gordon/ Vuc
2%
Oladipo/ Fournier/ Harris/ Gordon/ Vuc
5%
Oladipo/ Founrier/ Harris/ Frye/ Vuc
42%

Total votes: 65

tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Re: Pick your Starting Lineup..... 

Post#21 » by tooler » Tue Jul 8, 2014 3:39 am

I was on board early with Fournier starting at SG. With the Frye signing, I'm going out on a limb (and bursting a few blood vessels) to say Ben Gordon will start.

Oladipo
Gordon
Harris
Frye
Vucevic

The reason this wouldn't surprise me is because it's centered around Oladipo. I bet you they want to put the ball in his hands and push him to take a big step this season. With this lineup he can drive and dish to three dependable shooters, plus Tobias for variety. Fournier works too but they might prefer him to help Payton with ballhandling instead of sitting there as a spot-up shooter while Oladipo runs the show. Dipo has been there a year now and he's already displaying a lot of off-the-court leadership. This season might be a good time to make him an alpha dog on the court.

I also secretly want this to happen because I want to see this second string run teams off the floor:

Payton
Fournier
Harkless
Gordon
KOQ
aaa
Junior
And1: 44

Post#22 » by aaa » Tue Jul 8, 2014 8:31 am

If you picked Harris/Frye/Vuc you better be OK with being softer than Charmin n the paint.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#23 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Jul 8, 2014 11:52 am

Other:
VO/Evan F./A. Gordon/Frye/Vuc

This leaves a great sub package:

EP can come in for either Guard

Harris can come in for either Forward

O'Quinn can come in for PF or C.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#24 » by BadWolf » Tue Jul 8, 2014 1:33 pm

Payton, Dipo, Hark, Harris, Voosh
Or Payton, Dipo, Hark, Gordon, Voosh with Harris as 6th man getting 30+ minutes
orlandomichael
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#25 » by orlandomichael » Tue Jul 8, 2014 4:49 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:Other:

That was my choice too. Payton obviously should not start at point and would not be SG but you need to start one of the rookies. You also have Marble who can come in as a shooter when Frye comes out, you just have an outside shooter at a different position.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#26 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Jul 8, 2014 5:13 pm

orlandomichael wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:Other:

That was my choice too. Payton obviously should not start at point and would not be SG but you need to start one of the rookies. You also have Marble who can come in as a shooter when Frye comes out, you just have an outside shooter at a different position.

On the guard rotation, I meant Payton can come in for either guard, because VO can slide over to the 2 if Evan comes out.

I like this line up too, and agree about starting 1 of the rookies. I think the hardest thing would be to get Harris to buy in. I could see Harris still getting 25+ mpg, so I hope it happens. Kind of how they did Harkless 2 years ago(his rookie season), started but rarely went over 20 mpg.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#27 » by drsd » Wed Jul 9, 2014 8:28 am

Big Boss wrote:Oladipo
Gordon
Harris
Frye
Vuc

Probably the most realistic imo

I also see this as the opening night starting five, but had imagined Gordon-2 as the PG; that's a detail.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#28 » by basketballRob » Wed Jul 9, 2014 8:34 am

PG: Payton
SG: Oladipo
SF: Harkless
PF: O"Quinn
C: Vucevic
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,188

Post#29 » by cedric76 » Wed Jul 9, 2014 9:37 am

PG: Dipo
SG: Fournier
SF: Harkless
PF: Frye
C: Vucevic
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
RapHippy
Rookie
And1: 267

Post#30 » by RapHippy » Wed Jul 9, 2014 10:46 am

Beginning of season
Oladipo/Fournier/Harris/Frye/Vucevic 6th: B.Gordon
Mid-season
Payton/Oladipo/Harris/Frye/Vucevic 6th: Fournier
End-of-season
Payton/Oladipo/Harkless/Harris/Vucevic 6th:Fournier/C.Frye

- We start with 2 new additions in Fournier & Frye
- B.Gordon signed to be our 6th man, ultimately becomes a vet guard.
- Payton proves to be a proper starting contributor by the ASG & outplays Fournier
- Harkless continues to improve his 3pt & his defense pushes him into the starting line-up.
Side note: A.Gordon remains coming off bench, but is groomed under Frye to join starting line-up as soon as next season.

My prediction.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#31 » by KillMonger » Wed Jul 9, 2014 9:00 pm

drsd wrote:
Big Boss wrote:Oladipo
Gordon
Harris
Frye
Vuc

Probably the most realistic imo

I also see this as the opening night starting five, but had imagined Gordon-2 as the PG; that's a detail.

Ben Gordon isn't point guard and hasn't been his whole career as far as i know. Since i've posted this i have changed my mind and i rather have Fournier next to Oladipo. Having someone who can shoot the ball as well as create for others compliments Dipo perfectly, part of the reason why i wanted Stauskas at 12.
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#32 » by fklt » Wed Jul 9, 2014 9:15 pm

line up is this:

oladipo, fournier, gordon, frye, vuc

gordon and frye is a better match than harris and frye. gordon can use his athleticism with spacing that frye creates, and frye will benefit from gordon's passing.
and for a supposedly defensive minded team fournier, harris, frye and vuc seems pretty average.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#33 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Jul 9, 2014 10:05 pm

OrlandoHouston wrote:Oladipo/Fournier/Harris/Frye/Vuc to start the year. I think Payton takes Fournier's spot before the end of the year, as Oladipo moves to the 2. Don't think Gordon starts this year, unless we start tanking with a month to go.

Word

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using RealGM Forums mobile app
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Post#34 » by tooler » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:34 pm

I thought of another reason it's going to be Oladipo/Gordon/Harris/Frye/Vucevic.

You guys think Dipo/Tobias/Vuc are the core. That lineup puts them out there with two veteran shooters to create space. If that's the core, let's see what they can do.
Inqui
Sophomore
And1: 80

Post#35 » by Inqui » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:51 pm

I went with what turned out to be the majority opinion of Oladipo/Fournier/Harris/Frye/Vucevic. For the first half of the season, I reckon that would be all about putting VO into position to step up and become the guy for us - beefing up his BBIQ, getting him used to being THE guy and generally padding his skillset like you want for a combo guard for the future.

While behind the scenes, the younger guys are training their asses off and getting rotational minutes to crack the starting lineup when they earn it and not a play sooner. Come the end of the season and I'll pick the second option on that poll: Payton/Oladipo/Harris/Frye/Vucevic. I don't think Gordon will have earned it by then and even Payton's no guarantee (nothing against them at all. I just don't think we're in for a best rookie season since Tim Duncan or anything).

Actually a day one lineup might have Ben Gordon in at the 2, only for him to be one of the first to lose his starting spot to a younger guy (in this case Fournier). In fact, I'll change my answer to that.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#36 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:53 pm

tooler wrote:I thought of another reason it's going to be Oladipo/Gordon/Harris/Frye/Vucevic.

You guys think Dipo/Tobias/Vuc are the core. That lineup puts them out there with two veteran shooters to create space. If that's the core, let's see what they can do.

I think for the starting 2 spot at the beginning of the season, it's going to be who ever picks up the system better.

I will say, by twitter updates, Ben appears to be in Orlando while Evan is in France....I really wish he played SL w/ VO and Payton.

But I'd wager that in December, Payton will be the starting PG, and VO will be at the 2.

Return to Orlando Magic