ImageImageImageImage

Aaron Gordon San Fran Pro Am Triple Double

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: Aaron Gordon San Fran Pro Am Triple Double 

Post#41 » by OrlandO » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:24 am

here's another look at some of those highlights...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRkmzfth-k[/youtube]
Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#42 » by Truth24 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:26 am

I think this just reinforces what I believe about AG, that his skill set is there and he has ability he just has to refine it for the NBA game. His handles are really good but, he tries to be fancy and does a lot of wasted moves in which he just stays in the same spot dribbling. He will learn in the league you make one to two moves and go to the basket, but you can see his passing, dribbling, and driving ability.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#43 » by MagicFan32 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:32 am

WHAT A MANEUVER!
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
NBAchamps2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 336

Post#44 » by NBAchamps2017 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:45 am

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#45 » by basketballRob » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:35 am

Gordon is still you enough to be a freshman this year. If you look at his final 10 games, that includes the conference and NCAA tournament, he averaged 33.1 mpg 51% fg 43 3ptfg% 13.6 ppg 8.7 reb 3.2 asts 1.6 stls 1.5 blks and that was against the best competition. If he returned to school I would project his stats to be something like this for his sophomore season. 36 mpg 16 ppg 10 rebs 4 asts 2 stls 2blks 53% fg 40% 3pt%.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#46 » by KillMonger » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:18 am

basketballRob wrote:Gordon is still you enough to be a freshman this year. If you look at his final 10 games, that includes the conference and NCAA tournament, he averaged 33.1 mpg 51% fg 43 3ptfg% 13.6 ppg 8.7 reb 3.2 asts 1.6 stls 1.5 blks and that was against the best competition. If he returned to school I would project his stats to be something like this for his sophomore season. 36 mpg 16 ppg 10 rebs 4 asts 2 stls 2blks 53% fg 40% 3pt%.
sounds good to me, can't downplay that

Sent from my Nexus 5 using RealGM Forums mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#47 » by basketballRob » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:59 am

My point is that he is still getting better. If you look at Giannis Antetokounmpo he was very close to the same age as Gordon when drafted and he didn't put up great numbers last season but is considered to be a great player one day. Gainnis has more length and better shooting, Gordon has a better defensive IQ, passing, and I think handle.
orlandomike
Starter
And1: 53

Post#48 » by orlandomike » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:21 pm

While the competition requires us to downplay it, he still had 28 points, 18 rebounds and 11 assists. This isn't like he hogged the ball. He scored 22 other points from other people. Sure, you should score big in a situation like that but that was a big triple double.
My 2 cents is worth 5 cents.
Blues
Junior
And1: 98

Post#49 » by Blues » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm good with Gordon being a 4, though I'm more comfortable if he had to play the 3. I love triple doubles and I think he just became our second biggest TD threat behind Oladipo
Formally known as "Magix3"
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#50 » by Last Guardian » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:02 pm

I don't see how this makes him no doubt a SF. Blake Griffin is a very good ball handler and passer too, and they have similar athletic ability.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEG4mQ83EGM[/youtube]
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#51 » by OrlDave » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Poked my head into the GB thread on this. Wtf are "Magic fans" doing? I'm sorry, we're supposed to be family. Family can criticize within the family, but we don't do it outside the family. It's just not right. I didn't love Dwight or everything thing he did while here (his FTs, his lack of discernible post moves, knocking up ladies all over the place, complaining to refs ect) but I defended him against trolls. It's just what you do. Gordon seems like a nice guy, certainly has some talent and potential, I don't understand this irrational need to hate on him long before we have any idea what he'll be.
mojosodope
Sixth Man
And1: 459

Post#52 » by mojosodope » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:33 pm

OrlDave wrote:Poked my head into the GB thread on this. Wtf are "Magic fans" doing? I'm sorry, we're supposed to be family. Family can criticize within the family, but we don't do it outside the family. It's just not right. I didn't love Dwight or everything thing he did while here (his FTs, his lack of discernible post moves, knocking up ladies all over the place, complaining to refs ect) but I defended him against trolls. It's just what you do. Gordon seems like a nice guy, certainly has some talent and potential, I don't understand this irrational need to hate on him long before we have any idea what he'll be.

