ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Regular Season '14-'15)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Regular Season '14-'15) 

Post#1321 » by in-limbo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:17 pm

I think sometimes guys train a little too hard. Way too many players going down to serious injury early in their careers. Maybe just my perception but it seems like a lot more than in the past.
FloridaHoosier
Starter
And1: 1,083

Post#1322 » by FloridaHoosier » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:17 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Frye needs less minutes period. He should not be playing minutes like he's an all-star. His floor spacing isn't enough to make up for his softness and being a defensive liability for extended minutes.

I wonder how long his body can take it........
"Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure." "Try not to suck."
"I don't vibrate at that frequency." ~ Joe Maddon
94_MagicFan
Senior
And1: 59

Post#1323 » by 94_MagicFan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:13 pm

So who wins ROY
Follow!!! @13edm

#WeWill
Melvinlocker
Bench Warmer
And1: 650

Post#1324 » by Melvinlocker » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:13 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
Melvinlocker wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Frye needs less minutes period. He should not be playing minutes like he's an all-star. His floor spacing isn't enough to make up for his softness and being a defensive liability for extended minutes.

Aaron Gordon will fix all of our problems my friend. He will take a few minutes as the backup PF from Frye and will keep Willie Green from ever playing Small forward (or seeing the court for us) again.

I'd like to see KOQ get some of Frye's PF minutes. I think he's earned it with his shooting, and would give a bit more defensively. Also, I think Dedmon has earned extra back up C minutes.

I think KOQ has earned some minutes there, but I also think Gordon (still think he will get minutes as a SF) has earned some situational minutes that could be cut out of Frye's total.

Frye is averaging the second highest MPG of his career and it would be beneficial for him and for the team to let him rest his legs a little more.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#1325 » by OrlandoNed » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:31 pm

94_MagicFan wrote:So who wins ROY

Whoever has the most ppg. The people who vote for ROY never look further than the box scores. Its so lazy.
jgosche
Sixth Man
And1: 866

Post#1326 » by jgosche » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:54 pm

94_MagicFan wrote:So who wins ROY

It's gonna end up being Wiggins.
Mrrags009
Junior
And1: 34

Post#1327 » by Mrrags009 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:38 am

Any thoughts on trying to trade for bledsoe

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Melvinlocker
Bench Warmer
And1: 650

Post#1328 » by Melvinlocker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:46 am

Mrrags009 wrote:Any thoughts on trying to trade for bledsoe

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app

I think we already have a Bledsoe in the making with Victor.

Here they are at the same age:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 4=&p5=&p6=
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#1329 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:21 pm

in-limbo wrote:I think sometimes guys train a little too hard. Way too many players going down to serious injury early in their careers. Maybe just my perception but it seems like a lot more than in the past.
It seems that way to me too. The NBA as a whole has just become boring to watch.

The best team in the East is Toronto and they're not even close to being as good as the 7th best team in the West. Its a complete joke. Toronto or Washington for that matter aren't winning a title.

I really hope the rookies from this draft class and the next pan out because the league really needs an infusion of talent.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,638

Post#1330 » by machu46 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:28 pm

How do you guys view Kyle O'Quinn? Is he someone you think Orlando wants to keep around? He seems like exactly the type of big man that Milwaukee wants to use in their offense.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#1331 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:00 pm

machu46 wrote:How do you guys view Kyle O'Quinn? Is he someone you think Orlando wants to keep around? He seems like exactly the type of big man that Milwaukee wants to use in their offense.

I hope so. He's good two way player for us. At this point I'd rather see him next to Vuc than Frye.
#2A
#Adopt
machu46
General Manager

Post#1332 » by machu46 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
machu46 wrote:How do you guys view Kyle O'Quinn? Is he someone you think Orlando wants to keep around? He seems like exactly the type of big man that Milwaukee wants to use in their offense.

I hope so. He's good two way player for us. At this point I'd rather see him next to Vuc than Frye.

Fair enough. I want to see some more of him. His assist numbers for a PF/C is impressive. If you guys can just get rid of Vaughn, your team will be so much more fun to watch lol.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#1333 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 pm

machu46 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Fair enough. I want to see some more of him. His assist numbers for a PF/C is impressive. If you guys can just get rid of Vaughn, your team will be so much more fun to watch lol.
Yes, another atribute that Kyle brings is passing from the high post. He's very adept to finding guys in and around the basket. He's also seemed to have developed a little bit of an outside shot. I don't think he'll ever be the 3pt threat Frye is, but if that trend continues and it becomes reliable then I could see him replacing Frye in the SL.

I'm not on the Fire Vaughn bus. I think a mid season firing causes instability amongst the players and mistrust of our managment especially since he players seem to like him. I do understand that he could be a stop gap coach, I'd just rather it happen in the offseason if it is going to happen.
#2A
#Adopt
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#1334 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Kyle commits really dumb fouls.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1335 » by machu46 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:10 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
machu46 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:I hope so. He's good two way player for us. At this point I'd rather see him next to Vuc than Frye.

Yes, another atribute that Kyle brings is passing from the high post. He's very adept to finding guys in and around the basket. He's also seemed to have developed a little bit of an outside shot. I don't think he'll ever be the 3pt threat Frye is, but if that trend continues and it becomes reliable then I could see him replacing Frye in the SL.

I'm not on the Fire Vaughn bus. I think a mid season firing causes instability amongst the players and mistrust of our managment especially since he players seem to like him. I do understand that he could be a stop gap coach, I'd just rather it happen in the offseason if it is going to happen.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about midseason firings either, but I feel like everyone knew Vaughn should have been replaced this last offseason to begin with. He just doesn't seem to know how to use the guys you have from the bits that I've seen.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#1336 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:14 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:Kyle commits really dumb fouls.

At times. But at least he's playing defense. I dont know if a player can "fix" being foul prone, but it seems its something that could be improved on over time. Worst case scenerio we have a very good back up in Frye imo.
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#1337 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:17 pm

machu46 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
machu46 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about midseason firings either, but I feel like everyone knew Vaughn should have been replaced this last offseason to begin with. He just doesn't seem to know how to use the guys you have from the bits that I've seen.

Thats very possible. I'm in disagreement with his rotations at times and the fact that he's playing Oladipo at PG, but I also recognize that I'm not an NBA coach and that most of my observations are based on simple eye tests.
#2A
#Adopt
Kev_bundles
Junior
And1: 247

Post#1338 » by Kev_bundles » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 pm

Never thought I'll see Nelson in Celtic doodoo green, damn you mark Cuben

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#1339 » by ezzzp » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:39 am

how can this be correct? Is 82games info wrong? Even considering the injuries, you would think this lineup would be one of the first ones tried by JV no?

According to 82games.com:

Payton/Oladipo/Harris/Frye/Vucevic
NO data (As of this week that group has not played together the minimum 9 minutes)
....How is it possible that our best 5 players have nearly never played together?

Oladipo-Fournier-Harris-Frye-Vucevic
• 145.4 minutes played together
• Offensive points per possession: 0.98
• Defensive points per possession: 1.09
= - 0.11 points per possession

Payton-Fournier-Harris-Frye-Vucevic
• 144.9 minutes played together
• Offensive points per possession: 1.00
• Defensive points per possession: 1.14
= - 0.14 points per possession
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#1340 » by Orlwillbeback » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:20 am

Iam ready to give butler a contract. Not necessarily the max, but near it probably.

Return to Orlando Magic