ImageImageImageImage

B-a-T: All-Time Magic - RESULTS POSTED

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

B-a-T: All-Time Magic - RESULTS POSTED 

Post#1 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 7:22 pm

Ever wish you could build a team that consisted of only Magic players from the first day the franchise came in to existence? This is your chance!

SELECTING A TEAM
I reserve the right to shoot down any request to own a team. Anyone that has proven in the past to be inactive or inexperienced may have to take a backseat.

When giving your proposal to own a team, please fill out the following:

Team Name:
E-Mail Address:

The maximum amount of teams will be 15.

CO-GM's
This is something that I would definitely encourage. Because this B-a-T requires more NBA knowledge and research, the more help you have to run your team...the better. Feel free to have as big of a staff as you would like.

ELIGIBLE PLAYERS
Each roster will consist of 10 players, all of which have to have appeared in a Magic uniform in a regular season or post season NBA game. Pre-season does not count. Training camp invites do not count. A player acquired in a trade that is then bought out, does not count unless they actually played in a game. I fully expect there to be some players selected that do not meet this criteria and we will be prepared for it. For example, Chauncey Billups would be an ineligible player.

There will be an exception to this...that would be the players currently on the Magic roster. We will be allowing the drafting of players recently drafted or signed that have yet to play. If they are currently on the roster, they are eligible.

That being said, there are roughly 200 players available to be drafted.

-If an ineligible player has been selected, the other owners have two hours to make this known by e-mailing myself.
-After two hours of an ineligible pick, if no recognition of the fault has been made...the pick becomes official, regardless of the benefit or harm it may cause the owner drafting the player.
-This player then becomes eligible and should be judged as any other player in the pool.
-None of us are perfect...I will research every pick that others or I see as ineligible to ensure that it truly is or is not.
-The owner making ANY pick would be wise to include a link to the box score of a game in which they appeared.
-Ineligible does not refer to players that have already been selected.
-If an owner attempts to select a player that has already been taken, they will be skipped as if the time OTC has run out and the next team in line will be OTC. This owner being skipped will not face the penalties of inactivity.
-It is up to the owner who selected a previously selected player to correct his mistake. I will do my best to inform any owner who may commit this heinous crime.

As for head coaches, since there are a limited number of them in Magic history...and a lot of them aren't very good...we will use coaches that are currently contracted by any of the 30 NBA teams. A coach that was fired at the end of the season last year and is currently unemployed is ineligible.

If you have ANY questions about who is eligible...player or coach...it would be wise to contact me BEFORE making a pick. We all know the chaos and controversy that ensues when an eligible player or coach is taken.

DRAFTING
There will be 11 rounds in this draft. The first round will be to select a coach. The following 10 rounds will be strictly for players. This will allow you to build your team in the mold that best suits your coach's style.

-Rounds 1-2 will allow for 6 Hours per pick
-Rounds 3-6 will allow for 4 Hours per pick
-Round 7-11 will allow for 2 Hours per pick

*I reserve the right to adjust these times. Once we reach rounds 7-11, we will vote on whether or not to shut down overnight drafting (2 AM - 8 AM)

The draft order will be randomly determined. This order will reflect the rounds where players are selected. The coaches round will be the reverse order, giving the owner who drafts a player last the ability to select their coach first; helping to balance things out.

Please follow the proper draft etiquette...
- Once your post your pick in thread, it is final. Do not edit your pick.
- DO NOT NAME DROP PLAYERS THAT ARE NOT TAKEN.
-Once you've made a selection, E-Mail the next person OTC to inform them...as well as the person on deck so that they are ready.

TRADING
Trading will open the moment that I post the draft order. All proposals are to be made via E-mail or PM - a list of all contacts will be provided.

