ImageImageImageImage

Magic Bringing Curry, Batts, Siva, Crawford to Camp

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

jaredisbored
Ballboy
And1: 35

Magic Bringing Curry, Batts, Siva, Crawford to Camp 

Post#1 » by jaredisbored » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:59 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MagicInsider/status/511904849072750593[/tweet]
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Re: Magic Bringing Curry, Batts, Siva, Crawford to Camp 

Post#2 » by Orlwillbeback » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:01 pm

I like curry better than siva but alas he does not fit this defensive hard worker mold henny seems to love.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#3 » by Hogified05 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:07 am

I hope curry sticks. We could use a shooter and I see him being flexible enough to play the 1 and 2 like his brother.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#4 » by fendilim » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:47 am

I really like Curry being invited. Hopefully he sticks and improves his game speed. His shooting accuracy is special but his shot release is considerably slow, which certainly doesn't help his game considering he has quite slow foot speed as well.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#5 » by drsd » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:03 am

I am not sure if Peyton Siva is already signed so he can be waived. It will be interesting to see if Orlando makes a Siva-like deal for Curry. For the 2015/16 season, I can see both as excellent 3rd men at the PG and SG slots, respectively. Stong play on the practice squad will really help forces Payton and Oladipo's defense. And that practice-squad play is really about what deep bench players are about.

I had never heard of Kadeem Batts before and his NCAA stats are not inspiring.

Drew Crawford has an NBA body. He was a scorer in college, so if he can develop an NBA 3-ball, he might find a place in the league after a couple years of physical development. Interesting fact I learned is that he is the son of NBA ref Danny Crawford.

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#6 » by drsd » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:16 am

An interesting story about Curry and what it would take to find himself in Erie, as I speculate above.

RU link: Will Erie BayHawks Acquire The NBA D-League Rights Of Seth Curry?

The Warriors hold Curry's D-League rights. Traditionally in a situation like this, Curry would return to Santa Cruz, if the Magic let him go. That could still very well happen.

Having said that, it's clear Orlando has taken a liking to Curry following Summer League and the training camp invite. They see something there and seemingly value it, so perhaps they'd like to keep a closer eye on him along the way, should they deem him to not be ready for the big leagues just yet.

In order to do so, they'd have to trade for his D-League rights. There are reportedly already plans for Peyton Siva to participate in camp and then subsequently join the newly affiliated Erie BayHawks. Could Curry be next in line?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#7 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:30 pm

drsd wrote:I am not sure if Peyton Siva is already signed so he can be waived. It will be interesting to see if Orlando makes a Siva-like deal for Curry. For the 2015/16 season, I can see both as excellent 3rd men at the PG and SG slots, respectively. Stong play on the practice squad will really help forces Payton and Oladipo's defense. And that practice-squad play is really about what deep bench players are about.

I had never heard of Kadeem Batts before and his NCAA stats are not inspiring.

Drew Crawford has an NBA body. He was a scorer in college, so if he can develop an NBA 3-ball, he might find a place in the league after a couple years of physical development. Interesting fact I learned is that he is the son of NBA ref Danny Crawford.

I see what Rob is doing. Getting in good with the refs. That's genius. I want us to go to the FT line 50 times whenever Danny Crawford is working our games.
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic