ImageImageImageImage

Magic RealGM B League Discussion Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

grayson11
Bench Warmer
And1: 58

Re: Official Magic RealGM B League Thread 

Post#61 » by grayson11 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:57 pm

OrlandoMagic wrote:I think he believes he selected Davis with his pick. LoL

I can't think of any other player that could be called 'THE BROW'.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Post#62 » by dsg2021 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Bensational wrote:So is MellowRose skipped and Hilltop on the clock now?

Yes sir.

I have emailed and forum PM'd MellowRose a couple times. So my last PM just gave him some nice tips on drafting with skipped picks too incase he can't make it in time.

I bet Hilltop is doing the Gentleman's clock right now for MellowRose, but you are good to go anytime you want Hilltop.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Post#63 » by dsg2021 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:59 pm

MellowRose got a great pick in with Carmelo! Dude has the NYK offense all around him.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#64 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:18 pm

While I love doing them, these drafts are so painfully slow. Crazy how quick people sign up and then are nowhere to be found.

Even if you plan on being around for your pick...you should still send a list to someone picking after you. Once you are 3-4 picks away, it should be automatic.
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#65 » by MellowRose » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:46 pm

Apologize to all of you guys for holding this up. Just been swamped lately. I thought no one had selected AD, so was laughing to myself thinking I got him with the 9th. LOL. My bad. I'll be sure to get the other ones up quickly.

Hilltop, thanks for being patient and waiting. Won't happen again.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#66 » by Hilltop » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:32 pm

No worries, man.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#67 » by Bensational » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:53 am

Damn, I was hoping to nab Drummond in a later round. That's pretty early to take him. But with SVG at the helm he might have a breakout season. But with his low FT%, you're gonna have to hope he's a league leader in points, fg%, rebounds and blocks to justify taking him so high.

Not a criticism though. I'm just annoyed you disrupted my plans to take him later. ;)
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#68 » by OrlandoMagic » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:27 pm

LoL.... I actually almost sorta not really feel bad now Ben...
But in all reality I think rankings are a joke. I draft all over the board.
Anyways if you do like him enough I'm always open ears to any trade talks!
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#69 » by OrlandoMagic » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:34 pm

Hilltop - is there any way we can sticky a b league draft thread so we don't have to keep scrolling down to find the thread? If so I think a league would appreciate it as well.
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#70 » by MellowRose » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Zmill with some knockout picks. LA and BG??? Goddamn.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by Hilltop » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:26 am

OrlandoMagic wrote:Hilltop - is there any way we can sticky a b league draft thread so we don't have to keep scrolling down to find the thread? If so I think a league would appreciate it as well.

Done
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by Bensational » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:45 am

Hilltop wrote:
OrlandoMagic wrote:Hilltop - is there any way we can sticky a b league draft thread so we don't have to keep scrolling down to find the thread? If so I think a league would appreciate it as well.

Done

you got a pick in mind?

not rushing you. i'm up in 2 and still not 100% sure who i want at this point.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by Hilltop » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:58 am

Bensational wrote:
Hilltop wrote:

Done

you got a pick in mind?

not rushing you. i'm up in 2 and still not 100% sure who i want at this point.

Yup, I scooped up Jefferson. Took me a bit of time to decide and I still ended up rolling the dice on that pick. There was another player I equally coveted at that spot :wink:
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by Hilltop » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:04 am

Bensational wrote:Damn, I was hoping to nab Drummond in a later round. That's pretty early to take him. But with SVG at the helm he might have a breakout season. But with his low FT%, you're gonna have to hope he's a league leader in points, fg%, rebounds and blocks to justify taking him so high.

He doesn't have the volume (compared to someone like Howard) to really sabotage that category so it doesn't bother me too much, especially not in a H2H setup. I would have been very surprised to see him slip past Round 2.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by Bensational » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:31 am

Hilltop wrote:
Bensational wrote:Damn, I was hoping to nab Drummond in a later round. That's pretty early to take him. But with SVG at the helm he might have a breakout season. But with his low FT%, you're gonna have to hope he's a league leader in points, fg%, rebounds and blocks to justify taking him so high.

He doesn't have the volume (compared to someone like Howard) to really sabotage that category so it doesn't bother me too much, especially not in a H2H setup. I would have been very surprised to see him slip past Round 2.

does volume play into it? i thought it was the average of every player's average for the day/week?

it will be interesting to see what Stan does with him. can he convince him to be that elite role player that he wanted Dwight to be, or will he want him to be a central force like later Dwight insisted on being?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by Bensational » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:49 pm

i'm going to bed. I'll send my picks to Hilltop. if he's not able to make a pick for me, then I'll just wait til I'm awake to do it.
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#77 » by MellowRose » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:29 pm

This might be a stupid suggestion, but why can't each user pick a top 4 players they'd like for that round, and send it to Hilltop or DSG?

So, for the 3rd round, each user would make a top 3/4 list of who they'd like, and if their top pick isn't available, then you go to the second player on the ranking.

And we do this for every round.

Wouldn't this be more efficient? Most of the times, we're debating between 1-2 players for each pick anyways, and ranking them wouldn't bee to difficult.

Just an idea.
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#78 » by RYgoBOOM » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:54 pm

MellowRose wrote:This might be a stupid suggestion, but why can't each user pick a top 4 players they'd like for that round, and send it to Hilltop or DSG?

So, for the 3rd round, each user would make a top 3/4 list of who they'd like, and if their top pick isn't available, then you go to the second player on the ranking.

Wouldn't this be more efficient? Most of the times, we're debating between 1-2 players for each pick anyways, and ranking them wouldn't bee to difficult.

Just an idea.

I wouldn't personally. Then 2 people know who is getting picked every time lol
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#79 » by MellowRose » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:29 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:
MellowRose wrote:This might be a stupid suggestion, but why can't each user pick a top 4 players they'd like for that round, and send it to Hilltop or DSG?

Just an idea.

We could always pick somebody from A league to send it to, since at least one of their users is bound to be active to make this work. I think this method would really speed things up...I mean we could do it just for a few rounds until we're almost done or something lol.
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#80 » by RYgoBOOM » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:04 pm

MellowRose wrote:
RYgoBOOM wrote:

Just an idea.

We could always pick somebody from A league to send it to, since at least one of their users is bound to be active to make this work. I think this method would really speed things up...I mean we could do it just for a few rounds until we're almost done or something lol.

What if I pick 4 players and then they go 4,7,8,9? in the next round lol
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!

Return to Orlando Magic