-All trades must contain equal picks - no 2 for 1's, 4 for 2's, etc...each team must always contain 11 picks.
-You may trade your pick in the coach round. However, you must receive one back in that trade. Everyone must own a coach round pick at all times.
-I reserve the right to veto any trade.
-If I veto a trade, the parties involved may appeal by both owners e-mailing me their reasoning behind the trade within two hours of the veto.
-If the reasoning is at least seen as genuine, the veto will be dismissed.
-Official trades must have both parties agree in thread.
-You ARE NOT allowed to trade your pick if you are on the clock. Once you select a player, you may then begin trading once again.

INACTIVITY
Those that have done one of these B-a-T's with me in the past know that I am a stickler for activity. Do not join unless you really plan on being a part of this. No one wants to wait two weeks to make one pick. I am open to the idea of just simply contracting the league - eliminating a team - due to inactivity. Let me break down my standards for inactivity...

-If any owner misses their first round pick in the allotted time, I will contact the Top 3 owners on the wait list.
-Once the pick has been missed, the first in line has two hours to make a selection - officially taking over as owner.
-If the 1st replacement owner has not made a pick within the two hour window, the second in line will have 1 hour to make a selection - officially taking over as owner.
-If the 2nd in line does not make a pick within their window, the 3rd in line will have 30 minutes to make a selection - officially taking over as owner.
-If the Top 3 in the wait list have been unable to take over the team by making a selection, the team will be eliminated from the league.
-If any replacement owner misses their 2nd round selection - their first with a full clock - there will not be another replacement. The team will be eliminated from the game - in addition to the first round pick being taken out of the draft pool and judgment.
-If ANY owner misses more 2 or more picks, they will be eliminated from the game and their players eliminated from the pool and judgement.
-However... if an owner sends his wish list to the owner drafting right after him along with sending their wishlist to myself and their pick is not made for them within the allotted time, they will not suffer any inactivity penalties.

I am aware that the times per pick and inactivity rules are quite harsh. I'd rather finish will a group of people that are truly engaged and interested than struggle to make half the league give a $h!t. This is especially true when it comes to the late rounds. Too many people start these things strong and then quit half way through. I am OK with that, but I am not going to wait around every time that teams comes on the clock. If you care and aren't going to be around, send a list to the person drafting after you & myself, you will be covered.

JUDGING
This is a group effort. If your team wishes to qualify for judgement, you must judge the other teams as well. Any owner that wishes to win must present his score card, otherwise they are no longer in the running. Here is a breakdown of how we will judge...

Each owner judging must list their Top 5 teams. Of those Top 5 teams, they must break them down with ratings of 1-10 in each of the following categories (10 being the highest).
-Quality of Talent (x3)
Pretty simple here. We know how good the guys you will draft are/were...just compare the compiled talent to other teams.

-Team Chemistry (x2)
Obviously we can't tell 100% for sure how these guys would play together but you should be looking to create a style of play. Whether it is fast paced, defensive minded, outside shooting, etc...your team should have an identity based on the players on the roster. Your coach should also reflect your style of play.

-Longevity (x2)
Here you are looking for how long a player's prime lasted and what they accomplished in that prime. If a guy had a crazy good four years but then fell off because of injury or just inconsistencies...that could count against you. The idea is to build a team that contends but also has a long shelf life. Not a squad of five studs who only have 3-4 year primes.

Intangibles (x2)
-Intangibles: Players that have the little something that doesn't show up on stat sheets, incredible passion, high energy, determination to win/refusal to lose. Basically the line that gets drawn between a guy who just makes a few All-Star teams in his career with some nice numbers and a guy that does the same but has a distinct imprint on the title that his real life team won.

-Offense

-Defense

-Pimpin'

Once we get close to the end, I will create a roster page so that you may post your roster. Once we finish, this will transform in to the pimpin' page where you go in to detail about why your team is the best. Feel free to use pictures and make it look unique.

The multipliers come in to play with categories that I view as slightly more important than others. In total, there is 120 points to be earned across the 6 categories. There will be no decimals in the judgement process, only whole numbers. Owners will not judge their own team.

THREADS
Eventually I will post a link to each thread once they have been created, but for now...

Sign-Up/Discussion Thread
-Only and all discussion about the league goes in this thread. You will be able to find contact info in here as well. All finalized trades are to be posted in this thread, along with all reactions to picks.

Draft Thread
-Strictly for draft picks. The initial post will include the draft order and previous picks. No other posts are to be made that do not have a pick included with them. Do not react to picks in that thread. Do not announce trades. You get the point.

Roster Thread
-As I mentioned, this is where you will detail your roster. Each owner will make 1 post in this thread that will have anything about their team that they wish to include. Don't make more than 1 post, just continue to edit. This will become the Pimpin' Thread once the draft has been completed.

Judgement Thread
-This will be created once the pimping stage has been completed. Every owner is required to judge based on the criteria I listed earlier.

Contact Info/Teams/Picks
-I will create documents that help everyone keep track of who owns what picks and contact information.

QUESTIONS/CONCERNS
With this being different, there are bound to be kinks to work out. You will all have my e-mail and the discussion thread to post your thoughts on. I am open to mid-game changes as long as they are effective and won't alter anything important. If you read through this and realize I am missing something or need to include something, please let me know. This is a group effort and the more active we all are, the more fun this will be.

SIGN-UP!!!!
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Re: Build-a-Team: All-Time Magic Players - Sign Up Now! 

Post#2 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 7:23 pm

Owner Contact Information

-Once I receive all information, I will make an easy to use spreadsheet and get it to everyone. For now, I'll try and keep the E-mails from being copy/paste-able to reduce spam.

Blue = checked in and officially part of the league.

1. LBPTarHeel27 - Sassy Sassers
2. TDJacksonville - The Khans
3. SHAQ32 - The Declercq Dynasty
4. AdamTheGreek & penn24 - Brian Hill's Clipboard
5. Bensational & Devin 1L - Weisbro's

6. Zmill - Turkoglu Pizza Co.
7. bluesteelmagic - Doogie Dieners
8. NickAnderson - O-Rena Chicken Tenders
9. Truth24 - Blue World Order

10. Scottg247 - Little Shaq of Horrors
11. bigdogdylan5 - The Garrity Gang

DRAFT ORDER

1 - Brian Hill's Clipboard
2 - The Declercq Dynasty
3 - Turkoglu Pizza Co.
4 - The Khans
5 - Doogie Dieners
6 - O-Rena Chicken Tenders
7 - Sassy Sassers
8 - Weisbro's
9 - Little Shaq of Horrors
10 - The Garrity Gang
11 - Blue World Order

***Remember, the coaches round (which takes place first) will be the inverse of this order. Essentially round 1 is 11-1 and then round 2 starts as normal with 1-11.
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#3 » by SHAQ32 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 10:10 pm

I would like to join and sent you a pm with info, LBP.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Post#4 » by TDJacksonville » Fri Aug 1, 2014 10:12 pm

Ill take the Orlando lions-tdjacksonville- wzajan89 @ gmail

Sent from my LG-E980 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#5 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Aug 2, 2014 12:48 am

Too good to pass up. I'm curious how this would go.

Team Name: Brian Hill's Clipboard
E-Mail: adamosgp @ aol . com

Co-GM: penn24
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#6 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sat Aug 2, 2014 3:17 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:Too good to pass up. I'm curious how this would go.

Team Name: Brian Hill's Clipboard
E-Mail: adamosgp @ aol . com

Co-GM: penn24

Thanks for coming on board. The All-Time All-Star BAT went very smoothly. Expecting the same with this. The deeper rounds should be interesting.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#7 » by Bensational » Sat Aug 2, 2014 4:32 am

All-Time Magic Players - brilliant idea. my head is already swimming with the possibilities.

I'm in.

Team Name: The Wizard's Sleeve
Email: ben underscore howling at hot(mail) dot com
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 954

Post#8 » by Devin 1L » Sat Aug 2, 2014 4:51 am

Bensational wrote:All-Time Magic Players - brilliant idea. my head is already swimming with the possibilities.

