ImageImageImageImage

Good educational guess of magic's record this season

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Re: Good educational guess of magic's record this season 

Post#21 » by drsd » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:53 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Lost more than we gained. Wins = 32.

????

crazy math my friend.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#22 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:56 pm

drsd wrote:

????

crazy math my friend.

FYI. We lost Meer and Afflalo

Gained Frye and Ben Gordon.

Afflalo >>> Frye

Meer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ben Freaking Gordon

Magic also got youngest rookie in the draft who will be a non-factor in his rookie developing season.

Magic still stuck with Clueless Vaughn as coach.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#23 » by purpleswordfish » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:31 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
drsd wrote:

????

crazy math my friend.

Afflalo >>> Frye

Meer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ben Freaking Gordon

Magic also got youngest rookie in the draft who will be a non-factor in his rookie developing season.

Keep preaching, BMP. Agree on all points, even the one on Vaughn. He's an awesome guy personally, but his lack of experience shows. My hope has always been that he gets better as the team does. This is not our year.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#24 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:35 pm

purpleswordfish wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Afflalo >>> Frye

Keep preaching, BMP. Agree on all points, even the one on Vaughn. He's an awesome guy personally, but his lack of experience shows. My hope has always been that he gets better as the team does. This is not our year.

I would have loved Vaughn as my teammate or assistant coach, but he is too much of a nice guy, players friend than a Leader and X/O guy. He doesn't appear to hold players accountable or toughen em up kind of coach.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#25 » by Orlwillbeback » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:35 pm

My main complaint with vaughn is that we dont move the ball well, despite the fact that he came from the spurs.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#26 » by Max Power » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:21 pm

I honestly just see Vaughn as the most plain vanilla coach in the whole NBA, he's a placeholder until the team gets relevant talent. I think he gets one year with a fully realized roster at best. Once this team reaches a certain threshold talent wise, a new coach will be brought in the contender-ize this thing. Just think of the Brian Hill to Stan Van Gundy transition.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,697

Post#27 » by Viper1500 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:12 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
drsd wrote:

????

crazy math my friend.

Afflalo >>> Frye

Pretty sure he was referring to the math behind it. "Lost more than we gained", yet went up in the win #'s in comparison to last year. Need to count for player growth.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#28 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Viper1500 wrote:Pretty sure he was referring to the math behind it. "Lost more than we gained", yet went up in the win #'s in comparison to last year. Need to count for player growth.

Magic will be playing to win this year plus Dipo, Harris, Hark and Vooch are all a year more developed. This is where it gets interesting because they will be trying to win games. Do or die time for Vaughn.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#29 » by drsd » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:34 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:crazy math my friend.

To quote you, "Lost more than we gained. Wins = 32."

How can you project a team that is worse to win more?

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#30 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:19 pm

drsd wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:crazy math my friend.

To quote you, "Lost more than we gained. Wins = 32."

How can you project a team that is worse to win more?

Magic will finally be playing to win this year plus Dipo, Harris, Hark and Vooch are all a year more developed. This is where it gets interesting because they will be trying to win games. Do or die time for Vaughn

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,515

Post#31 » by shadrock » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:14 am

I think we will be a very strong team at home this season, but still really struggle on the road. Last season we were 19-22 at home, which is actually remarkably good considering our overall win total was 23. This season, i think we go .600 at home, about 25-16 at home, and then on the road, still quite bad at 15-26, but a huge improvement fropm last season.

So, my prediction is 40-42.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,515

Post#32 » by shadrock » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:17 am

Max Power wrote:Let's be real. This team has no star, much less the two required to be taken seriously. We have potential in Oladipo to be one, Harris maybe also. That's it. The draft picks haven't impressed me at all, Marble excluded. This team wins 27 games max.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah i mean our young guys Payton and Gordon really havent performed well at all over the last few seasons despite being given countless oppourtunities, so its completely justified that you have given up on them. :crazy:
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,874

Post#33 » by Last Guardian » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:29 pm

No question we have plenty of defense, hustle and athleticism. And there is nothing to suggest we won't be an excellent rebounding team.

Question is on offense. At least on paper, we have a functional offense that includes attackers and floor spacers. The combo of Frye dragging an interior player out of the paint with Tobias and Oladipo attacking could be deadly. Big Vuc has a nice post game to dump it into. It probably will start out rough, but I think we could end up a well oiled machine half way into the season.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#34 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Last Guardian wrote:No question we have plenty of defense, hustle and athleticism. And there is nothing to suggest we won't be an excellent rebounding team.

Question is on offense. At least on paper, we have a functional offense that includes attackers and floor spacers. The combo of Frye dragging an interior player out of the paint with Tobias and Oladipo attacking could be deadly. Big Vuc has a nice post game to dump it into. It probably will start out rough, but I think we could end up a well oiled machine half way into the season.

I agree with all but that we still don't have a defense yet. We have the team to provide a solid defense, but still haven't had one for two years thus far. I doubt that changes overnight. You need a hard nosed attention to detail coach for that.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#35 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Losing AA and Jameer will hurt more than a lot of people here seem to believe.

Yes, clearing room for Dipo to "be the man" was necessary and best for this team moving forward but that is a speed bump we can't avoid this season.

While I expect Dipo to have a fabulous year, it will be semi-nerfed by the loss of AA and Nelson.

So if we are really expecting a big spike in the win column then there needs to be a major improvement elsewhere on the roster. Vuc and Harris are guys people quickly turn to for this. Both are very productive players who will remain productive but both lack the crazy athleticism that could allow them an all-star type break out year. Paul George was a guy like that but he took his game to super star level thanks to athleticism and defense. They are pro-athletes, so yes they are athletic but neither is crazy athletic and neither is known for defense. I don't see either giving us much more going forward than they already are (which isn't bad!).

Unless Payton or Gordon can make a push for ROY, I just don't see a lot of extra wins coming for Orlando THIS YEAR.

Next summer we should have cap space in a mega free agent class, another top pick, a lot of nice young assests to build with or trade with and another year of experience for Dipo, Gordon and Payton.

In 2015-16 Orlando is a force in the east. - magicfan101
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#36 » by NEM » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:54 pm

Celtics: 3-1
Nets: 2-2
Knicks: 2-2
76ers: 3-1
Raptors: 1-3

Mavs: 1-1
Rockets: 1-1
Grizz: 1-1
Pelicans: 1-1
Spurs: 0-2

Bulls: 1-3
Cavs: 1-2
Pistons: 2-2
Pacers: 3-0
Bucks: 3-1

Nuggets: 2-0
Timberwolves: 1-1
Thunder: 1-1
Jazz: 2-0
Blazers: 2-0

Hawks: 2-2
Hornets: 0-4
Heat: 3-1
Washington: 1-3

Warriors: 1-1
clippers: 1-1
Lakers: 2-0
Suns: 1-1
Kings: 2 - 0

44-38
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#37 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:06 pm

NEM wrote:Heat: 3-1

Wade, Bosh and Deng is still a pretty strong trio. They are no longer great contenders but they are still very much locked into the playoffs.

Their 2nd to last game is against Orlando. They will likely know their playoff spot at that point and rest their starters so that game is probably a win for Orlando but the other 3 are in the thick of the season. There is no chance a reasonable minded person picks Orlando to win that series 3-1.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#38 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:16 pm

I see the Heat need to prove many people wrong this season. Barring injuries, they should make ECF.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic