ImageImageImageImage

Magic RealGM A League Discussion Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Magic RealGM A League Discussion Thread 

Post#1 » by Skin » Mon Sep 8, 2014 5:40 am

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???

Welcome to the Official Magic RealGM A League Discussion Thread!

The competition is sure to be more intense this year! 4 of the top dogs from the B League have infiltrated our league and are hungry to prove themselves. In addition we have contracted the league from 16 teams to 14 teams which means more talented teams to face!

I won't repeat the settings here since you can find them on the site and nothing has changed from last season.

The draft will be held on the forums in classic tradition. The draft order will be snake style and allow for trading.

Contact Info:

1. Horace Grant - have cell
2. Skin - dapigskins@ yahoo
3. Your Mom! - Edrock624@ gmail
4. TNMagicFan - have cell
5. magicfan4life05 - crazywhite111 @yahoo
6. Hotshot Hower
7. Fendi's Fine Team - fendilim @gmail
8. Brian R's Best Team - brianroberts2526@yahoo.com
9. p0peye - branko [dot] ivanovic [at] gmail
10. Dwightmare - dwightmeer @yahoo (have cell)
11. MitchellUK - andrewmmitchell @hotmail
12. Magicman123 - orlandomagic556 @yahoo
13. Magic08 - paul.berti @hotmail
14. Blue and Whte - blue_and_whte @yahoo

CONGRATULATIONS once again to Horace Grant for winning first place last year! ...and for the competitors this year...

GO HARD OR GO HOME!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljtv4-WK_Ow[/youtube]

Draft Thread
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1344868&p=41091881#p41091881
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Re: Magic RealGM A League Thread 

Post#2 » by HoraceGrant » Mon Sep 8, 2014 3:09 pm

Here's hoping for a repeat!
Skin
RealGM

Post#3 » by Skin » Mon Sep 8, 2014 10:06 pm

HOORAY!!! All 14 teams have signed up for the league. So the next question is...

WHEN DO YOU WANT TO DRAFT?
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#4 » by MitchellUK » Mon Sep 8, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm ready when you guys are. Injuries killed me in the regular season last year, so going to try and avoid the same drafting mistakes (went for a high risk, high reward pick with Brook Lopez, for example) I made last season.
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#5 » by Dwightmare » Tue Sep 9, 2014 12:36 am

Nice thread! Thanks for setting it up.

Ready to start drafting whenever.
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by HoraceGrant » Tue Sep 9, 2014 1:25 am

Yep, I am ready to start the draft whenever you guys want.
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#7 » by TNMagicFan » Tue Sep 9, 2014 2:46 am

I'm ready when you guys are . Nice thread Skin :)
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#8 » by fendilim » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:04 am

lets go
Skin
RealGM

Post#9 » by Skin » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:02 am

TNMagicFan wrote:I'm ready when you guys are . Nice thread Skin :)

Thanks, I had fun making the banner and like how it came out.

Once everybody checks in we can start drafting. I'll send out a league announcement via Yahoo.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#10 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 11:07 am

I'm ready
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#11 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Sep 9, 2014 11:59 am

Ready. And thanks for the opportunity to play in A league. Pretty sweet.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,988

Post#12 » by p0peye » Tue Sep 9, 2014 2:05 pm

Let's go! 8h per pick, as usual?
Edrock
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#13 » by Edrock » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:25 pm

Your Mom! Checking in
Skin
RealGM

Post#14 » by Skin » Tue Sep 9, 2014 6:52 pm

Alright, then let's get started.

We'll start with no clock in Round 1. This gives everyone a chance to realize the draft started without skipping anyone. Starting in Round 2, I would like to propose a new 6 hour clock instead of our traditional 8 hour clock. If you know you won't be around, then feel free to send your board to me or someone else. If no pick has been made after 6 hours from the last pick made then you will be automatically skipped and can make your pick when you return. If this results in more than 2 skips in 1 round then we will push it back to 8 hours.

