ImageImageImageImage

Jameer's Defense

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

g105rick
Sophomore
And1: 45

Re: Jameer's Defense 

Post#21 » by g105rick » Tue Sep 2, 2014 2:56 pm

Jameer sucks. If not for him, Dwight would still be here and the Magic wouldnt suck so much as they do now. Rafer > Meer. Dwight was the greatest thing to happen here and they throw in a midget as a sidekick to Superman. Cant wait til he Dwight comes back.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,901

Post#22 » by drsd » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:04 pm

g105rick wrote:Jameer sucks.

By one metric, Nelson is the #324th best ever player in the NBA. Interestingly, he ranks 8 above Ben Gordon.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/ratings.cgi

Looking at win-shares and players similar by age, I find it interesting that Devin Harris is very similar to Jameer Nelson. But then again, so is Johnny Davis!

I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 838

Post#23 » by I Rasharted » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:06 pm

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,629

Post#24 » by thelead » Tue Sep 2, 2014 9:40 pm

Yup, you guys are right. John Wall was the only pg to torch us over the last 5 years.
thelead
RealGM

Post#25 » by thelead » Tue Sep 2, 2014 10:21 pm

didak wrote:People can knock Meer all they want but one thing you can't knock was his professionalism over the years the guy gave it his all every time he took the court.

Having said that, really excited to see how Elfrid comes up for us. Got a feeling he could be a top 3 PG in a few years down the track, don't know what it is but there's just something about him.

I will definitely give Jameer that. Like I said earlier, I don't blame him for the role he was given. That guy is 100% heart and class (and in his prime, was a deadly scorer).
didak
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#26 » by didak » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:26 am

g105rick wrote:Jameer sucks. If not for him, Dwight would still be here and the Magic wouldnt suck so much as they do now. Rafer > Meer. Dwight was the greatest thing to happen here and they throw in a midget as a sidekick to Superman. Cant wait til he Dwight comes back.

Sorry what?

Dwight showed his true colors by electing to leave our team whilst Meer stuck around. I'd also say Shaq, Penny and even Tmac were greater then the 'Dwight fase'.

Dwight comeback :noway: I don't want this flog taking up a younger guys spot on our roster give it a couple more seasons and he will be a thing of the past in the NBA and the new breed will take over and Dwight will fade into obscurity.
R I P - Kobe Bryant
classic_magic
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#27 » by classic_magic » Wed Sep 3, 2014 5:55 am

we lost NBA finals because if him.
There's some folks, that, if they don't know, you can't tell 'em.
supermelo
Banned User
And1: 27

Post#28 » by supermelo » Wed Sep 3, 2014 5:40 pm

thelead wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J541FpkTC9M[/youtube]

I'm so happy he will no longer be guarding the opposing pg's in this league for us.

Some Infographics interesting about this battle
Spam
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#29 » by Hilltop » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:18 am

thelead wrote:I was very happy when we drafted him but very disappointed with the role we gave him. I always viewed him as our sixth man/spark plug ala Jason Terry or Jamal Crawford. Not his fault, and he was pretty good for a decent stretch but his last 3-4 years were awful.

It's unfortunate that many of us projected our frustrations on him for playing a role he was given but it is what it is. He was always more suited as a sixth man and that became harder and harder to ignore as the team came closer to contending for a championship.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Hilltop » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:31 am

classic_magic wrote:we lost NBA finals because if him.

I hated that we ran with Jameer in the Finals but had we still lost to the Lakers, I have a feeling that many on this board would have still complained and blamed SVG regardless. Jameer was an All-Star that year and we already knew he was somewhat healthy and willing to play. Hindsight is 20/20 but I'm sure there were many here who would have taken a gamble on it at the time.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#31 » by Orlwillbeback » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:34 am

Hilltop wrote:

I hated that we ran with Jameer in the Finals but had we still lost to the Lakers, I have a feeling that many on this board would have still complained and blamed SVG regardless. Jameer was an All-Star that year and we already knew he was somewhat healthy and willing to play. Hindsight is 20/20 but I'm sure there were many here who would have taken a gamble on it at the time.

Jameer was not healthy at all those finals. He was completely unprepared to play after recovering from injury. Huge mistake not going with rafer.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Hilltop » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:38 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:
Hilltop wrote:

Jameer was not healthy at all those finals. He was completely unprepared to play after recovering from injury. Huge mistake not going with rafer.

No arguments there. Just saying that we might have heard complaints regardless.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Post#33 » by Bensational » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:37 am

Hilltop wrote:

yeah, if we'd lost people would have found something to blame.

i still think that the Rafer-Hedo combo made that team run a lot smoother. even when Jameer was healthy at the start of that season, his impact was largely based off of what he scored. he never seemed like the guy who found people in the right place, he was just a guy who knew he had to drive, then kick it out to the corner. Rafer/Hedo knew how defenses reacted, and they capitalized off of that. That's how guys like Lewis, Pietrus, JJ, Lee all came to life in the playoffs, because they were being fed the ball at the right times in the right places.

plus, Rafer played defense. he wouldn't have stood there and watched Fisher drain a 3 over his head.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,988

Post#34 » by p0peye » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:57 am

Let's pretend that Jameer wasn't instrumental in our two wins in regular season over Lakers. Little guy killed them and was considered as major weapon on our side in this matchup.
thelead
RealGM

Post#35 » by thelead » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:32 pm

p0peye wrote:Let's pretend that Jameer wasn't instrumental in our two wins in regular season over Lakers. Little guy killed them and was considered as major weapon on our side in this matchup.

*when healthy and not ruining the cohesion that the team built getting to the finals.

You forgot that part though
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Post#36 » by Bensational » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:29 am

p0peye wrote:Let's pretend that Jameer wasn't instrumental in our two wins in regular season over Lakers. Little guy killed them and was considered as major weapon on our side in this matchup.

are we going to pretend that the same Jameer showed up to the finals?

i would have loved nothing more than to see Jameer putting up 27 and 28 point games, shooting 68% from the field and over 50% from 3. his numbers to start that season were Steph Curry good. unfortunately, he never got back to that place.

Return to Orlando Magic