ImageImageImageImage

Pride Jerseys

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

orlandojnf
Junior
And1: 71

Re: Pride Jerseys 

Post#21 » by orlandojnf » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:28 am

who cares. lets focus on winning and less on how we look.

theyre not that bad.
Showbiz Bear
Rookie
And1: 477

Post#22 » by Showbiz Bear » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:43 am

Variety is the spice of life.

I dig 'em.

darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#23 » by darthcheech2000 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:55 am

People wore the **** out of ed hardy shirts... These look great by comparison.
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#24 » by MellowRose » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 am

Is it illegal to bring back the late 90's pinstripe jerseys? Magic jersey sales would increase a tremendous amount if they'd bring those back. Even non-Magic fans would buy them. Shame.
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#25 » by paperboymafia » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:40 am

they're OK
MrOrlando
Starter
And1: 88

Post#26 » by MrOrlando » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:43 am

The pinstripes are too big, they should have focused more of the remake of their old grey jersey, as seen here:

http://www.jerseysalike.com/images/v/jerseys/nba/orlando-magic/penny-hardaway/1-blue.jpg

They should have thinned out the pinstripes, made them royal blue, and darkened the grey color a little more. That would have been nice. Also, I don't mind the sleeves really, it's not that big a deal. They do appear to be extremely baggy too, what's up with that?
MrOrlando
Starter

Post#27 » by MrOrlando » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:45 am

MellowRose wrote:Is it illegal to bring back the late 90's pinstripe jerseys? Magic jersey sales would increase a tremendous amount if they'd bring those back. Even non-Magic fans would buy them. Shame.

They can't bring them back, they're only allowed to wear them I think 15 times a season? Plus they're part of the Hardwood Classics line, I'm sure there is a deal in place there as well. They'll sell jerseys regardless. I'd like to pick up an Oladipo one when I visit Orlando for the home opener.
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#28 » by MellowRose » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:54 am

MrOrlando wrote:
MellowRose wrote:Is it illegal to bring back the late 90's pinstripe jerseys? Magic jersey sales would increase a tremendous amount if they'd bring those back. Even non-Magic fans would buy them. Shame.

They can't bring them back, they're only allowed to wear them I think 15 times a season? Plus they're part of the Hardwood Classics line, I'm sure there is a deal in place there as well. They'll sell jerseys regardless. I'd like to pick up an Oladipo one when I visit Orlando for the home opener.

So those jerseys will NEVER be our primary jerseys ever? What if they tweaked them a little bit?
MrOrlando
Starter

Post#29 » by MrOrlando » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:56 am

MellowRose wrote:
MrOrlando wrote:

So those jerseys will NEVER be our primary jerseys ever? What if they tweaked them a little bit?

No, probably not. I want to say the Magic have said they won't go back to the classic versions since the past is the past. Our current jerseys are a slight nod to the classics with the pinstripes and color scheme.
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#30 » by orlando1214 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:12 pm

I don't mind them. Not the best jerseys ever but they look alright. The sleeves are obviously horrible, but I think these are probably the best looking sleeve jerseys out there, although that's not saying much.

The one thing I actually do really like is the stripe down the side. It looks so much better than the stupid color panels on the main jerseys. I actually think I would love the main jerseys a lot more if they had the stripe instead. Actually, give me that and straight pinstripes down the front, and I think our jerseys would look incredible.
jernigan
Pro Prospect
And1: 118

Post#31 » by jernigan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Eh, I don't love em, but I don't hate em. So I say..

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#32 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:14 pm

These Jersey's rock! May be the first Jersey I buy in the past decade!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#33 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:16 pm

Not bad. I think I'd like them more without the sleeves and black pinstripes and trim instead of white.
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#34 » by MellowRose » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:17 pm

These are slowly starting to grow on me. They really probably are one of the best sleeved jerseys in the NBA.
Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#35 » by Flannerz » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:17 pm

They're disgusting, I won't be buying one!
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#36 » by tranjSAIC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Got that's ugly, but honestly not what I was expecting when I opened this thread. I thought it would be about rainbow colored jerseys lol
Orange Ave.
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Post#37 » by Orange Ave. » Wed Oct 1, 2014 7:07 pm

I love them.

- It is generally socially unacceptable to wear tank tops around town.

- It is okay to run to around town in a sleeved sports jersey. (MLB, NHL, NFL, MLS, etc...)

So I think we need to accept these sleeved jerseys as great ideas. Aside from how it may look on an NBA court, people will wear these sleeved magic jerseys out and about, at least I know I will. I would never go through the trouble of wearing two layers of clothes just so I can wear my Magic jersey to Home Depot or Target. The NBA and Adidas know this which is why they are pushing it.

- About the design

As noted before, this color has already been sold at retail, if not on the court. Penny and T-Mac got versions.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the Silver color. (The team's colors are Magic Black, Electric Blue, and Quick Silver).

Since the font and number are in the team's primary color of blue, the stripes could not feasably be black or blue, the design would have been too busy and convoluted for the clean, smooth feel of our current jerseys. So white it is. They did widen the pinstripes a bit which I love because it adds to their visiblity.

Now how do you blend SLANTED pinstripes into sleeves? You can't, so you have to cut them off at some point. Instead of some thin line, the design went with a very thick blue band. I think its bold and strong and the defining feature of the jersey. Your eye is immediately drawn to it. Anything less than what they did and it would have looked like a regular jersey with an undershirt underneath.

The narrowing of the side paneling keeps it in balance with the shoulder bands. One doesn't over power the other, and again, it's all about where you want eyes to go.

At the end of the day, the question is will people buy these. I know not everyone will, but a suburbanite like me who isn't gonna walk around town in a sleeveless jersey is gonna LOVE wearing this everywhere he goes, every chance he gets.

Also, I read someone say it reminded them of Tron, which made me love them more.

cigamodnalro: "Orange Ave...One of my favorite guys here."

zuppafly: "Orange Ave was not a bandwagoner. He is a long time magic fan."
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,504

Post#38 » by AddiFB » Wed Oct 1, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm buying one. Payton or Gordon. Maybe Dipo. Got a Harris black sleeved one with the secondary logo on the chest and 12 on one of the sleeves. Love it.

Sent from my mancave
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#39 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Oct 1, 2014 7:36 pm

I like these shirts. I may actually buy one because I would never wear a tank jersey.
aka: prorl
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#40 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 1, 2014 7:49 pm

I wonder if they have a BBD one. Otherwise, I will get Ben Gordon just so I can write "I Hate" before his name.

Seriously, I would probably get Payton tho or Vooch. Would be cool if it actually said Vooch on it.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic