ImageImageImageImage

Grantland NBA Preview 2014 - Orlando Magic

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AmazinMUSIC
Junior
And1: 137

Re: Grantland NBA Preview 2014 - Orlando Magic 

Post#21 » by AmazinMUSIC » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:08 pm

I still believe in Jacque. I think in the end, he will be one of the better coaches in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Kev_bundles
Junior
And1: 247

Post#22 » by Kev_bundles » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:45 am

JBSouthpaw wrote:
Kev_bundles wrote:Am I the only one that cringe at the thought of having mark Jackson coach our team? I love him as an announcer but I don't want a part time religious nut as our coach

yea if coach V don't work out I would do unspeakable things to get JVG on board

Not sure about him either. WOULD LOVE JVG though.

MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#23 » by MagicFan32 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:50 pm

It's strange how dipo is an after thought in that video
he is the best of the 3
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Daniel Lee
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#24 » by Daniel Lee » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:38 am

Kev_bundles wrote:Am I the only one that cringe at the thought of having mark Jackson coach our team? I love him as an announcer but I don't want a part time religious nut as our coach

Mark Jackson is not religious nut coach he's a man who loves the Lord, he was a very good NBA coach as well as a elite former NBA player.
chosen12141
Junior
And1: 117

Post#25 » by chosen12141 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:46 pm

Mark Jackson is not religious nut coach he's a man who loves the Lord, he was a very good NBA coach as well as a elite former NBA player.[/quote]

Thanks for making that point Dude. Jackson is not a religious nut, but a man who loves the Lord, who protects his players and runs a tight ship!

I gave you an &1 for this post, I agree that Marc Jackson did a great job in GS, but he was still at odds with management......which lead to his departure. I am certain that he is not some religious nut, and he is an Ordained Minister who leads a Church in LA.

I am not sure if he would be the right fit here, should things go bad for JV and he is dismissed.

Marc came from a strong College program at St Johns University along with Danny Ferry and a few other HOF types, and he had a very strict group who molded his coaching/management style and that should help to describe his mindset, especially when you have Jeff Van Gundy, Pat Riley and Larry Bird as your teachers, speaks volumes.

His faith should not be a question, but one can take comfort in knowing that IS who he IS as the person and his players love him! :nod: :nod: :nod:
Waiting for the Championship parade at Lake Eola!
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#26 » by purpleswordfish » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Daniel Lee wrote:

Mark Jackson is not religious nut coach he's a man who loves the Lord, he was a very good NBA coach as well as a elite former NBA player.

Too bad he doesn't love his wife as much as he loves the Lord. He had an affair with a stripper and it led to a messy extortion case. He clearly has ethical issues. Keep Mark Jackson out of Orlando.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,333

Grantland NBA Preview 2014 - Orlando Magic 

Post#27 » by tooler » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:18 pm

purpleswordfish wrote:Too bad he doesn't love his wife as much as he loves the Lord. He had an affair with a stripper and it led to a messy extortion case.

OT: you don't understand how evangelicals work. They embrace these weaknesses and turn it into renewed fervor.

But no, I don't mind his faith. I think he'd be the wrong coach two years from now when our young guys are ready to move past the ra-ra stuff and get serious about winning. We'll have missed the window with our young guys when he'd be most effective.
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#28 » by claudio-br » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:30 pm

mark jackson is a bad X's and O's coach (jermaine o'neal post-ups ftw). that being said, no thanks

a guy like JVG would be amazing though.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#29 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:40 pm

tooler wrote:
purpleswordfish wrote:Too bad he doesn't love his wife as much as he loves the Lord. He had an affair with a stripper and it led to a messy extortion case.

OT: you don't understand how evangelicals work. They embrace these weaknesses and turn it into renewed fervor.

But no, I don't mind his faith. I think he'd be the wrong coach two years from now when our young guys are ready to move past the ra-ra stuff and get serious about winning. We'll have missed the window with our young guys when he'd be most effective.

No, that's not how it works.

"8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His word is not in us."--1 John 1:8-9

No Christian walk around believing they are sinless, those who do find out really quick how far they can fall, that is why God forgives. We don't come to God because we know that we are perfect, you fall down to Him because we realize the sinner and wretch people we truly are.

Perfection is not what we try to obtain, a life pleasing to God is what we strive for, and oh my goodness do you fall. But the Apostle Paul said it best: :

"26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified."--1 Corinthians 9:26-27

I quoted you because I just wanted you to understand our perspective.

As for Mark Jackson as coach, I didn't watch GS so I have no idea how he would be for this team.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#30 » by j-ragg » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Ugh are we really doing this?
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#31 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:38 pm

j-ragg wrote:Ugh are we really doing this?

Having a conversation about the Magic and then religion was brought up and then someone tried to bash it and someone else decided to defend it...yeah, looks that way.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#32 » by TreasureCoast » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Mark Jackson would be a perfect fit with Orlando, religious owner who hates gays, religious nut coach who loves the lord which means he hates gays as well, perfect fit!
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie
And1: 349

Post#33 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:14 am

TheShoe1010 wrote:I may be in the minority but I find Simmons and Rose really entertaining and I actually agree with most of what they're saying here.

I would be estatic if we ended up with one of the coaches they mentioned. And the inclusion of two of the best scenes of Fresh Prince ever was dope.

http://youtu.be/cjuykvfcWEQ[

I am a long time lurker but I must say that I agree with pretty much everything JR and BS said. I do think our win total is going to be below 30-35. With VO out for a month definitely now

Return to Orlando Magic