ImageImageImageImage

NBA Pre-Season Game 4: Orlando Magic vs. Flamengo

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Re: NBA Pre-Season Game 4: Orlando Magic vs. Flamengo 

Post#421 » by tiderulz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:57 am

ayjaykhanna wrote:Didn't watch the game. All I heard was about the turnover saga by Elfrid Payton. Do you guys think he truly deserves the Rondo comparison? I don't really see it...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Rondo is a player that can affect the game by his passing and defense, not his scoring. That is Elf's game. And multiple NBA scouts peg Rondo as his closest comparison, and I agree. Though i tend to actually watch him play :wink: before making a judgement
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Post#422 » by tiderulz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Showbiz Bear wrote:Damn it, I'm not in mid-season-hot-guy-picture-posting form. But this is the preseason, everyone makes mistakes. Sorry 'Blitz.

In the meantime, I wanna echo Smooth's sentiment about Gordon: I wanted Exum. Badly. But everything I'm seeing from AG is making me fall in love with his game, his attitude, and his work ethic. That post game interview with Dante, along with his other interviews throughout the off-season, showed me the maturity, the quiet confidence, and the drive to improve. I love this kid's game.

This is what I get for doubting Hennigan. Never again. I was wrong.

post game interview with Dante?
rb1magicfan
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#423 » by rb1magicfan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:49 pm

My Brother and I went to the game last night.We have had season tickets in the lower bowl and club level for the last several years.This year because of an increased travel schedule at work we decided to purchase the 7 game luxury box package and supplement that with a few single game tickets and the $79.00 pass for oct.-nov games. This package is pretty neat 7 dollars per game is a great price but we are spoiled and decided to check out the up grade options they give you in the app.We upgraded to court side 113 row 9 for 23.00 per ticket not bad at all.I know it was pre season but because they will not let you up grade until 20 min before tip off you can get some good deals on seats they know they will not sell.Btw you get in the arena with your app and a bar code then they text you your seats 15 min before tip and if you do not like them you still have an option to up grade.Pretty cool.

Btw sitting so close I really got to see up close how good Aaron Gordon actually is.This is no exaggeration i have seen a lot of basketball in my life and have never seen a young player play that kind of D.He is an elite defender right now!!! Great feel and awesome speed and lateral quickness.If he does not win defensive player of the year at least 4 times I will be shocked.
Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#424 » by Flannerz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:50 pm

Really tempted to get League Pass after reading all this
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,128

Post#425 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:07 pm

rb1magicfan wrote:
Btw sitting so close I really got to see up close how good Aaron Gordon actually is.This is no exaggeration i have seen a lot of basketball in my life and have never seen a young player play that kind of D.He is an elite defender right now!!! Great feel and awesome speed and lateral quickness.If he does not win defensive player of the year at least 4 times I will be shocked.

Interesting that you mentioned that because during draft time he said his main goal is to be the best defender in the league and I have never ever heard a draft pick or a young player in general say that.
aka: prorl
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,229

Post#426 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:15 pm

The perfect team for Aaron to show what he can do and build his confidence. I mean Walter Hermman was guarding him... so... yeah, but I'll take a game like that any day. Harkless better step it up...
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#427 » by Gomagic44 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:31 pm

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,229

Post#428 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:32 pm

Last Guardian wrote:Isn't Willie one of the biggest Magic killers? Glad he is on our team now.
Yeah I'm a little confused...Does nobody remember that Willie Green is actually pretty good? I mean, he played pretty well against us throughout his career.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#429 » by Gomagic44 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:01 pm

Gordon and Payton looked good last night. Sure, Payton had a few turnovers, but his passing instincts are there! Also, I freaking love our fast pace offense. Night and day from last year!

RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#430 » by RYgoBOOM » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:06 pm

It's good to see some of AG's doubters realize the potential this kid has. I mean even if you take him for what he is right now...... He's a give 120% on every play guy that doesn't need plays called for him to be effective. I'll take throwing him into the fire any day given the skill set he has this early is his career.

