ImageImageImageImage

Waayyy too early 2015 draft scouting profiles.

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Re: Waayyy too early 2015 draft scouting profiles. 

Post#61 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:54 pm

drsd wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:he's definitely putting in the work tho!
http://www.sectalk.com/board/topic/125567-the-progression-of-chris-walker/

:o

yup....saw him on campus the other day.... and he looks a lot bulkier than when i first met him!
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#62 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:57 pm

fendilim wrote:
Orlandipo wrote:Kristaps Porzingis would be perfect

I would love to have him play for us. Gosh... Gordon, Oladipo, Kristaps would be fun to watch playing above the rim.

Yup....he would be a great addition. don't forget payton throwing down on a few people too..... and vuc..... well yeah vuc....will be making layups. hahaha.... but not everyone is required to bring the thunder. ;-)
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#63 » by drsd » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:58 pm

orthoman wrote:Let's go after Thon Maker....he's Manute Bol's cousin :lol:

Looking at Maker's body and game, he is definitely never going to be a credible Center in the NBA. But he might perfect the stretch 4. A 7'1" PF with 3-point range will be unguardable on offense. On defense, his wing-span is ridiculous. Off-side and weak-side protection of the rim, that is something he could uniquely contribute to at the PF slot.

Or he could break in two the first time he plays against a bruiser.

Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#64 » by Truth24 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:05 pm

drsd wrote:

Looking at Maker's body and game, he is definitely never going to be a credible Center in the NBA. But he might perfect the stretch 4. A 7'1" PF with 3-point range will be unguardable on offense. On defense, his wing-span is ridiculous. Off-side and weak-side protection of the rim, that is something he could uniquely contribute to at the PF slot.

Thon does have a special skill set and I expect him and Harry Giles to get all kinds of hype when they head to college and the pros.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#65 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 1:20 am

ESPN released their 2015 pre-season mock draft to accompany the big board posted earlier.

1) Philadelphia 76ers
Jahlil Okafor, C

2) Milwaukee Bucks
Emmanuel Midiay, PG

3) Minnesota Timberwolves
Cliff Alexander, PF

4) Boston Celtics
Karl Towns Jr., C

5) Orlando Magic
Stanley Johnson, SF
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#66 » by Orlwillbeback » Tue Aug 5, 2014 1:45 am

hopefully all these guys are out of reach and we're drafting 10-20.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#67 » by Orlwillbeback » Tue Aug 5, 2014 1:48 am

montrezl harrell is a beast, plays much bigger than he is. He could be the defensive presence we need next to vuc and we may be drafting in that range.
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#68 » by majortom71 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 2:31 am

LetItRain wrote:Make a list of the most athletic, high character prospects and that's probably who Rob will be looking at.

Also coachable and play both sides of the ball.

Those are the profiles that we've seen.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#69 » by Orlwillbeback » Tue Aug 5, 2014 2:54 am

majortom71 wrote:
LetItRain wrote:Make a list of the most athletic, high character prospects and that's probably who Rob will be looking at.

according to chad ford, that's stanley johnson.
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#70 » by majortom71 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 3:09 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:
majortom71 wrote:

I have him on my radar. Also I would look at some of the euro talent available. There seems to be more coming next year.
Truth24
Starter

Post#71 » by Truth24 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 3:18 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:
majortom71 wrote:

Stanley Johnson is at the top of my board right now, this is a player all teams are going to want and for good reason. His work ethic plus talent is just through the roof, This kid was a center his freshmen year and the point guard his senior year.
rb1magicfan
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#72 » by rb1magicfan » Tue Aug 5, 2014 12:45 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:montrezl harrell is a beast, plays much bigger than he is. He could be the defensive presence we need next to vuc and we may be drafting in that range.

Yes I would love to see him in a magic uni.We went to the Amway center and watched the first two rounds of the tournement and he is raw as hell on offense but Ben Wallace like on D. He will be one of the top shot blockers in the NBA in 2 years. His arms are so long he looks like he drags them on the flooor when he runs.He also developed great chemistry with Payton on the U 19 USA team. Payton threw him more lobs than he did Gordon.If you watch the final gold metal game Harrell and Payton dominated the fourth quarter both on D and O.Check it out if you like they really look intune with each other also Payton throws Gordon a opp for a nasty dunk that prety much seals the deal.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#73 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Aug 5, 2014 1:21 pm

rb1magicfan wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:montrezl harrell is a beast, plays much bigger than he is. He could be the defensive presence we need next to vuc and we may be drafting in that range.

