ImageImageImageImage

Should the Magic fire JV now or wait abit?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Should the Magic fire JV now?

Yes, nothing has changed fire his arse.
56%
Not 100% sure yet but it will happen this season.
25%
No, he's doing/done a great job.
19%

Total votes: 139

Supreme
Starter
And1: 338

Re: Should the Magic fire JV now or wait abit? 

Post#41 » by Supreme » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:02 pm

chosen12141
Junior
And1: 117

Post#42 » by chosen12141 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:33 pm

How can we see improvement if guys like Mo and AN44 don't even get court time yet half eaten hotdogs like Ben Gordon and Dwayne Dedmon soak up the minutes. I'm sorry but with Frye out, why oh why didn't Nicholson get court time.[/quote]

You make a great point! Both Harkless and AN have improved their games this off season! What JV was thinking in regards to the matchups and the mins distribution........ go well beyond questionable, there was no need for either Gordon A or B to get all of the burn that they received, OHHHH let's not forget Fournier's production, wasn't he benched by the French team....and he started and played with minimal production!

They used to call JV the "Brain" I think it is the "Lack thereof"

I say mid November will tell the story about JV's ability, if he has most of his players up and running! :cry:
Waiting for the Championship parade at Lake Eola!
mojosodope
Sixth Man
And1: 459

Post#43 » by mojosodope » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Beast_Reality wrote:He will be fired this season as soon as missing the playoffs is a foregone conclusion, he is the fall guy. And him being under contract means nothing, firing coaches under contract is standard practice in the NBA. The bigger question is who is a suitable replacement?

I don't see why people don't understand this. Why would a GM fire him? He is the ideal scapegoat for a disappointing season.

It's become clear that he is not a good coach but rather just a minutes distributor, and even that he is not very good at.

My sister's AAU coach could have done a better job playing guys a set number of minutes and making it look like we were actually trying to compete last night
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#44 » by in-limbo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:20 pm

This is **** stupid troll ass bull. I thought about it for a long time and thats what I came up with. it seems we have a whole new crew looking to destroy what was once a pretty decent board. I hope those of you on the edge catch a nice stiff breeze and blow the **** off. How miserable your **** pitiful lives must be. Why don't you all go back to playing with dolls.

**** off.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#45 » by NickAnderson » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:If we fired jv, who else could we bring in that would do a better job???

Sent from my VS985 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app

Scott Skiles, Nate McMillian, Alvin Gentry, Mo Cheeks.

I'd rather take my chances with jv then any of them. That's a pretty terrible list.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,598

Post#46 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:47 pm

I am still pissed off seeing him smiling on the sideline in the middle of the 4th quarter while New Orleans was kickin our butt's! There is no excuse for that. You play to win and don't just accept losing with a smile. You get on your team and make them play harder instead of letting the players losing mentality.

His post game interview hardly harped on the negatives as he expounded more on the positives. That is the opposite to winning coaches mentality.

At some point, I have been waiting 2 years for Vaughn to get disgusted and demand accountability from players instead of rewarding bad play with minutes, see Bum Garbage.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#47 » by purpleswordfish » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:01 pm

He's not going anywhere until Hennigan finds himself in the hotseat. Once his job is on the line, he'll throw JV under the bus to buy himself a bit more time.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,739

Post#48 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:04 pm

We were in the game for the most part until Ryan Anderson went HAM from that 3 point line at the end of the 3rd in a span of a minute. We are a young team that still needs to grow and develop chemistry while also playing against a very good Pelicans team. The lineups could have been a bit more balanced but I was fine with JV's coaching. Defensively, we need to do a better job fighting through screens and communicate better. That was the reason why you saw so much switching defensively last night.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#49 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:34 pm

I expected the Magic to lose last night. I mean, it was the Pelicans home opener and they were going to come out gunning on fire for their fans. But, when the game started to get out of hand, Vaughn made the worst decisions I have seen from a Magic coach in all aspects from Plays to Subs to not calling time outs when needed. Vaughn was completely lost out there and like gave up while standing there smiling while talking to people. That is unacceptable. The great coaches are still involved int he game while being disgusted, not just being all relaxed like,"Oh well, they tried hard and maybe we will do better next time" type of attitude.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#50 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 pm

NickAnderson wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:If we fired jv, who else could we bring in that would do a better job???

Scott Skiles, Nate McMillian, Alvin Gentry, Mo Cheeks.

I'd rather take my chances with jv then any of them. That's a pretty terrible list.

Wow you would pass on 4 coaches who each all have about 350 + wins in the NBA as a coach, to keep a guy who more than half of this board thinks should be fired between now and the end of the season?? And my post is terrible?? I disagree!
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#51 » by MagicMadness » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:19 pm

We don't have any superstars, let alone any all-stars on this team.

We just drafted two rookies that we hope might become potential all-stars one day.

We traded our vet team captain and our vet leading scorer.

Our big free agent signing was...Channing Frye. And Ben Gordon. And Luke Ridnour...

