ImageImageImageImage

Should the Magic fire JV now or wait abit?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Should the Magic fire JV now?

Yes, nothing has changed fire his arse.
56%
Not 100% sure yet but it will happen this season.
25%
No, he's doing/done a great job.
19%

Total votes: 139

didak
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Should the Magic fire JV now or wait abit? 

Post#1 » by didak » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:13 am

Very, pre-emptive I know. But watching the rotations tonight to go with the allowance of several key stretches where nothing was done (Call a Timeout!) has left me no choice but to gauge whether I'm the only one who thinks it's mission over for coach JV. It was cute while it lasted, but let's get someone in with experience who can teach our boys something.
R I P - Kobe Bryant
Destin
Junior
And1: 204

Re: Should the Magic fire JV now or wait abit? 

Post#2 » by Destin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:16 am

I, myself is absolutely disgusted with what I am watching.
"All I picture Rob Hennigan doing is sitting in his phat office drinking starbucks and pinching himself wondering how he landed a GM job in the NBA" - Destin
warren4prez
Junior
And1: 51

Post#3 » by warren4prez » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:18 am

Some of you guys kill me. I just want to know if Moe Harkless is hurt?
Dgbarnes
Junior
And1: 196

Post#4 » by Dgbarnes » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:29 am

Maybe I missed something, were we supposed to win this game? Relax, take a step back, and look at their lineup of Holiday, Tyreke, E. Gordon, Asik, and Davis up against ours without 2 starters... Why is everyone overreacting?
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#5 » by MellowRose » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:32 am

Leaning towards firing him, but need to wait until we fully healthy. Right now doe? Fire his ass.
Destin
Junior
And1: 204

Post#6 » by Destin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:34 am

Dgbarnes wrote:Maybe I missed something, were we supposed to win this game? Relax, take a step back, and look at their lineup of Holiday, Tyreke, E. Gordon, Asik, and Davis up against ours without 2 starters... Why is everyone overreacting?

Because everyone on here is sleeping with Rob Hennigan and pretending to be the world's best NBA 2K GM and predicted that this was our year to make the playoffs

JV sucks as a coach and the player development has been terrible since his tenure.

So, you honestly think that if those 2 missing starters were playing tonight we would have been competitive? I highly doubt it. We would have gotten curb stomped the same way.
"All I picture Rob Hennigan doing is sitting in his phat office drinking starbucks and pinching himself wondering how he landed a GM job in the NBA" - Destin
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#7 » by Hilltop » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:34 am

Should I post a panic thread now or wait a bit?
the_hobo
Rookie
And1: 640

Post#8 » by the_hobo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:34 am

I think we just gave him a long contract tho didn't we? I think we're stuck for a while...
Favorite Magic players of all time:
1. Dennis Scott
2. Andrew Nicholson
3. Anthony "no-neck" Johnson
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#9 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:35 am

Just change the thread title to Fire Vaughn Now!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Dgbarnes
Junior
And1: 196

Post#10 » by Dgbarnes » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:41 am

Destin wrote:
Dgbarnes wrote:Maybe I missed something, were we supposed to win this game? Relax, take a step back, and look at their lineup of Holiday, Tyreke, E. Gordon, Asik, and Davis up against ours without 2 starters... Why is everyone overreacting?

Because everyone on here is sleeping with Rob Hennigan and pretending to be the world's best NBA 2K GM and predicted that this was our year to make the playoffs

JV sucks as a coach and the player development has been terrible since his tenure.

So, you honestly think that if those 2 missing starters were playing tonight we would have been competitive? I highly doubt it. We would have gotten curb stomped the same way.

Right even with our two missing starters we would've been clobbered. My point is that most any NBA fan that isn't a Magic fan would've taken the Pelicans in this one, and with said starters out, we we're 99% expected to lose this away game. You're overreacting because we lost to a team that is much more talented and experienced than we are.
didak
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by didak » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:44 am

sorry guys, I've given you the chance to vote to stick with for abit. I mean let's be serious some of those rotations were just like WTF... Payton guarding Ryan Anderson LMFAO..
R I P - Kobe Bryant
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#12 » by NickAnderson » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:44 am

A bunch of new players and the first game of the season. Rebuilding takes time people

Sent from my VS985 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app
didak
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by didak » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:45 am

Yes we were without a couple of our starters, give credit to where it's due. But come on we were smashed not just beaten, allowing them to get that run in the third was mind boggling..
R I P - Kobe Bryant
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#14 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:52 am

Watching Vaughns post game interview. He isn't even disgusted in losing. He actually accepts it and only looks at the good things the team does. Winners don't accept losing. Vaughn is a loser and as long as he is here, the best this team will ever, ever be is mediocre at best. But, I seriously doubt he can ever coach a winning season even if they even upgraded the talent with a max free agent.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#15 » by InFlames » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:55 am

Where are the tank gifs at?
didak
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by didak » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:57 am

My theory is...

We have a bunch of no doubt talented kids.. Why don't we get a coach in that has serious NBA Coaching experience who can nurture and teach them the kinks and cogs of the NBA. I'm sure that would be more plausible then having JV (No offense) doesn't seem to be upto coaching at NBA Level, although would be a welcomed assistant.
R I P - Kobe Bryant
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#17 » by ivDT » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:20 am

jacque is a grown ass, 40-something year old man that wears braces. he should be fired for that alone. it really reflects poor judgment.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#18 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:35 am

His interview persona is completely different from his coaching one. He's not going to display any negativity with a camera or audio recorder near him.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#19 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:42 am

I think i've finally jumped on board the fire his arse train. Still doing the same things we were the last few seasons when we were supposedly "tanking" when in actuality he was just a **** coach.

constant switching. Favoring inferior vets. Lack of ball movement on offense. Lack of player development.

The most common play we ran tonight was the iso but we dont have good iso players?
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#20 » by Max Power » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:44 am

I love all the knee jerk reactions to this game, come on man, step away from the edge of the cliff people.

First and foremost, we would have still got curb stomped by the Pelicans, look at their roster. Then look at who we have. Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson and 3 Jeryll Sassers would have beaten our team, Davis is just that good. NOLA is a team prime for a playoff run this year.

Look at the bright spots, Tobias and Nik proved they're worth tonight. This game wasn't all negative. This team is young, missing a major couple pieces in Oladipo and Frye. It's one game. Vaughn's not going anywhere this season so it does no good to bitch and moan, be resolved from the beginning that he'll be here and just hope we significant improvement as we go along.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
You look confused...let me fill you in.

Return to Orlando Magic