I'm in.

Would you like an assistant?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Bensational » Sat Aug 2, 2014 4:58 am

Devin 1L wrote:
Bensational wrote:All-Time Magic Players - brilliant idea. my head is already swimming with the possibilities.

I'm in.

That'd be great. Let's Co-GM it.

First on the agenda. Should we change our name to the Weisbro's?
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Devin 1L » Sat Aug 2, 2014 5:34 am

Bensational wrote:
Devin 1L wrote:

I'm in.

That'd be great. Let's Co-GM it.

First on the agenda. Should we change our name to the Weisbro's?

Awesome.

And yes! The Weisbros! We need a logo!

Okay, what's needed? Email?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Bensational » Sat Aug 2, 2014 6:02 am

Done.

LBP, Dev and I are looking to be Co-GMs.

Team Name: Weisbro's (formerly known as the Wizard's Sleeve)
Emails:
ben underscore howling at the hottest mail .com

that all good?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Bensational » Sat Aug 2, 2014 6:07 am

Devin 1L wrote:
Awesome.

And yes! The Weisbros! We need a logo!

i'll have a play in photoshop to come up with a logo.

i'm thinking something based around one, or both, of these images.

I feel like a fistbump needs to be in there, somewhere. and a slogan. you got any ideas?

"do you even GM, bro?"
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by TDJacksonville » Sat Aug 2, 2014 6:34 am

The players prime is considered from his whole nba career correct?

Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Bensational » Sat Aug 2, 2014 11:09 am

Weisbros Logo complete.

LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#15 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sat Aug 2, 2014 12:39 pm

Bensational wrote:Done.

LBP, Dev and I are looking to be Co-GMs.

Team Name: Weisbro's (formerly known as the Wizard's Sleeve)
Emails:
ben underscore howling at the hottest mail .com

that all good?

You guys are good to go.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#16 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sat Aug 2, 2014 12:45 pm

TDJacksonville wrote:The players prime is considered from his whole nba career correct?

I was going to open this up for discussion once we got more people but I guess we can now.

There are basically two options on how we can approach this...

1. When judging a player, we judge them strictly by the length and quality of their primes.
2. When judging a player, we judge only the impact they had while wearing a Magic uniform.

I think the best idea is to go with #1 but to add a category to the judging..."Magic Factor". This category will allow us to give additional points to teams that are built up of true Magicians...not just the ones that came here after their primes had been completed or that left us before they fully developed. It wouldn't be heavily weighted but it would just encourage taking players that have truly impacted this franchise.
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#17 » by in-limbo » Sat Aug 2, 2014 3:06 pm

Bensational wrote:Weisbro's Logo complete.

My pre-season favorites.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,140

Post#18 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Aug 2, 2014 3:14 pm

Zmill - Turkoglu Pizza Co.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by TDJacksonville » Sat Aug 2, 2014 4:33 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:The players prime is considered from his whole nba career correct?

I was going to open this up for discussion once we got more people but I guess we can now.

There are basically two options on how we can approach this...

1. When judging a player, we judge them strictly by the length and quality of their primes.
2. When judging a player, we judge only the impact they had while wearing a Magic uniform.

I think the best idea is to go with #1 but to add a category to the judging..."Magic Factor". This category will allow us to give additional points to teams that are built up of true Magicians...not just the ones that came here after their primes had been completed or that left us before they fully developed. It wouldn't be heavily weighted but it would just encourage taking players that have truly impacted this franchise.

I would go with that.
If its okay id like to change tge team name to the khans
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Build-a-Team: All-Time Magic - Sign Up Now! 9 Spots Left 

Post#20 » by Devin 1L » Sat Aug 2, 2014 7:32 pm

Looks like the media has picked up on this.

Orlando Magic Sports Programming Network

Return to Orlando Magic