Sorry folks, we're just not that good. Bring in any coach you want and it's not going to make much difference this season.
Destin
Junior
And1: 204

Post#52 » by Destin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:40 pm

in-limbo wrote:This is **** stupid troll ass bull. I thought about it for a long time and thats what I came up with. it seems we have a whole new crew looking to destroy what was once a pretty decent board. I hope those of you on the edge catch a nice stiff breeze and blow the **** off. How miserable your **** pitiful lives must be. Why don't you all go back to playing with dolls.

**** off.

You need to chill dude. Let people are are upset and frustrated vent. We looked like total donkey dookie last night. At the same time of getting our teeths kicked in the 4th quarter, our coach looked clueless, loss and had terrible body language while laughing the entire time

Face it.. this coach sucks.
"All I picture Rob Hennigan doing is sitting in his phat office drinking starbucks and pinching himself wondering how he landed a GM job in the NBA" - Destin
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#53 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:14 pm

MagicMadness wrote:We don't have any superstars, let alone any all-stars on this team.

We just drafted two rookies that we hope might become potential all-stars one day.

Our big free agent signing was...Channing Frye. And Ben Gordon. And Luke Ridnour...

Sorry folks, we're just not that good. Bring in any coach you want and it's not going to make much difference this season.

Stan Van Gundy could have made this team competitive and at least a .500 ballclub.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,774

Post#54 » by Audi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:33 pm

There are many things I'll reasonably judge after one sampling. Restaurants. Ladies (in my wild days, ofc). Deodorant. Head coaches aren't one of them.

One game just isn't enough for me to say within reason whether or not JV sucks. I also won't pretend to know what kind of locker room personality he has (it may be different or the same as his public personality). I won't hold the fact that he doesn't have the same stroke-out-screaming or grumpy-grandpa courtside demeanor as SVG against him. Nor will I pretend to know what kind of coach this roster of players would best develop under. I will, however, give the man a larger sample in a "play-to-win" season to show what he can do before calling for his head. That's just the type of guy I am.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#55 » by MagicMadness » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:18 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
MagicMadness wrote:We don't have any superstars, let alone any all-stars on this team.

Stan Van Gundy could have made this team competitive and at least a .500 ballclub.

I'm just not seeing it. I don't believe we have vastly improved the roster since last season.

When Shaq was a rookie - a once-in-a-generation superstar HOF big man who made the all-star game - we had vet Skiles at PG, Nick A., and Dennis Scott, amongst others, and finished 41-41. There is simply no way this team is nearly as talented as that squad, IMO.

I hope they prove me wrong, but I'm looking at this season as another "be excited for the future" situation. With that said, I see Vaughn here at least through the end of the season (unless something extraordinarily bad happens like a 20-game losing streak).
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#56 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:22 pm

MagicMadness wrote:
I'm just not seeing it. I don't believe we have vastly improved the roster since last season.

When Shaq was a rookie - a once-in-a-generation superstar HOF big man who made the all-star game - we had vet Skiles at PG, Nick A., and Dennis Scott, amongst others, and finished 41-41. There is simply no way this team is nearly as talented as that squad, IMO.

I hope they prove me wrong, but I'm looking at this season as another "be excited for the future" situation. With that said, I see Vaughn here at least through the end of the season (unless something extraordinarily bad happens like a 20-game losing streak).

I agree with you that Henny won't fire nice guy Vaughn during the season. Too late for that now. Magic just have to suffer as arguably the worst team in the NBA over a 3 year period.

I am pissed at Vaughn playing garbage players like Willie Green, Deadman and Bum Garbage over developing youth like Harkless and Nicholson being the team was losing anyways. I just don't buy into the JV developing players bullcrap people spewing here. Team is not playing like a team. Individuals are just shining in their own light by pure athletics.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
LetItRain
Starter
And1: 224

Post#57 » by LetItRain » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:25 pm

I think JV was smiling in the 4th Q because he was enjoying the feeling of never having to watch Big Baby chuck shots on the Magic ever again. Hard not to smile at that, even when your team is getting pummeled.
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#58 » by in-limbo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Vaughn is still learning how to be a head coach and he has this year and next to show something. He won't fall apart enough this season to be fired. Why would anyone change coaches in year thee of a re-build, I would be surprised if JV wasn't here all of next season as well. The Magic knew he wasn't a head coach yet when they hired him.

The players didn't play very well last night. I'm pretty sure JV mentioned ball movement at some point pre game.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,901

Post#59 » by drsd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:

Scott Skiles, .....

I LOVVVEEEEEEE Skiles as a future Magic coach (3-5 years from now). He has a perfect skill set to take a great team and make it elite.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#60 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:27 pm

LetItRain wrote:I think JV was smiling in the 4th Q because he was enjoying the feeling of never having to watch Big Baby chuck shots on the Magic ever again. Hard not to smile at that, even when your team is getting pummeled.

So, he exchanged BBD for Bum Garbage chucking shots at a lower clip rate of success with zero defensive ability to boot. At least BBD had heart and played decent defense. Actually, BBD would have probably done as good against Davis than anybody on this current team.

Vaughn was probably smiling because he saw some pink elephants on the jumbo tron and forgot all about the game.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic