ImageImageImageImage

2015 Draft: Prospect Tracker

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: 2015 Draft: Prospect Tracker 

Post#1221 » by Skin » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:21 pm

thelead wrote:I like how a ton of American basketball fans equate Foreigner with "Euros"...

Orlwillbeback said Jianlian was a classic Euro bust. I had to laugh inside. :lol:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Re: Re: 2015 Draft: Prospect Tracker 

Post#1222 » by cedric76 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:26 pm

Skin wrote:
thelead wrote:I like how a ton of American basketball fans equate Foreigner with "Euros"...

Orlwillbeback said Jianlian was a classic Euro bust. I had to laugh inside. :lol:

Lol
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#1223 » by WillyJakkz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:03 pm

This is the only guy I want us to draft with our pick unless something unexpected happens.

Winslow would be a very nice consolation though, either way I suspect we'd trade Harris especially if going the SF route again.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#1224 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:32 am

Skin wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:Skin, last year i was on the exum bandwagon, and i feel porzingis to be this years exum. I just cant get behind a plsyer like him. Not with the other players who will be available where were picking. We simply cant tolerate another soft paint player without the ability to add weight. This guy looks like a classic euro bust like nikoloz milicic or jianlian.

Exum was much more of a mystery. To his credit he played his cards right and fooled a lot of people. KP has game film against better competition than college basketball provides. Could he bust? Sure. Is he worth taking a chance on? IMO, yes. I'm not the GM though. I'm not ONLY wanting him either. I could be happy with others. I think I would only be disappointed in Okafor. Towns is at the top but he's out of range. Russell, Mudiay, Winslow, WCS would all help our team. Okafor on the other hand, I'm not sure how he helps us in any way. Helping the team get better is the bottom line.

Yea tbh I can't really pinpoint a single player in this draft who is exactly what we need, especially where were picking. Imo wcs hezonjà, Winslow johnson would all be fine players. I'm not really following this draft nearly as much as I was last year. I'd be really nice to land in the top 3 and get one of the guards because then we'd have a really good, young guard rotation. I don't know much about mudiay but I'd like to see russell give elf and dipo a run for their money.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#1225 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:33 am

Skin wrote:

Tru jianlian was not euro but I hope you get my point.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1226 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:39 am

Skin wrote:

All I can think of is...

cedric76
RealGM

Post#1227 » by cedric76 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:33 am

I think Turner could be the perfect fit next to vuc

The guy can block
The guy can hit 3
The guy can hit ft
The guy has huge wingspan
The guy is a pf
The guy is young
The guy has high ceiling

If he has a great combine and show that he is more athletic than we think and that his awkward running will improve with time I could see him skyrocket in mock draft
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Re: 

Post#1228 » by KillMonger » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 am

cedric76 wrote:I think Turner could be the perfect fit next to vuc

The guy can block
The guy can hit 3
The guy can hit ft
The guy is a pf
The guy is young
The guy has high ceiling

If he has a great combine and show that he is more athletic than we think and that his awkward running will improve with time I could see him skyrocket in mock draft

how do you improve running?

JK, he's an intriguing prospect
cedric76
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#1229 » by cedric76 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:13 am

Immature Luigi wrote:

The guy can block
The guy can hit 3
The guy can hit ft
The guy is a pf
The guy is young
The guy has high ceiling

how do you improve running?

JK, he's an intriguing prospect

Once he get used to his new body

On the defensive side of the court, however, Turner continued to make a strong impact on a Texas team that ranked in the top-20 in the nation defensively, with his 9.4 defensive rebounds per 40 minutes (4th among DX Top-100 prospects) and 4.7 blocks per 40 minutes (3rd) both ranking very favorably in this draft class.

Those numbers rank Turner very well compared with recent elite-level defensive prospects such as Karl Towns (8.7 defensive rebounds and 4.5 blocks per 40 minutes), Joel Embiid (10.0 defensive rebounds and 4.5 blocks per 40 minutes) and Nerlens Noel (8.5 defensive rebounds and 5.5 blocks per 40 minutes). Encouragingly, those numbers remained excellent even when the competition strengthened, as Turner averaged 4.7 blocks and 8.7 defensive rebounds per 40 minutes against Texas' tough conference schedule.