It's gonna be a great year watching EP and AG grow
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,494

Post#431 » by doct3r dr3 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:The perfect team for Aaron to show what he can do and build his confidence. I mean Walter Hermman was guarding him... so... yeah

Yeah, just to underscore the point, he was facing a non-NBA team with one player over 6'9" (Marquinos - 6'10"). Scores 15 points worth of tip-ins in a preseason game -- his best showing yet... "I'm gonna be a beast." :roll:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#432 » by j-ragg » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:13 pm

They may not be big but that team plays harder than most NBA teams would in the preseason.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,328

NBA Pre-Season Game 4: Orlando Magic vs. Flamengo 

Post#433 » by tooler » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Make NBA teams keep him off the offensive boards for 82 games then. Some teams will, some teams won't. It will be second string small forwards, mind you.

At least he has a job to do this season.

"We want to be a team other teams hate to play"
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#434 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:37 pm

doct3r dr3 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:The perfect team for Aaron to show what he can do and build his confidence. I mean Walter Hermman was guarding him... so... yeah

Yeah, just to underscore the point, he was facing a non-NBA team with one player over 6'9" (Marquinos - 6'10"). Scores 15 points worth of tip-ins in a preseason game -- his best showing yet... "I'm gonna be a beast." :roll:

Someone drank their haterade this morning.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,494

Post#435 » by doct3r dr3 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm just reporting facts.
And including smileys.
Smileys that represent my actual facial reaction to the events.
So facts.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,588

Post#436 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:51 pm

rb1magicfan wrote:My Brother and I went to the game last night.We have had season tickets in the lower bowl and club level for the last several years.This year because of an increased travel schedule at work we decided to purchase the 7 game luxury box package and supplement that with a few single game tickets and the $79.00 pass for oct.-nov games. This package is pretty neat 7 dollars per game is a great price but we are spoiled and decided to check out the up grade options they give you in the app.We upgraded to court side 113 row 9 for 23.00 per ticket not bad at all.I know it was pre season but because they will not let you up grade until 20 min before tip off you can get some good deals on seats they know they will not sell.Btw you get in the arena with your app and a bar code then they text you your seats 15 min before tip and if you do not like them you still have an option to up grade.Pretty cool.

I witnessed Rodmans rookie season and Aaron reminds me of a better Rodman but with superior offense.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#437 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:Isn't Willie one of the biggest Magic killers? Glad he is on our team now.
Yeah I'm a little confused...Does nobody remember that Willie Green is actually pretty good? I mean, he played pretty well against us throughout his career.

Definitely, better than BG!

Henny, quick re-sign Willie for $4.5!!! 8-)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#438 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:54 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:It's good to see some of AG's doubters realize the potential this kid has. I mean even if you take him for what he is right now...... He's a give 120% on every play guy that doesn't need plays called for him to be effective. I'll take throwing him into the fire any day given the skill set he has this early is his career.

It's gonna be a great year watching EP and AG grow

Commentators stated Aaron did not have one single play called for him last night and he still went 15/9. That is incredible for a 19 year old much less a starter.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 301

Post#439 » by MagicHolland » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:05 pm

AddiFB wrote:We have some very capable dunkers on this team..

Aaron Gordon
Victor Oladipo
Maurice Harkless
Tobias Harris
Elfrid Payton

And then there are...

Nicola Vucevic
Kyle O'Quinn

Remember when we had mainly just one guy capable of dunking? Dwight. The rest were just slow wing players, with an occasional Courtney Lee dunk and then later what seemed like a slow motion replay of a half-man, half-retired Vince Carter dunk... oh and a few super-rare "throwdowns" by Hedo, so rare, they were added to the Bible as a miracle. Yeah a dunk here and there by Bass... but we were slow and mainly jump shooting team.

Now we runnin...

You're forgetting Pietrus though, and some real nice Ariza slams.. But yeah we're way more athletic and our new up tempo style will lead to more fast break dunks..
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,015

Post#440 » by Driguez » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:05 pm

doct3r dr3 wrote:

Don't make me go BMP on yo ass :lol: but yeah, it was a silly comment from a 19 yo rook. He gotta let his game speak for himself but I do like his confidence, hopefully he's strong minded to keep that confidence thru out the season.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using RealGM Forums mobile app
"We all we got"- SVG

Return to Orlando Magic