ImageImageImageImage

How are the boys in Blue?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Blues
Junior
And1: 98

How are the boys in Blue? 

Post#1 » by Blues » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:08 pm

I haven't caught a game this year? Can I get a scouting report on Harris, Payton, Fournier, Gordon, and Vuc? Everyone get your hands dirty in this topic. Im thinking Harris is playing well based in box score, but I want to know what's new and different in everyone's game

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Formally known as "Magix3"
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Re: How are the boys in Blue? 

Post#2 » by tooler » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:44 am

No one replied all day so let me help you out. :)

Tobias and Vuc are ballin'.

Gordon looks better each game. He's grabbing rebounds, putbacks, and running the floor. Sometimes he does too much with his dribble. I was going to ignore him this season, but he's competent enough to watch.

Payton might be ready to start. Lots of turnovers but the ideas behind them are sound and aggressive. Other than a last second attempt in Charlotte, he seems very hesitant to take a jump shot.

Fournier looks lost on defense at the moment. He's hit some nice 3s and seems more than willing to drive to the basket to draw fouls. Needs a little more time and he should be fine.

The rest? KOQ is solid. Dedmon's still hustling, but horrid on offense. Ben Gordon is ready to chuck shots when we need him. Willie Green and Luke Ridnour are the steady, crafty veterans we need them to be. Marble came in late to the Heat game and smoked them, but since then hasn't had much impact. The usual for Harkless: aggressive one night, disappears the next.

All that and we haven't even seen the two most intriguing players on this roster yet.
Blues
Junior
And1: 98

Post#3 » by Blues » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:36 am

tooler wrote:No one replied all day so let me help you out. :)

Tobias and Vuc are ballin'.

Gordon looks better each game. He's grabbing rebounds, putbacks, and running the floor. Sometimes he does too much with his dribble. I was going to ignore him this season, but he's competent enough to watch.

Payton might be ready to start. Lots of turnovers but the ideas behind them are sound and aggressive. Other than a last second attempt in Charlotte, he seems very hesitant to take a jump shot.

Fournier looks lost on defense at the moment. He's hit some nice 3s and seems more than willing to drive to the basket to draw fouls. Needs a little more time and he should be fine.

The rest? KOQ is solid. Dedmon's still hustling, but horrid on offense. Ben Gordon is ready to chuck shots when we need him. Willie Green and Luke Ridnour are the steady, crafty veterans we need them to be. Marble came in late to the Heat game and smoked them, but since then hasn't had much impact. The usual for Harkless: aggressive one night, disappears the next.

All that and we haven't even seen the two most intriguing players on this roster yet.

Thanks Tooler! Sometimes you have to sift through a lot of "we look bad" and "we look good" replies to get to one as informative as yours! Good to hear about Gordon, I've seen some youtube highlights, but they never show you the flow of how they are playing. Can you go i depth with Harris and Vuc? Have they taken the proverbial next step?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Formally known as "Magix3"
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Post#4 » by tooler » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:46 am

Blues wrote:Can you go i depth with Harris and Vuc? Have they taken the proverbial next step?

Someone else will have to comment. They look good in 25 minutes per game in the preseason. In my opinion, we won't know if they've taken the next step until they expand the same production to 32-35 minutes per game, night in and night out over the course of the regular season.

Return to Orlando Magic