I have run MANY (too many to count) forum drafts like these in the past. Not at this forum, but at draftcountdown.com/forum where I am currently an administrator. I have found it to be the most effective when the members of the league:

1) Have sent me their cell phone numbers for me (or others) to text them when they are OTC (on the clock). I would welcome everyone to PM me your cell numbers if you are willing to receive text messages. In no way would your numbers be abused. I will send you my number in return. This also works well with talking out trades too. I know many have expressed the desire to have a more exciting league and this is certainly a big way to improve that. Email conversations are an archaic means of communication these days. I know some folks are in international zones, so I wouldn't expect that of them, but for the guys who live in the United States, I strongly hope that you share your number with the league to open up communication lines. If you only want to receive texts for the draft then I will respect those wishes as well.

Some of you guys have your emails hidden on the Yahoo site, so we can't email you when you are OTC. Please share your email so I can list it in the first post, and please remember to email the next person who picks after you after you have made your pick. If you kindly accept text messages, then please PM me your numbers. I cannot stress enough how great it is to communicate via text message.

2) Have sent in a list or big board to someone else to make their pick for them when they know they might be gone and their pick is a few picks away.

3) Don't abuse the clock by waiting for trade offers. Just because you have a time limit to make the pick, that does not afford you the time to sit around and wait for offers to make a trade. The time for trading is before or after you are OTC, so one rule I will implement is NO TRADES WILL BE ALLOWED AFTER THE FIRST HALF OF YOUR CLOCK HAS EXPIRED. For example, if the clock is set for 6 hour time limits, then you are only allowed to complete a trade during the first 3 hours. After that, we will not allow the trade to be processed.

4) Check the progress of the draft before you leave the forums. You would be surprised to know how many times I have seen posters posting in other threads and then leaving the forums for the day/night without realizing they were OTC the whole time.

5) If you make a trade, an even number of assets must be swapped. For example, you cannot trade 1 pick or player for 3 picks or players. There is no league veto function to prohibit trades during a live forum draft, so if there is majority turmoil against a trade made by the posters in the thread, then the trade will be nixed. With 14 of us here, that means 8 or more posters must be against the trade.

6) No name dropping. An unspoken gentleman's rule.

7) I know we traditionally have a Discussion thread and Draft thread, but I would like to keep it all in once place. So let's do the draft here. I will update the first post per norm.

8) If you REALLY want a fun league, then please keep this thread alive and pumping throughout the season. AN ACTIVE DISCUSSION THREAD = A FUN LEAGUE. I know this from experience. Action and Drama make for a great league! Let's make that happen here!

9) Subscribe to this thread so you are notified when updates are made (recommendation only).

10) THIS IS THE A LEAGUE. GO HARD OR GO HOME.

With that Horace Grant can officially make the 1st pick.
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by HoraceGrant » Tue Sep 9, 2014 7:27 pm

Alrighty, well I guess we shall begin! With the first pick in the A League Draft, I will take Kevin Durant.
Skin
RealGM

Post#16 » by Skin » Tue Sep 9, 2014 8:26 pm

Team Skin selects PF/C Anthony Davis.

Edrock
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#17 » by Edrock » Tue Sep 9, 2014 8:50 pm

For the 3rd Pick (1st round 3rd pick) Your Mom! Selects LeBron James (F) Cleveland Cavaliers
Skin
RealGM

Post#18 » by Skin » Tue Sep 9, 2014 9:07 pm

Edrock wrote:For the 3rd Pick (1st round 3rd pick) Your Mom! Selects LeBron James (F) Cleveland Cavaliers

I had a tough time passing on Lebron. Probably didn't think you would land him here, huh?

Also, could you PM me your email? ...and cell number (if you don't mind).
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#19 » by TNMagicFan » Tue Sep 9, 2014 11:06 pm

dang man I wanted Anthony Davis lol ok I guess I will go with Steph Curry then
Skin
RealGM

Post#20 » by Skin » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:54 am

Per email, magicfan4life selects PF Kevin Love.

Return to Orlando Magic