ImageImageImageImage

B-a-T: All-Time Magic - RESULTS POSTED

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Re: B-a-T: All-Time Magic - DRAFT ORDER POSTED! 

Post#421 » by TDJacksonville » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:18 am

Bensational wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:
Bensational wrote:
i think you need to go back and re-read what i wrote.

at no point did i say Wallace was going to be good offensively, i just said that in a matchup against Garrity, he'd probably still find a way to score despite how limited he is in that regard.

and you saw it in the numbers that you posted. 12 points, 14 points and 20 points - those are all WAY above his averages, and those were against Garrity a front court that included Garrity. so my point still stands - if you think our team would struggle to score against you, there's proof to show that they wouldn't, because it's been done before.

I think we should add some what if sims to this. I know 2 unproven rookies can easily bust or be goid but we can agree gordon is all potential and very little substance

From what ive read thru 2 game play by play they play garrity vs cliff robinson and gooden is on ben.

Im sure they guarded each other some but ben didnt do much offensively against him.

Lets do positional matchups

Pg: francis over payton all day
Sg: its closer to a push but andersons defense is the difference imo
Sf: hill over pietrus.
Pf: battie/garrity over oquinn/gordon.
C: vuc and ben are pushes. One is a standout defender. 1 is a good offensive player.

As far as bigs are concerned i think we all can agree battie and vuc are both better than anything the magics bigs had that season.

LOL.

did you seriously just compare Vuc's 15ppg 'good' offensive game a "push" with Wallace's championship level, 4 time defensive player of the year skills??

and you take Battie over O'Quinn, despite the fact that O'Quinn, in his 2nd year, is averaging the same numbers Battie was pulling at his peak, but in only 17mpg, compared to Battie's 23-27mpg.

Its not vuc fault the magic dont feed him. He can easily be a 20-10 guy. Vuc has a good post up game and a mid range game. He also can finish with both hands.

Oquinn has never been a starter outside of injuries nor does he have the polished game as battie. Battie can easily hit mid range on him.
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#422 » by Bensational » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:43 am

TDJacksonville wrote:
Its not vuc fault the magic dont feed him. He can easily be a 20-10 guy. Vuc has a good post up game and a mid range game. He also can finish with both hands.

Oquinn has never been a starter outside of injuries nor does he have the polished game as battie. Battie can easily hit mid range on him.

Vuc's offensive numbers when he went up against some of the better defenders last season:

13ppg on 48% shooting, on 11fgas. 2.4fta, shooting 57% at the stripe.

That was against:

Hibbert, Davis, Jordan, Horford, M.Gasol, Duncan, Gortat, Varejao, Noah and Dwight.

None of those guys are defending at the level Wallace was in his prime. Vuc would get shut down, severely.

Battie may have started, but he was never good enough to crack more than 27mpg in his entire career. And O'Quinn is matching his numbers with only 17mpg. when O'Quinn gets starter minutes he's putting up 10ppg, 12rpg, 2.5bpg on 50% shooting. In Battie's best season (02-03), when he got starter minutes he averaged 9ppg, 8rpg and 1.4bpg. I could handle describing O'Quinn and Battie as a push, but there's no way Battie is better than him. And his mid range game is so lethal that he's a threat for 7 points per game at best... really not intimidated by that.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#423 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:36 pm

Make sure you guys get your roster posted in the roster thread...only make one post.

We are down to the rapid fire rounds...be ready, send a list, or don't complain when you get skipped.

Clock stops at 12am now.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,070

Post#424 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Excellent value here in my opinion to get a player that has made an All Star team and has performed significantly well when given the minutes on a very good career FG% even leading the whole league one year
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#425 » by Bensational » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:43 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:Excellent value here in my opinion to get a player that has made an All Star team and has performed significantly well when given the minutes on a very good career FG% even leading the whole league one year

Very nice pick up. I can't believe he managed 19ppg in under 30mpg.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#426 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Been at Universal all day...getting everything updated now.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#427 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:56 pm

Just wanted to throw out a rough timeline...