While not an explosive athlete, Turner combines his plus length with excellent timing and great shot blocking instincts to be a consistent factor on this end of the court. Similarly, while Turner could certainly stand to fill out his frame with much-needed strength, he has good technique on the defensive glass and shows a nose for the ball, and does a good job collecting rebounds outside of his area for a guy who isn't all that quick.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3Y1aEewbF
http://www.draftexpress.com
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#1230 » by Patrick1978 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:01 am

Yes turner could be good but i have some concerns about injuries
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
The Other Ankle
Junior
And1: 260

Post#1231 » by The Other Ankle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Turner is very young and big men generally develop their games slower than guards. So I think he could end up with a very well-rounded offensive game. Also, rebounding and blocks are two stats that translate very well from lower levels of play. So I think he would have all of those factors in his favor.

My questions would be: How well does he defend the pick and roll? How would he do against a faster face-up four? And how is his individual defense in the post if there were a switch or when facing a team with two post-up threats (although there are less and less of those). How good he would need to be at each of these things could be weighed against our intended defensive system (whatever that will be!).

So if the adjusted answers to these questions are acceptable, I thing you draft him in the 5-7 range. I think they'll make him switch and otherwise run around a lot during workouts to see his mobility.
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#1232 » by Patrick1978 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:37 pm

I think if Orlando doesn t pick from 1-3 henny will surprise us all and pick someone we do not expect,one of hezonja,oubre,kaminsky,looney.When he picks a wing he will make a run for a big in free agency,if he picks a big he will make a run for a wing in free agency.Trust henny he is doing his homework and he has a good nose for the draft.
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
cedric76
RealGM

Post#1233 » by cedric76 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:41 pm

For our team i like

Towns obviously
Winslow (butler s clone)
Turner (for fir reason next to Vuc)
WCS for his D (but not sure about his Head and love for the game)
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#1234 » by KillMonger » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:00 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TK3tEOSJcY[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRnaqcIfHzQ[/youtube]
cedric76
RealGM

Post#1235 » by cedric76 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:11 pm

Immature Luigi wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TK3tEOSJcY[/youtube]

Really like him, reminds me butler
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#1236 » by KillMonger » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:34 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk7PDMJyqhA[/youtube]
brand new scouting report
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#1237 » by seeingstars » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:20 am

cedric76 wrote:
Skin wrote:

Lol

:lol:
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#1238 » by seeingstars » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:38 am

Immature Luigi wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk7PDMJyqhA[/youtube]
brand new scouting report

I go back and forth over a few guys just to not have all my eggs in one basket but whenever I come back around to Willie Cauley-Stein my jaw always drops. His game wins games and the way he plays he's a highlight machine who manages to play great defense while also keeping the ball in play. Something Dwight never did much, probably because he either A. Needed a breather or B. Knew that after that block, hed be out of position for the next attacker that usually ate Lewis's lunch.

His foot speed is true freak territory. Watching him outrun Jerame grant all the way down the court was supernatural. If his head and heart checkout with Henny, then I'll be over the moon if we get him.
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Re: 

Post#1239 » by Def Swami » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:46 am

The guy can block
The guy can hit 3
The guy can hit ft
The guy is a pf
The guy is young
The guy has high ceiling

I'm pretty high on Turner as well. If we're going with a stretch 4, I think I'd prefer him over Porzingis. They're similar in that they both can shoot, block shots, and rebound. But they don't have the greatest agility. However, despite his up and down offensive game throughout the season, Turner was an anchor for Texas on defense all year. At the very least, I'm confident that he'll provide some rim protection and rebounding next to Vucevic. As his J comes along, he'll be as close to the "Ibaka-PF" that we've been looking for.
Landshark
Senior
And1: 360

Post#1240 » by Landshark » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:03 am

What's the issue with WCS's love for the game? Have there been particular incidents that suggest he's disinterested in the game/has a poor work ethic?

Return to Orlando Magic