ImageImageImageImage

OT: Men's Barbershops in Orlando

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Smooth_E
Sixth Man
And1: 530

Post#1 » by Smooth_E » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:27 am

Currently looking for a new barber. My main spot in Altamonte doesn't do well with the side-part skin fade. Currently looking at Jusincredible Cutz and Liberty Barbershop both in the Milk District (both highest on Yelp). Any suggestions for shops or barbers that are nice with their fade game? I am of Asian ethnicity.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: OT: Men's Barbershops in Orlando 

Post#2 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:06 am

Go see Sam on Michigan Ave and Division St(south of downtown Orlando just east of I-4), barbershop on the right if headed east on Michigan. I forgot the name lol, I'll try to go by there and get the name. He used to cut former FSU and NFL safety Myron Rolle's hair. Tell him Tony sent you.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#3 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:41 am

Justin from Justincredible Cutz cuts my hair. $12 (without tip). Great guy and you're always having conversations with all of the guys in there. I will say that his schedule can be pretty busy, so sometimes you have to be a bit patient and wait 10-15 minutes after your appointment time. He can be very creative if you don't know your preferred haircut specifics, or he will follow your exact instructions if you know what you want. Bonus: It's next to the hot yoga studio.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,624

Post#4 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:12 am

My Barber is Broadway Joe's in Longwood.

Joe cut the hair of many legends including Frank Sinatra.

He is a great guy too.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,588

Post#5 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:22 pm

I spent about $30 and it lasted me years.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Smooth_E
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by Smooth_E » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:54 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I spent about $30 and it lasted me years.

Here's the ironic thing. I'm a hobby barber myself. Been doing it for about 10 years now, but I can't cut my own hair lol
Smooth_E
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by Smooth_E » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:55 pm

Howard Mass wrote:My Barber is Broadway Joe's in Longwood.

Joe cut the hair of many legends including Frank Sinatra.

He is a great guy too.

That's cool! I live in Altamonte, so maybe I'll check that place out. Thanks!
Smooth_E
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Smooth_E » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:56 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Justin from Justincredible Cutz cuts my hair. $12 (without tip). Great guy and you're always having conversations with all of the guys in there. I will say that his schedule can be pretty busy, so sometimes you have to be a bit patient and wait 10-15 minutes after your appointment time. He can be very creative if you don't know your preferred haircut specifics, or he will follow your exact instructions if you know what you want. Bonus: It's next to the hot yoga studio.

Nice! I'm definitely Considering Justin first. I read all the reviews on Yelp and he got all high ratings. Someone said he had great prices, but I didn't think $12 would be it. That's cheaper than the rest! Its cash only, correct? Thanks!
Smooth_E
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by Smooth_E » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:Go see Sam on Michigan Ave and Division St(south of downtown Orlando just east of I-4), barbershop on the right if headed east on Michigan. I forgot the name lol, I'll try to go by there and get the name. He used to cut former FSU and NFL safety Myron Rolle's hair. Tell him Tony sent you.

Thanks, Nem. I appreciate it. Good looking out!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,588

Post#10 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:58 pm

I work in Longwood while many people I work with all go to Waggoner's Family Haircutters just east of Ronald Reagan on 434.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#11 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:13 pm

Smooth_E wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:Justin from Justincredible Cutz cuts my hair. $12 (without tip). Great guy and you're always having conversations with all of the guys in there. I will say that his schedule can be pretty busy, so sometimes you have to be a bit patient and wait 10-15 minutes after your appointment time. He can be very creative if you don't know your preferred haircut specifics, or he will follow your exact instructions if you know what you want. Bonus: It's next to the hot yoga studio.

Nice! I'm definitely Considering Justin first. I read all the reviews on Yelp and he got all high ratings. Someone said he had great prices, but I didn't think $12 would be it. That's cheaper than the rest! Its cash only, correct? Thanks!

Not sure, but I've only paid him in cash so far.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,015

Post#12 » by Driguez » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:59 am

Shear Junkies on I drive, Elvin is the owner and he is pretty sick. You can look him up on IG by shearjunkies

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using RealGM Forums mobile app
"We all we got"- SVG
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,963

Post#13 » by KillMonger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:07 am

If you are able to cut your hair yourself then how about this?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6wYo2mbgFU[/youtube]
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#14 » by MellowRose » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:21 am

I'm in Parramore, but I go over to Old Stars 52 on I-Drive to get my cut. It's about a 15 minute drive, but that's my spot. Angel real nice, try em out.

Also, it's a two story building, so go to the second floor.
londoncollin
Bench Warmer
And1: 231

Post#15 » by londoncollin » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:40 am

Liberty and Justin are both great. Liberty's tough to get in now though. He's always super busy. You can set up an appointment with justin, which makes it easier.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#16 » by Gomagic44 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:37 am

Have to give a shot out to Floyds on Mills Ave near little Saigon. Got my hair and straight razor close shave (with goatee) before my wedding. Ben was the barber, did a great job! The place has a very hipsterish feel to it, and all the barbers are tatted up and all different styles. Pretty cool place. Wasn't unreasonably expensive for the atmosphere(better than Haitian barber place I went to before my dads wedding a few years back near 33rd. Could be I am not Haitian. Other than that, my wife just uses the trimmer.
magic1636
Analyst
And1: 14

Post#17 » by magic1636 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 6:12 pm

Yeah Floyds is good. I go to the one in Winter Park. I originally went there for a haircut and close shave the day before my wedding back in February. I've been going there ever since.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#18 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 6:28 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:Go see Sam on Michigan Ave and Division St(south of downtown Orlando just east of I-4), barbershop on the right if headed east on Michigan. I forgot the name lol, I'll try to go by there and get the name. He used to cut former FSU and NFL safety Myron Rolle's hair. Tell him Tony sent you.

I forgot to come back with the name of this place lol. It's called the Barber spot.

Return to Orlando Magic