ImageImageImageImage

Which Third Year Player Has The Most To Prove?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Who Has The Most To Prove?

Maurice Harkless
61%
Andrew Nicholson
25%
Evan Fournier
8%
Kyle O'Quinn
6%

Total votes: 36

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#1 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:17 pm

The third year is a pretty important season for young players. It's gotta be between Harkless and Nicholson for me. Both guys could get pushed out of the rotation pretty quickly if they don't play well.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Re: Which Third Year Player Has The Most To Prove? 

Post#2 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:28 pm

I have to say Harkless. He was a starter in his rookie season and had some impressive games. He was the highest draft pick, was involved in the Dwight trade and is seeing his minutes reduced while others moving up. He really has to prove himself in a contract year.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Post#3 » by tooler » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:36 pm

[edited out my stupidity so as not to poison the thread with a certain lightning rod player who is not in his third year]

Mo and Nicholson are team options right? If so, I'd think they only need to show some positive improvement for the team to punt another year and pick up their cheap options. Seems like it's low stakes all around.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#4 » by OrlandO » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:36 pm

O'Quinn has already proved himself well beyond where he was selected and Fournier is new. So I'd say it's between Nicholson and Harkless, but for different reasons. Nicholson hasn't really had a fair shot, so I'm sure he wants to prove he deserves a more consistent role. Moe on the other hand... he's played about double the minutes as everyone else on the list... he's had plenty of opportunities and he still looks disengaged in a lot of games. The improved 3pt shot is nice, but he gained a lot of critics last season for playing more like harmless than heartless.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#5 » by nicnac215 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 pm

Harkless easily. He has the biggest difference between ceiling and floor potential.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#6 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Well, I agree KOQ has proved to fill a role.

I'm going to go with AN because of age. Harkless & Evan can still play the "youth" card...for now.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#7 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:12 pm

Id say fournier becsuse he will play the biggest role for us among these players.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#8 » by Max Power » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:28 pm

I honestly think both guys have to show a lot. I think Mo has the most to lose long term, as he had that "superstar of the future" label thrust on him at one point around here. I think Mo was supposed to be a sure thing, and he's been far from it. I do think Mo's NBA future is brighter than Nicholsons, and I don't believe either will be on this roster in 18 months. Nicholson would probably be great for OKC or San Antonio off the bench, if he can get legit minutes he'd be a good scoring pf.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
You look confused...let me fill you in.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#9 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:30 pm

I think Moe will be moved at some point if any player on this team is moved.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#10 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:00 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I think Moe will be moved at some point if any player on this team is moved.

And I think it will be Drew.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#11 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I think Moe will be moved at some point if any player on this team is moved.

It really is a tossup, but I feel Moe cuz of Aaron to backup Harris while Moe probably feels he should be a starter somewhere. Nicholson seems to buy into the fact that he is a backup big in the NBA.

Will be interesting to see who is righ tho!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#12 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:04 pm

I could see a lot of playoff bound teams looking to poach a player or two toward the trade deadline.
Of course, only if we aren't in the running....
Every team could use a good back up big = KOQ
scoring big = AN
3 and D = Harkless
Back up PG = Luke
then Willie & B Gordon.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#13 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:10 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:

I could see a lot of playoff bound teams looking to poach a player or two toward the trade deadline.
scoring big = AN
3 and D = Harkless
Back up PG = Luke
then Willie & B Gordon.

True.

KOQ = Magic won't trade Kyle with the lack of Center depth here. seriously doubt it. Kyle is a chemistry glue guy who is very good friends with key players here.
AN = I could see a team making an offer dependign on need.
Harkless = I can see Hark being moved being there is a lack of depth at SF position on many teams.
Luke = Nobody really going to trade for Luke. Too many PG's in the NBA
Willie = Willie probably has best value being he is super cheap and can start for some teams right now.
B Gordon = Willie is better and cheaper. Magic would have to use BG to take back a larger contract in a trade which I doubt is going to happen with this roster. Magic really have nothing to unload and no needs right now.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#14 » by MellowRose » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:20 pm

AN is the type of dude who'll blow up if traded to another team and is given playing time.

If he's traded, you better be scared.

Sent from my HTC One X using RealGM Forums mobile app
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#15 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:23 pm

MellowRose wrote:AN is the type of dude who'll blow up if traded to another team and is given playing time.

If he's traded, you better be scared.

Sent from my HTC One X using RealGM Forums mobile app

Yes. It is disappointing that he is behind Frye, KOQ and possibly Harris or AG for PF minutes. He should shoot to add more muscle and get some Center minutes, lol.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#16 » by tiderulz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:26 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

It really is a tossup, but I feel Moe cuz of Aaron to backup Harris while Moe probably feels he should be a starter somewhere. Nicholson seems to buy into the fact that he is a backup big in the NBA.

Will be interesting to see who is righ tho!

i semi agree with this. I think Moe will be moved, but only because I think we can get more value for Moe that we can for Nicholson. I dont expect Nicholson to be on the Magic roster next year.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#17 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:34 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:

scoring big = AN
3 and D = Harkless
Back up PG = Luke
then Willie & B Gordon.

True.

KOQ = Magic won't trade Kyle with the lack of Center depth here. seriously doubt it. Kyle is a chemistry glue guy who is very good friends with key players here.
Harkless = I can see Hark being moved being there is a lack of depth at SF position on many teams.
Willie = Willie probably has best value being he is super cheap and can start for some teams right now.
B Gordon = Willie is better and cheaper. Magic would have to use BG to take back a larger contract in a trade which I doubt is going to happen with this roster. Magic really have nothing to unload and no needs right now.

I'd only give up KOQ for a 1st rounder. And then think hard about it.

I could see AN being successful somewhere else, but he's kind of a black hole on offense and sub-par on defense.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#18 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:41 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
True.

I'd only give up KOQ for a 1st rounder. And then think hard about it.

I could see AN being successful somewhere else, but he's kind of a black hole on defense and sub-par on defense.

All true. I think if AN put on 30lbs plus of muscle over the next 2-3 years, he could actually backup center somewhere too. Because, Centers don't have to be as fast as PF's.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#19 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Both AN and moe will stay on the team for at least the next two years.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#20 » by tiderulz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:Both AN and moe will stay on the team for at least the next two years.

no reason? just that they will? What if Henny drafts a player like Kyle in the 2nd round next year? does he not stay with the team because AN is still here? even though he could do or offer more?

Return to Orlando Magic