ImageImageImageImage

NBA Pre-Season Game 4: Orlando Magic vs. Flamengo

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: NBA Pre-Season Game 4: Orlando Magic vs. Flamengo 

Post#441 » by OrlandO » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:45 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Showbiz Bear wrote:Damn it, I'm not in mid-season-hot-guy-picture-posting form. But this is the preseason, everyone makes mistakes. Sorry 'Blitz.

In the meantime, I wanna echo Smooth's sentiment about Gordon: I wanted Exum. Badly. But everything I'm seeing from AG is making me fall in love with his game, his attitude, and his work ethic. That post game interview with Dante, along with his other interviews throughout the off-season, showed me the maturity, the quiet confidence, and the drive to improve. I love this kid's game.

This is what I get for doubting Hennigan. Never again. I was wrong.

post game interview with Dante?

At the end of the highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r51cxRbgY7E
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#442 » by KillMonger » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:48 pm

What has been really good about AG so far is that he's gotten better every game so far. Shows that what i've heard is completely correct that he's very coachable. It's going to be interesting to see how his game improves, i really like his foundation just got to keep building it from here.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#443 » by OrlandO » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:58 pm

doct3r dr3 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:The perfect team for Aaron to show what he can do and build his confidence. I mean Walter Hermman was guarding him... so... yeah

Yeah, just to underscore the point, he was facing a non-NBA team with one player over 6'9" (Marquinos - 6'10"). Scores 15 points worth of tip-ins in a preseason game -- his best showing yet... "I'm gonna be a beast." :roll:

He's a young rookie who likes to talk, so he's a bit unfiltered right now. He's basically saying what he's thinking. He'll learn what and what not to say, but I see nothing wrong with him thinking he'll be a beast. I'm sure Oladipo and Harris have been thinking the same about their futures.

Anyway, Miles Plumlee had a promising sophomore season last year putting up 8/8 averages in 25 mins... well, the 26 year old third-year player only put up 4/2 against Flamengo even though he's nearly 7'. Scoring/rebounding against a smaller, non-nba team is not a given for a big in the nba, especially when we're talking about a young rookie.

Here's a fun fact: Gordon grabbed more offensive boards against Flamengo than the entire Suns team combined when they faced the same team... nobody in the Suns starting lineup scored more points than him either.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#444 » by KillMonger » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:46 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSbX-YdsyWQ[/youtube]
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,332

NBA Pre-Season Game 4: Orlando Magic vs. Flamengo 

Post#445 » by tooler » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:47 pm

I like that we played these guys hard. There was a point in the first half where one or two people in the thread wondered if everyone was taking this seriously. But that was because our lead was down to 3 points. The Suns were losing by 8 points before their coach kicked them into gear, according to the game report.

It always drives me nuts when sports teams play down to the level of the opponent. I know, I'm not out there, and the season is a grind, but come on. I like that we have enough youth and depth to always find someone willing to play hard every night.
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#446 » by CraZyPraiZ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:33 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
rb1magicfan wrote:My Brother and I went to the game last night.We have had season tickets in the lower bowl and club level for the last several years.This year because of an increased travel schedule at work we decided to purchase the 7 game luxury box package and supplement that with a few single game tickets and the $79.00 pass for oct.-nov games. This package is pretty neat 7 dollars per game is a great price but we are spoiled and decided to check out the up grade options they give you in the app.We upgraded to court side 113 row 9 for 23.00 per ticket not bad at all.I know it was pre season but because they will not let you up grade until 20 min before tip off you can get some good deals on seats they know they will not sell.Btw you get in the arena with your app and a bar code then they text you your seats 15 min before tip and if you do not like them you still have an option to up grade.Pretty cool.

Btw sitting so close I really got to see up close how good Aaron Gordon actually is.This is no exaggeration i have seen a lot of basketball in my life and have never seen a young player play that kind of D.He is an elite defender right now!!! Great feel and awesome speed and lateral quickness.If he does not win defensive player of the year at least 4 times I will be shocked.

I witnessed Rodmans rookie season and Aaron reminds me of a better Rodman but with superior offense.

I'd hate to jinx him but I believe we may have gotten the best player in the draft. Barring injury he has the most upside except for maybe Embid. Not too impressed with Parker and Wiggins thus far who were both touted much higher than AG by all the experts.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#447 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:40 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:
badmofopimp wrote:
I witnessed Rodmans rookie season and Aaron reminds me of a better Rodman but with superior offense.

I'd hate to jinx him but I believe we may have gotten the best player in the draft. Barring injury he has the most upside except for maybe Embid. Not too impressed with Parker and Wiggins thus far who were both touted much higher than AG by all the experts.

It is too early to tell, but I like Aaron's potential to be the best. But, I don't take Pre-season as a good indicator. Based off Durants rookie season with him shooting lik 33% from the field, nobody probably thought he would be considered one of the top 2 players in the NBA.

Thus, I like Aaron's odds, but I like what I see in Wiggins thus far. And, you can't discount Parker as they have many SF/PF on that team so they not rushing him either.

But, what Aaron displayed last night at least athletically showed me he is at the very least going to be a legit starter in the NBA.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#448 » by OrlandO » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:47 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
CraZyPraiZ wrote:
badmofopimp wrote:

It is too early to tell, but I like Aaron's potential to be the best. But, I don't take Pre-season as a good indicator. Based off Durants rookie season with him shooting lik 33% from the field, nobody probably thought he would be considered one of the top 2 players in the NBA.

Thus, I like Aaron's odds, but I like what I see in Wiggins thus far. And, you can't discount Parker as they have many SF/PF on that team so they not rushing him either.

But, what Aaron displayed last night at least athletically showed me he is at the very least going to be a legit starter in the NBA.

KD actually only had 1 very bad game that brought his overall % way down in his rookie preseason. Take that game out and he scored 20 pts on 44% fg over 5 games. That's about what he did in the regular season that year, too. I believe Oladipo's rookie preseasons pts and fg% were exactly the same as his entire regular season numbers as well. I'd say sometimes, preseason can be a pretty good indicator of what to expect in the regular season in terms of individual stats...
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#449 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:59 pm

OrlandO wrote:KD actually only had 1 very bad game that brought his overall % way down in his rookie preseason. Take that game out and he scored 20 pts on 44% fg over 5 games. That's about what he did in the regular season that year, too. I believe Oladipo's rookie preseasons pts and fg% were exactly the same as his entire regular season numbers as well. I'd say sometimes, preseason can be a pretty good indicator of what to expect in the regular season in terms of individual stats...

I don't think most players go all out in Pre-Season as it is more a tuneup while mainly backups are fighting for positions. Thus, it is not the same. But, I agree nonetheless.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#450 » by OrlandO » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:09 am

Payton struggled, but here are his highlights from the game:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukS2CDq4lxY[/youtube]
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#451 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:34 am

Driguez wrote:Just finished watching the game, there's something about this team... Lots of fun ahead, I feel the most painful seasons are behind us. We have something to get excited about with this squad.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using RealGM Forums mobile app

Man there is something special about this team. You just get a sense that there is intense optimism and focus from the guys, even though its a young group, average age of 24, you sense the intensity and desire to compete and win. They mean business. They play hard. They wanna win. They are ready to compete.
aka: prorl
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#452 » by OrlandO » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 am

Another angle of Gordon's big dunk...

magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#453 » by magicman112 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:40 am

OrlandO wrote:Payton struggled, but here are his highlights from the game:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukS2CDq4lxY[/youtube]

He still made good plays even on an off night. He knows how to get the ball to people in the right positions too, all they have to do is go right into their move or score.

Return to Orlando Magic