I can only speak for myself, but my issue is less with Gordon and more with the "Magic Fans" on this board. I'm perfectly fine in watching what Gordon turns into. What I will NOT do is crown him the second coming after a handful of summer league games and a glorified pickup game.

Let the kid do something worthwhile first. I could be wrong, but I think his game needs a considerable amount of work. And he would best be suited at the 4 spot. I wasn't impressed with his handle, not at summer league and not in the pro-am video sure it looked nice in a highlight video, but I did not see dribbling that translates to the NBA game.

What I will also not do is proclaim that he does anything better (besides run/jump) than Tobias (or even Harkless) until he actually does it. We watch Mo disappear last season when faced with some of the adversity of Jameer jacking 3s and not passing the ball to anyone but BBD & Aafalo, BBD chucking up shots from the elbow every time he touched the ball and Jameer slowing the pace of our offense down so much it took away one of mo's biggest strengths.

We all watched Harris battle through a tough ankle injury, play out of position until BBD was traded, come of the bench for no good reason after just hitting his stride and still find a way to put up respectable numbers, for what was his THIRD year in the NBA

I think him being somewhat of a suprise pick for a lot of us at 4 simply means he has some proving to do
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#53 » by KillMonger » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Isn't that obvious? Everyone knows Gordon had a lot to prove..... The key is potential..... That's all it is at this point.... This isn't anything new

Sent from my Nexus 5 using RealGM Forums mobile app
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#54 » by OrlDave » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:18 pm

mojosodope wrote:
OrlDave wrote:Poked my head into the GB thread on this. Wtf are "Magic fans" doing? I'm sorry, we're supposed to be family. Family can criticize within the family, but we don't do it outside the family. It's just not right. I didn't love Dwight or everything thing he did while here (his FTs, his lack of discernible post moves, knocking up ladies all over the place, complaining to refs ect) but I defended him against trolls. It's just what you do. Gordon seems like a nice guy, certainly has some talent and potential, I don't understand this irrational need to hate on him long before we have any idea what he'll be.

I can only speak for myself, but my issue is less with Gordon and more with the "Magic Fans" on this board. I'm perfectly fine in watching what Gordon turns into. What I will NOT do is crown him the second coming after a handful of summer league games and a glorified pickup game.

Let the kid do something worthwhile first. I could be wrong, but I think his game needs a considerable amount of work. And he would best be suited at the 4 spot. I wasn't impressed with his handle, not at summer league and not in the pro-am video sure it looked nice in a highlight video, but I did not see dribbling that translates to the NBA game.

What I will also not do is proclaim that he does anything better (besides run/jump) than Tobias (or even Harkless) until he actually does it. We watch Mo disappear last season when faced with some of the adversity of Jameer jacking 3s and not passing the ball to anyone but BBD & Aafalo, BBD chucking up shots from the elbow every time he touched the ball and Jameer slowing the pace of our offense down so much it took away one of mo's biggest strengths.

We all watched Harris battle through a tough ankle injury, play out of position until BBD was traded, come of the bench for no good reason after just hitting his stride and still find a way to put up respectable numbers, for what was his THIRD year in the NBA

I think him being somewhat of a suprise pick for a lot of us at 4 simply means he has some proving to do

I didn't want to ignore your post, but I said my peace in my previous post. Reread it maybe since I feel you missed the point of it.
mojosodope
Sixth Man
And1: 459

Post#55 » by mojosodope » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:35 pm

OrlDave wrote:
mojosodope wrote:

I didn't want to ignore your post, but I said my peace in my previous post. Reread it maybe since I feel you missed the point of it.

No, I'm with you. I'm just giving a bit of my perspective, not necessarily directed towards you. On another note, I do agree with you, and as a Magic fan would even stand up to the Trolls for Gordon. I would just like other magic fans to be a little more rational

Return to Orlando Magic