ImageImageImageImage

Has anyone else been a little disappointed about Fournier?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Re: Has anyone else been a little disappointed about Fournie 

Post#41 » by ivDT » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:42 am

is he still eligible for the d-league?
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,515

Post#42 » by shadrock » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:08 am

ivDT wrote:is he still eligible for the d-league?

We should waive him...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#43 » by Driguez » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:09 am

Wait, you guys aren't serious are you? :lol: How can anyone be a "little" disappointed so quickly, what, two weeks of preseason basketball and you all are already giving up on the guy... Tsk Tsk Tsk

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using RealGM Forums mobile app
"We all we got"- SVG
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,864

Post#44 » by JF5 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:11 am

Lol, not really... He's slumping... Probably at the right time too... He'll pick it up eventually...
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#45 » by SOUL » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:42 am

I'm less worried about his shot and more worried about the 1 on 4 turnover or blocked shot predictable plays in preseason. Less of that and I'm okay with him.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#46 » by ivDT » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:43 am

ivDT wrote:totally unimpressed by what i've seen from fournier so far. he's basically like a shorter, skinnier version of "bad" hedo.

fournier = hedeaux
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#47 » by tiderulz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:32 am

I'll say it. I am a little disappointed. That said, its real early and he is adjusting to new team, teammates, coaching style, etc. More open to giving him the whole year before i really make a judgement on him.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#48 » by drsd » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:46 pm

ivDT wrote:is he still eligible for the d-league?

No.

NBA Assignments: NBA teams can assign players who are rookies or in their second season to their D-League affiliate. Players can stay with the D-League affiliate for as long as the NBA team wishes, and be recalled back to the NBA at any time.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#49 » by NickAnderson » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:59 pm

I'll give it more time.

Sent from my VS985 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#50 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:12 pm

So Fournier gets the "he's 21, so its okay" pass huh? This board...smh.

I think he's "ok". Makes good decisions, in PnR has a little edge to him, can shoot just inconcsistently, handles the rock well. Crap defender. One day I said I thought Hark could lose minutes to Fournier.....I must have been drunk.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#51 » by Orlwillbeback » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:So Fournier gets the "he's 21, so its okay" pass huh? This board...smh.

I think he's "ok". Makes good decisions, in PnR has a little edge to him, can shoot just inconcsistently, handles the rock well. Crap defender. One day I said I thought Hark could lose minutes to Fournier.....I must have been drunk.

He will
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#52 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:So Fournier gets the "he's 21, so its okay" pass huh? This board...smh.

Evan is already a better player than Harkless.
aka: prorl
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 329

Post#53 » by trebone » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:38 pm

I am more excited with Marble tbh, and he was a part of that trade as well!
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#54 » by NBlue » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Catledge wrote:Clearly saying that you are "a little disappointed" = massive overreaction.

He's never proven himself to be a legit NBA starter, he had an unimpressive FIBA tournament, and he's not playing well through several preseason games. What reason do we have to assume that he will be fine?

You just hate the French. 8-)

Also, he was not unimpressive at FIBA. He shot poorly but he defended quite well in massive Spain upset and moved the ball quite well. I think he was a key component to a French squad that certainly exceeded expectations.

He's had his ups and downs in the preseason to be sure and I don't find "a little disappointed" to be inaccurate -- I, too, am "a little disappointed" he has not played better.

However, the reason we have to assume that he will be fine is (1) he is a 38% 3pt shooter at only 21 (2) he has size and a nice handle (3) he can be a team player (see France FIBA). Sadly, he just has a little bit of that Turk-esque jackassery about him that causes him to do dumb stuff sometimes.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#55 » by MagicMadness » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Fournier wasn't a highly touted player in the first place so I had no real expectations.

Hopefully he amounts to a solid bench player. That's about what he was in Denver.
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#56 » by orlando1214 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:33 pm

He gets the "he's 21 and on a new team" pass for me. Everybody takes time to adjust, but it's even more difficult for a young guy when he's being thrown into a bigger role. I mean even a veteran would take time to adjust, but Fournier is still very young and also had a busy summer with the France team. So heaven forbid he isn't performing amazingly after 6 preseason games, that also mean nothing I might add. I personally think he's done fine and will continue to get better. I'm also very interested to see him play with Dipo.
Scottg247
Pro Prospect
And1: 147

Post#57 » by Scottg247 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:38 pm

We talking about practice? lol
Catledge
Starter
And1: 833

Post#58 » by Catledge » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:14 pm

NBlue wrote:
Catledge wrote:Clearly saying that you are "a little disappointed" = massive overreaction.

He's never proven himself to be a legit NBA starter, he had an unimpressive FIBA tournament, and he's not playing well through several preseason games. What reason do we have to assume that he will be fine?

You just hate the French. 8-)

Also, he was not unimpressive at FIBA. He shot poorly but he defended quite well in massive Spain upset and moved the ball quite well. I think he was a key component to a French squad that certainly exceeded expectations.

He's had his ups and downs in the preseason to be sure and I don't find "a little disappointed" to be inaccurate -- I, too, am "a little disappointed" he has not played better.

However, the reason we have to assume that he will be fine is (1) he is a 38% 3pt shooter at only 21 (2) he has size and a nice handle (3) he can be a team player (see France FIBA). Sadly, he just has a little bit of that Turk-esque jackassery about him that causes him to do dumb stuff sometimes.

Well, he does surrender quite a few turnovers. His average is 2.2 for both assists and turnovers.

Anyway, by "a little disappointed," I mean that I don't feel very good about him being our starting SG going into the season. That seems like a perfectly reasonable assessment to me.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#59 » by Hogified05 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:48 pm

I was more then underwhelmed when all we got for Afflalo was Fournier. I saw Denver play a couple times and he never really impressed me. I really have no clue what he does well? Plus does he really fit with us? I don't know maybe Henny is hoping he will have a good first part of the season to use him as a trade chip. I just don't see him in our future plans.

But having said all of that maybe he will be a pleasant surprise. I'll give him some time to make a concrete judgement. Nobody can be worse then Chris "do do" Duhon though. God he made me cringe everytime he touched the ball. Also wasn't he like the best player coming out of high school? He didn't exactly blow away anyone at duke, like what the hell were talent scouts thinking? Anyways Duhon rant over.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#60 » by tooler » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Hogified05 wrote:Anyways Duhon rant over.

Are Duhon rants ever truly over?

Return to Orlando Magic