Yes I would love to see him in a magic uni.We went to the Amway center and watched the first two rounds of the tournement and he is raw as hell on offense but Ben Wallace like on D. He will be one of the top shot blockers in the NBA in 2 years. His arms are so long he looks like he drags them on the flooor when he runs.He also developed great chemistry with Payton on the U 19 USA team. Payton threw him more lobs than he did Gordon.If you watch the final gold metal game Harrell and Payton dominated the fourth quarter both on D and O.Check it out if you like they really look intune with each other also Payton throws Gordon a opp for a nasty dunk that prety much seals the deal.

He was who I was hoping we were going to get a chance to draft with the WoNK pick. I like him a lot too.
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#74 » by ralphie9898 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:48 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:hopefully all these guys are out of reach and we're drafting 10-20.

If we don't make the playoffs which is still a very real possibility wouldn't be mad if we ended up with a very high pick. Especially if we end up finishing in the 7-14 range as far as record goes but somehow we win one of the top three through the lottery. That is a win/win scenario for me.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#75 » by ralphie9898 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:55 am

Truth24 wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:
majortom71 wrote:Also coachable and play both sides of the ball.

Stanley Johnson is at the top of my board right now, this is a player all teams are going to want and for good reason. His work ethic plus talent is just through the roof, This kid was a center his freshmen year and the point guard his senior year.

Yeah I am ok with Johnson but I personally am looking more for a guy with better offensive skills. Johnson could develop his shot and be that guy but right now I think we got enough of these types. I guess we will have to wait and see whether Henny actually decides to draft a different kind of player. My favorite would be Kristaps Porzingis right now. I also like Kelly Oubre if we pick a little lower though he could vault himself into that top area as well. Both guys are better shooters but are also athletic enough to where they can play good D as well.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#76 » by p0peye » Wed Aug 6, 2014 9:43 am

drsd wrote:

Truth24
Starter

Post#77 » by Truth24 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 9:03 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
Truth24 wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:according to chad ford, that's stanley johnson.

Yeah I am ok with Johnson but I personally am looking more for a guy with better offensive skills. Johnson could develop his shot and be that guy but right now I think we got enough of these types. I guess we will have to wait and see whether Henny actually decides to draft a different kind of player. My favorite would be Kristaps Porzingis right now. I also like Kelly Oubre if we pick a little lower though he could vault himself into that top area as well. Both guys are better shooters but are also athletic enough to where they can play good D as well.

Johnson shot is actually pretty decent right now, it is at a level where defenders have to respect it and won't give him any slack. While he isn't a sharp shooter just yet, but it is better than most people on our roster right now so I don't have a problem with his offensive skill set. I like Oubre a lot as well but his jumper is fairly inconsistent right now, when he is out its lights out but when he is cold he couldn't buy a bucket. I'm kind of on the fences right now Kristaps right now, I feel he can be a good player but I have to see more out of him before I can make a real good judgment.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#78 » by ralphie9898 » Thu Aug 7, 2014 7:00 am

Truth24 wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
Truth24 wrote:

Johnson shot is actually pretty decent right now, it is at a level where defenders have to respect it and won't give him any slack. While he isn't a sharp shooter just yet, but it is better than most people on our roster right now so I don't have a problem with his offensive skill set. I like Oubre a lot as well but his jumper is fairly inconsistent right now, when he is out its lights out but when he is cold he couldn't buy a bucket. I'm kind of on the fences right now Kristaps right now, I feel he can be a good player but I have to see more out of him before I can make a real good judgment.

Oubre is streaky but he has a better offensive game than Johnson. Johnson isn't that good offensively. He does have some offensive game or he wouldn't be a top prospect but as far as NBA prospects go he needs to improve his shooting and over all offensive game to be better than a lot of our guys offensively. Johnson also plays out of control at times on offense. He needs a lot more refinement in this area than Oubre does.
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 334

Post#79 » by Mad Guru » Thu Aug 7, 2014 12:44 pm

I see the Magic in the 8 or 9 range next year
Truth24
Starter

Post#80 » by Truth24 » Thu Aug 7, 2014 6:44 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
Truth24 wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:

Oubre is streaky but he has a better offensive game than Johnson. Johnson isn't that good offensively. He does have some offensive game or he wouldn't be a top prospect but as far as NBA prospects go he needs to improve his shooting and over all offensive game to be better than a lot of our guys offensively. Johnson also plays out of control at times on offense. He needs a lot more refinement in this area than Oubre does.

I have to disagree I think Johnson is just as good as Oubre is on the offensive end, and there isn't much he can't do at this point. He can shoot, drive, handle the ball, post, and bully; Johnson's offensive game right now is perfectly fine. I agree though he does have a tendency to play out of control, but that is mainly because he is going 100 100% of the time.

It will be interesting to see how both players do in college this year, Oubre will be primarily playing the three and Johnson is going to get some burn at the 2. I really wouldn't mind either player but Johnson is by far the superior prospect IMO.

Return to Orlando Magic