Once the final pick has been made, there will be a two day period to make trades and transform your roster post. The idea is to make the case for your team as to why they are the best. It'd be wise to relate as much as possible to the judging categories.

Once those two days have passed, everyone will have the next two days to send in their scorecards to me via e-mail.

If you don't send a scorecard, I will not post your scores from others.

I will compile the scores and post them, along with each individual scorecard.

It would be great if someone wanted to take the lead on running a sim tournament of all the teams but it is not an official part of this league.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#428 » by TDJacksonville » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:58 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:Just wanted to throw out a rough timeline...

Once the final pick has been made, there will be a two day period to make trades and transform your roster post. The idea is to make the case for your team as to why they are the best. It'd be wise to relate as much as possible to the judging categories.

Once those two days have passed, everyone will have the next two days to send in their scorecards to me via e-mail.

It would be great if someone wanted to take the lead on running a sim tournament of all the teams but it is not an official part of this league.
i could run some s out ms but obviously everyone would need to create a what if sim to be included and 2 scrubs(gotta have them 12 man roster)

Sent from my LG-E980 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#429 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:02 pm

TDJacksonville wrote:

i could run some s out ms but obviously everyone would need to create a what if sim to be included and 2 scrubs(gotta have them 12 man roster)

We can use two Magicians that didn't get drafted...but yeah, everyone that would want to be a part of it would need to upload their own team. Even if we only get 8, we can still do a nice tourney.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#430 » by TDJacksonville » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:05 pm

Kinda suprised gordan was available

Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
Scottg247
Pro Prospect
And1: 147

Post#431 » by Scottg247 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:53 am

Guys I am sorry for my tardiness this weekend on here. I am in the hospital. Broken leg and dislocated knee cap. Since i missed the pick and was skipped can I just post my pick?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#432 » by Bensational » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:14 am

considering how weak the C spot is in the Magic talent pool, it's nice to land a guy who was at one point a 14ppg, 8.7rpg, 1.3bpg guy so late in the draft.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#433 » by Bensational » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:15 am

Scottg247 wrote:Guys I am sorry for my tardiness this weekend on here. I am in the hospital. Broken leg and dislocated knee cap. Since i missed the pick and was skipped can I just post my pick?

wow dude, that sucks. what happened??

yeah just post your pick whenevs.
Scottg247
Pro Prospect
And1: 147

Post#434 » by Scottg247 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Bensational wrote:
Scottg247 wrote:Guys I am sorry for my tardiness this weekend on here. I am in the hospital. Broken leg and dislocated knee cap. Since i missed the pick and was skipped can I just post my pick?

wow dude, that sucks. what happened??

yeah just post your pick whenevs.

Mosh pit, haha. Yea prob too old for this. [YouTube][/YouTube]
Broke my leg and knee cap. Going into surgery in about 1 hour. Wish me luck
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#435 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Updated. The Skips are piling up. Just because I am not around to immediately update doesn't mean that the skip doesn't happen. Send a list.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#436 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Looks like we are on pace to finish up today. The two day period to sell your team will begin tomorrow and run through all of Wednesday. Thursday you will need to begin sending in scorecards.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#437 » by TDJacksonville » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:48 am

Almost picked gay john for my foreign team.

Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Re: B-a-T: All-Time Magic - Discussion Thread 

Post#438 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:43 am

As stupid as it is...I finally realized I forgot to rename the thread to discussion thread.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#439 » by TDJacksonville » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:11 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:

Looks like we are on pace to finish up today. The two day period to sell your team will begin tomorrow and run through all of Wednesday. Thursday you will need to begin sending in scorecards.
lets go ;)

Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#440 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Not much effort going in to the roster thread. Still missing 1 team from even posting their roster. Last night to break down your team's strengths to help get the votes.

Tomorrow teams can start sending me their scorecards.

Return to Orlando Magic